Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2017, 4:03 am

But, when I was younger, I had a desire to write works of Science Fiction set in a Galactic Empire. I got the idea from Brinn Aldiss's two volume anthology, "Galactic Empires". And, I wished to write about a really mean and scary Galactic Empire, so I decided to read up on two actual, historical Empires that most love to hate: namely Commie Russia and Nazi Germany. Still, having read Orwell's book, I was fascinated with the entire idea of Totalitarianism.

Needless, nothing came of it. I guess, I could work on writing something else, instead. Perhaps, I could work on a mere Star System Empire. That would, perhaps, have been a much better idea too. It was fun while it lasted, but having no idea about Story Structure, I kept on writing and writing and writing, as long as I possibly could. I suppose, it became an obsession with me.

Looking back, I realize that my stories, and attempts at novels, were not really all that good. Perhaps, just perhaps, I should write non-fiction instead. At any rate, I should endeavor to write from another genre.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 4:39 am

i don't think it sounds silly at all. i've always been fond of creating fictional worlds and realms...at first they were towns, then bigger towns...then cities, countries, planets, only recently have i graduated to galactic empires.

the most developed one aims to restore the the seventh segment of the universe it inhabits, which was corrupted during its creation, at the expense of the home planet where the opposition lies.

and yes, more often than not i've incorporated the idea of totalitarianism. the atrocities and victims aside, some sects of fascism had a good aesthetic built for themselves, which may possibly be isolated from the associated regime. i read orwell's book in the 10th grade.

i think it's cool you can bring yourself to write about it, because aside from dry descriptions and bullet-point histories...i can't. i've always liked reading nonfiction more, and writing it has been easier for me as well.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2017, 4:52 am

It is really exciting too. I think I will branch of into Lovecraftian Fiction as well. That would be a good idea!

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2017, 7:38 am

I wouldn't call it silly. I had a similar idea at one point, but that was as far as it ever went.

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

13 Mar 2017, 5:00 am

I am beginning to think I should have written other things, instead!

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2017, 5:26 pm

Not silly. Seems like it could be a good story, so you can still try it out.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 1:12 am

TwinRuler wrote:
I am beginning to think I should have written other things, instead!

hey, someone has to write the math textbooks, and cobble together the car repair manuals, and make those little informational brochures in clinic waiting rooms...i don't think those will be automated for a long while, but count me out. :skull:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.