Why Do Comments Like This Make Me Angry

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

burnt_orange
Toucan
Toucan

23 Feb 2017, 8:17 pm

It could be a problem, but if you put things in perspective here...if this is the worst problem you have, then you guys are doing great. Or think of it this way, at least you have food and a girlfriend to complain about! You're lucky.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Feb 2017, 2:30 am

SaveFerris wrote:
liveandrew wrote:
tonight it was tagliatelle with a king-prawn, tomato and chiili sauce with rocket and Grana Padano

Alright Jamie Oliver , stop showing off :P

Oddly enough, it is a Jamie Oliver recipe :) It's a really simple recipe with very few ingredients (8) and takes the same time it takes to boil some water and cook the pasta. If anyone wants the recipe, I'll post it.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 6:38 am

burnt_orange wrote:
It could be a problem, but if you put things in perspective here...if this is the worst problem you have, then you guys are doing great.

If only that was our only problem , I could flood the boards with relationship problems I have.

burnt_orange wrote:
Or think of it this way, at least you have food and a girlfriend to complain about! You're lucky.

Yep , some people might see me as lucky as I have a girlfriend but everything comes at a price. There are definately positives with having a girlfriend but if you have anxiety , depression , ASD there are also negatives which wouldn't be a problem if I were a single.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 7:01 am

SaveFerris wrote:
I don't understand why it irks me so much so I will try and give you an example.

Me & my GF share cooking duties ( although she's a lot better at it and does it more than me )

My GF will turn the oven on then ask me if I will put the chips in , then a bit later ask me to put the fish in , then it's almost an unwritten rule that I will dish it up as well.

I feel like she is trying to trick me into making food without me realising.

I'd have no problem if she just asked at the beginning if I will make food. It's the way she goes about that angers me.

Does anyone see a problem here , am I just being an arse , or is something else going on?

Could any of this be related to AS for either of us? ( i.e. the way she asks or the way I react )
No that this has ever happened to me but I don't imagine it would bother me. I just realized I'm effectively a three year old. :?

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 3:56 pm

Pieplup wrote:
I just realized I'm effectively a three year old. :?

Why do you think that?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard