Page 1 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 2:29 pm

Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Feb 2017, 2:37 pm

What a coward, people like this should have their face pummeled. Spitting is probably the most disgusting disrespectful thing you can do from someone and doing it someone's child? He's lucky he didn't do this to wrong person or else it would of been the last thing he ever did and I don't think it would of been totally unjustified. How is this not a hate crime?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 3:06 pm

Probably has a mental illness.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 3:20 pm

Jacoby wrote:
...How is this not a hate crime?

It is. Most U.S. jurisdictions see it as assault and/or battery ( http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-ch ... rview.html ). The perpetrator can be detained long enough to test for HIV and other blood-borne pathogens, and prosecuted ... in my state, at least.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 5:06 pm

We should completely scrap the term 'hate crime'. Doesn't help anyone or anything.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 5:34 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
We should completely scrap the term 'hate crime'. Doesn't help anyone or anything.

I have been saying this for years ... and, I helped write my state's original hate-crime laws! No, it is better to describe "hate crime" as an intended "victim selection" for assault, aggravated assault, battery, extortion, intimidation, vandalism, rape, theft, breaking and entering, and robbery based on defined characteristics of potential victims. My state's Legislature is attempted to do just that this year.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 5:43 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

I have been saying this for years ... and, I helped write my state's original hate-crime laws! No, it is better to describe "hate crime" as an intended "victim selection" for assault, aggravated assault, battery, extortion, intimidation, vandalism, rape, theft, breaking and entering, and robbery based on defined characteristics of potential victims. My state's Legislature is attempted to do just that this year.

A crime is a crime. Anyone being targeted because they were vulnerable is a crime. If one person is walking home alone and is attacked by a gang of thugs and killed for no reason, would that suddenly become more of a crime if that person was non white and attacked by a gang of white people? Not in reality it wouldn't, but the media and co would make that case.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 6:45 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
JohnPowell wrote:

A crime is a crime. Anyone being targeted because they were vulnerable is a crime. If one person is walking home alone and is attacked by a gang of thugs and killed for no reason, would that suddenly become more of a crime if that person was non white and attacked by a gang of white people? Not in reality it wouldn't, but the media and co would make that case.

Most of the time, that is, indeed, true. But motivation is one of the things courts consider when determining guilt. Motivation to steal cash or personal property, vandalize real estate, or extort certain things or behaviors are all examples of how courts combine all known facts to arrive at a determination. In my state, as with most others, laws exist to prohibit harming or injurying military service members, educators, law-enforcement officers, religious leaders, children, emergency-medical service providers, and on and on. Nobody I know has ever doubted the need or effectiveness of such laws protecting certain people who are more at risk than most others. So, too, should there be laws to protect those who are decidedly selected for harm or injury based on their status, as well. If the desire to make the statuses of all victims mute, should we then repeal those laws which protect service members and law-enforcement officers among others? That would be foolish, of course. I see no difference in attempting to protect those groups of people who FBI statistics have shown are most vulnerable to crime.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 8:16 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
Imagine the colors were reversed. Where's the media outrage?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 94016.html

Isn't the fact this is in the tabloids media outrage??

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 8:17 pm

Jacoby wrote:
What a coward, people like this should have their face pummeled. Spitting is probably the most disgusting disrespectful thing you can do from someone and doing it someone's child? He's lucky he didn't do this to wrong person or else it would of been the last thing he ever did and I don't think it would of been totally unjustified. How is this not a hate crime?

At least the woman and baby are unharmed

This pregnant woman was not so lucky
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 53006.html

Skinheads are still lurking around...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Feb 2017, 8:58 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

anyone that attacks a child isn't worthy of life

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2017, 9:10 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Probably has a mental illness.

The bottom of the article stated just that
Quote:
The judge told the court Abdulla’s deteriorating mental health had contributed to his offence. He received psychiatric treatment after the attack between July and September last year, which has been continued since his release into the community.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 1:00 am

Jacoby wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

anyone that attacks a child isn't worthy of life

It would be appropriate if you were equally angry at the skinhead kicking a pregnant woman (in the same tabloid on the same day) , the baby who was spat on will grow up happy and healthy and the perpetrator will face the law. The other baby (whom you carefully ignored) died and the racist scum is still wandering the streets.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 5:41 am

Despite bieng a repeat offender the criminal was not put in jail.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 12:39 pm

JohnPowell wrote:

Seriously. A man spit on a baby's face. That's bad enough as is.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 1:19 pm

I say if you want to get in someones face and say racist things to them, let alone spit on them or their baby for that matter then they deserve a hard punch right in the face.

Now some might disagree with that, but I say don't want to get hit? don't do that.