Racist Trump supporter kicked off plane

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 5:48 am

Cellphone footage of the incident shows the man on a Flight 1113 from Chicago to Houston saying that all the “illegals” should be kicked off the plane, moments before the man and woman were asked to collect their belongings and exit the aircraft.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... f97e623302

“Happy flight home,” he added seconds later while his female companion held her middle finger up to the person filming. “I hope you stay there.”

“Get out of here,” a woman responded. “Racists aren’t welcome in America! This is not Trump’s America!”

“Goooodbyeee raaacists!” the woman added.

What a great good news story....

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 8:39 am

Where does it say he's a Trump supporter? Personally I don't assume all liberals and or leftists are/were Clinton or Obama supporters and rarely refer to them as much.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 10:25 am

All children in grown-up bodies.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 11:45 am

The man was rude and probably deserved to be kicked off the plane but that is it.

He did not say anything negative about any race so the statement was not racist.
He did not say any negative things about any religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic group etc. so the statement was not bigoted.

The man might be a racist he might not be, but the racist claims are nothing but assumptions by people who think they have magical mind reading abilities.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 5:53 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
The man was rude and probably deserved to be kicked off the plane but that is it.

He did not say anything negative about any race so the statement was not racist.
He did not say any negative things about any religion, sex, sexual orientation, ethnic group etc. so the statement was not bigoted.

The man might be a racist he might not be, but the racist claims are nothing but assumptions by people who think they have magical mind reading abilities.

He profiled the Pakistani gentleman (in traditional garb) by stating fairly loudly (so other passengers could hear) not once but twice if he was "carrying a bomb in his bag".

I'm using the 1 + 1 = 2 logic here but we can safetly assume this man and his girlfriend are of the racist persuasion...not really that unusual in this day and age but now they feel emboldened to act out their cognitions bubbling away under the surface...

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 6:30 pm

He was definitely doing racial profiling, no argument there. But also I think certain types of garb have inadvertently become a bomber costume, because of media, movie and TV depictions.

Also he didn't seem particularly bright and maybe had a screw loose. Nobody in their right mind says the word "bomb" onboard an airliner.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 10:48 pm

I'd have called him an a-hole to his face, but I don't see why someone should get kicked off a flight for being one.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 11:24 pm

MDD123 wrote:
I'd have called him an a-hole to his face, but I don't see why someone should get kicked off a flight for being one.

Stores kick out disruptive a$$holes all the time, so planes should be no different. As a matter of fact, just after Trump's election, some dumb cracker had gotten himself thrown off the plane by standing up and taunting the rest of the passengers that there was nothing they could do to stop Trump. Perhaps, but he was certainly stopped from taking that flight.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 2:10 am

There was some other lunatic on another flight going on shouting "you can't stop Trump!". But that was on Air Force One and he was the president, so they reluctantly let him stay on board.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 2:58 am

MDD123 wrote:

Because he was also harassing other passengers...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 5:49 am

EzraS wrote:
There was some other lunatic on another flight going on shouting "you can't stop Trump!". But that was on Air Force One and he was the president, so they reluctantly let him stay on board.

...Until four years from now.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 9:25 am

Seems more xenophobic to me.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:

...Until four years from now.

Or eight years from now.

What can I say? I have more faith in Murphy's Law then the pundits predicting Trump's demise. Of course taking Murphy's Law to it's logical conclusion Trump will not make it past year one because he along with everybody else will be vaporized because he had a temper tantrum. The scary thing for me is I truly think this is a realistic possibility. That would certainly accomplish Bannon's deconstruction goal.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:53 pm

MDD123 wrote:

He must have been kicked out for security reason; rather paranoid but airplane security crews have good reason to be paranoid nowadays.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 10:31 pm

EzraS wrote:

Touche! :mrgreen: