Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Asher Hurwood
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Feb 2017, 4:08 am

Hello.

O.K, so at school I rarely talk to people outside of lessons, instead I wander round corridors awaiting the next lesson. Every time I engage in a conversation with anyone I always go too crazy and fast, not so much having a conversation as I am just trying to say things to be able to stop talking to them. Talking to people normally is very tiring and strenuous, unless it's people I know really well from my family. I have observed the behaviour of several children and noticed how they all group together and talk. Is there a way for me to talk to them without "acting" as I call it, without going crazy?

Incidentally, I don't know if this is usual at all for autism, but I seem to switch between three personalities, varying in confidence and how I talk to people. The faster, manic one already mentioned. My usual self, who I want to be when talking to people but never am. And sometimes I'll just not respond to anyone, be sitting down and just rock back and forth for a while. I suppose these aren't so much three personalities as three different emotions, maybe, but I wonder if it's not unusal. So, is it possible for me to talk to someone without "acting" and do I really have three personalities or just three states of mind?

sweetperfume
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Feb 2017, 2:44 pm

What you're describing doesn't sound odd to me at all. For me at least, when I have a lot of energy I can socialize pretty well and will more or less seem "normal". When I'm tired, I either go into some kind of frenzied hyperdrive where I'm all over the place, or I shut mostly down, not talking or interacting very much and rocking a lot more.