Are most men struggling to get healthy weight women?

Page 3 of 31 [ 484 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 1:46 am

^ That's true but I bet some couples do this, I figured it might be easier if you were in a couple cause you'd end up buying the same food together kinda thing but obvs there's tons to consider with it yeah like why are they even that chub in the first place etc. And I agree it's not guaranteed but you never know it could work, might be a chub girl out there who just needs a kick up the arse to get in shape. *shrug*

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 1:49 am

Lunella wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Imagine that 90% of men suddenly become shorter than all women.
I am sure then most women would compete fiercely over the remaining 10% and would express frustration maybe even worse than the OP.

I didn't even know height was a thing. xD
My ex was shorter than me, haha.

It is a very much a thing; you are not from this planet I think.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 2:11 am

Haha probably. I just don't see the point, when you get old you'll be short anyway since you shrink with age.
One of my exes was 6'7 and it was horrible cause he walked way faster than me, at least with a shorter dude I could keep up lol!

edit: to lighten the mood, I've found a thread appropriate song. :wink:

Last edited by Lunella on 24 Feb 2017, 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 2:50 am

It's funny when height difference is so large.

My wife's good friend only dates much taller guys than her. We always wondered how do they kiss. Do they use a step? Does her neck hurt after a long kiss?

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 2:57 am

^ height differences aren't so noticeable when you get horizontal.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 3:03 am

Raleigh wrote:
^ height differences aren't so noticeable when you get horizontal.

If you're a short guy, to make a girl more comfortable around you, you should get her into a horizontal position as soon as possible. :D

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 3:18 am

So next time I better to bring a cane and make her stumble.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 3:44 am

Sometime World wrote:
arielhawksquill wrote:
If The Red Pill forum on Reddit is to be believed, there is incredible competition for non-obese women. And because of the inflated attention from online dating, even the obese ones expect to be able to attract a healthy weight man. If you ascribe to the idea that you ought to realistically stay within your "league" for dating, the unhappy-making truth is that having autism as a man puts you in the same league as being overweight does for a woman.

I don't buy into that healthy weight men of avg looks with autism deserve obese girls.. but yeah it feels the way you put it. It can be dehumanizing.

Yeah, that's what's dehumanizing. :roll:

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 11:10 pm

Love can be cruel, I think we should call it the "Lust and Dating" forum. The sad thing is that I'm just as unflexible as anyone else when it comes to size, I get used to the way people look, but I can't get used to someone being bigger than me. Its ironic because us AS guys hate the way we get written off, yet we do the same thing without so much as a pause for how it would make someone feel.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 12:32 am

MDD123 wrote:
Love can be cruel, I think we should call it the "Lust and Dating" forum. The sad thing is that I'm just as unflexible as anyone else when it comes to size, I get used to the way people look, but I can't get used to someone being bigger than me. Its ironic because us AS guys hate the way we get written off, yet we do the same thing without so much as a pause for how it would make someone feel.

Obesity isn't a neurological disorder that you're born with. It's a lifestyle choice. There's no need for it. So it's not an equivalency.

Don't want to be obese? Don't eat so much junk and do more exercise.

Of course there's PCOS and other disorders that can affect weight in women. Depression can make it hard to lose weight because you have no motivation and food is a comfort, but by and large the majority of Britains eat too much of the wrong food and drink too much alcohol and don't exercise enough.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 12:38 am

Lunella wrote:
Maybe you could get with a chub girl then train her to get skinny since most girls want to actually be slim anyway?

No, that won't work. She would resent it. You're supposed to "accept her the way she is".

It would be borderline abusive to start trying to control another person's diet and exercise.

They would leave pretty quickly.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 2:25 am

hurtloam wrote:
Lunella wrote:
Maybe you could get with a chub girl then train her to get skinny since most girls want to actually be slim anyway?

No, that won't work. She would resent it. You're supposed to "accept her the way she is".

It would be borderline abusive to start trying to control another person's diet and exercise.

They would leave pretty quickly.

Yeah you're looking at it in the wrong way I meant lol.
I don't mean just completely control someone, you'd have to approach a chub girl as a friend then get on to the conversation of weight loss somehow and be all like "well I could take you to the gym if you wanted to lose weight" or whatevs and if there's a show of wanting to then there you go, someone willing. This is exactly what that crazy asperger dude Harley Johnstone did with freelee, then again I suppose that worked better since they were activists. I've heard of this happening before though a few times which is why I even brought it up.

The way you seem to think is find any chub girl and force her to lose weight, which no that won't work at all they have to be willing and serious about it. If they start putting weight on then you just show more and more disinterest to them kinda thing.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 2:45 am

hurtloam wrote:

How about a couple eating equal quantities of the same food and doing the same exercise?

I weigh 109 pounds, so if my partner did the same, wouldn't we end up more or less the same weight given enough time?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 5:53 am

hurtloam wrote:
MDD123 wrote:

Obesity isn't a neurological disorder that you're born with. It's a lifestyle choice. There's no need for it. So it's not an equivalency.

Of course there's PCOS and other disorders that can affect weight in women. Depression can make it hard to lose weight because you have no motivation and food is a comfort, but by and large the majority of Britains eat too much of the wrong food and drink too much alcohol and don't exercise enough.

A lot of people don't have a clue about what the difference even is between healthy and junk food, because food companies mislead people all over the place, all the time.

And it's not just about eating too much junk food, but portion sizes. A lot of people don't have much of a clue about that either. I'm just talking from...well, talking to people about food generally. People are very uneducated when it comes to food.

The Japanese eat small portions. Their snacks and sweets are a lot smaller too, and are often wrapped individually (helping portion control). I think the West could learn a lot from them. Or just from looking into our past, because this country used to eat smaller portions too.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 6:08 am

BTDT wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

How about a couple eating equal quantities of the same food and doing the same exercise?

I weigh 109 pounds, so if my partner did the same, wouldn't we end up more or less the same weight given enough time?

Eep, American weight system. Not sure what 109 pounds is in relation to anything else.

I have a female friend who after starting to live with a male partner put on weight because he was cooking the portion sizes he would normally eat and multiplying that by 2. She was consistently getting larger portions than she used to and therefore put on weight.

Conversely I have another friend who is very healthy and slender, but she is concerned about her partner's weight, so is making him healthy food too. He likes her cooking, but he also enjoys going to less healthy places for lunch and snacks throughout the day while he is at work. Her healthy eating habits haven't helped him lose weight because he still does his own thing.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 6:10 am

Smudge is right (I wish we had an upvote button). Some people think cereal bars are healthy. Nah, have a banana or a handful of nuts instead peeps.