would you rather go out or have people over at your house?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Feb 2017, 7:09 pm

i'm always torn between either having people come over and play games or meeting them at a coffee shop. i don't like people in my space, but i always wanted my place to be the center of our hang outs. like Monica's apartment in Friends, but i always feel more comfortable meeting people in public that way if i know i have to run errands like going grocery shopping, i can do it after we met up.

what do you think?
would you take the risk of not seeing people on a regular basis if you don't use your place as a the hangout place?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 7:40 pm

I'd think it would be distracting to try and play any games at a coffee shop, with customers going in and out and such, at least for me it would be. Unless like they had some sort of area for that away from the main traffic of people just wanting to grab a coffee and be on their way.

NikNak
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Feb 2017, 7:45 pm

If I actually had a group of friends to play games with then I would probably want them over at my house. It's so much less hassle for me to have people over than to get ready and go to someone else's house. I'm lazy that way but I'm also going to be more comfortable in my own home and I actually quite like playing hostess (as long as it's with people I'm comfortable with).

I have been to other people's houses for game's nights and FNM at a local record store but it takes a lot more energy.

I'd likely be too self conscious to play at a coffee shop as I sadly fear being judged.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2017, 8:15 pm

If it's just me and one other person, I'd rather stay at my condo. It takes a lot of planning for me to have a group come to my place. I'm OK going out with a group - I still have to plan with any of it, I'm not a spur-of-the-moment type girl.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:56 am

I like being at home, but I'm always awkward about hosting. What food do I provide? What activities do we do? Are people bored? And having to get the house to hosting standard. I struggle with that.

I don't like going to other people's houses, either. I feel uncomfortable in someone else's house and I'm constantly worried about whether or not I'm outstaying my welcome, or planning to leave too early...

Being in public is better for me. If I meet in a coffee shop, I don't worry about being a good host and I let the other person decide when we leave.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 4:08 am

At home. Cards against humanity + booze. Tortillas/cheese/dip. Random snacks, buy pizza or whatever after if people are really hungry or too drunk. I never knew Uno could be such a fun drinking game. Mario party 5 or watch some ridiculous movie like Sharknado. That and general conversation with people.

If I go out then it's usually just to see a band with a big group of friends or go to one of the many metal bars/pubs in my town. I usually get food from this alternative indoor market we have as it has a cafe on the 3rd floor. I prefer the more obscure cafes/food places as they're more accepting of weirdos. Mainstream places like Starbucks or whatever I can't f*****g stand.

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 4:28 am

Last time I had someone come over to my (well, technically my parents') place was back in December, about a week before Christmas Eve. I don't usually have new guests - in fact, he was the first guest I'd had in a few years. Either way, we spent our time writing music together and discussing random stuff.

In the rare case I do invite people over, I prefer to invite only one person at a time - sometimes possibly more, but no more than 3 at once. The fewer, the better. It provides an air of intimacy, which I enjoy. Of course I'm not so inconsiderate as to pry people's darkest secrets out of them first thing, but I like to think of it as a way of non-verbally giving them the possibility if they wish to oblige.

And after typing all of that, I start to wonder why I even go to parties when I'm clearly not a party person. Geez.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 4:40 am

If I have a choice.. Neither. :lol:

But I'd lean towards "Going out to someone's house". I'm fine as a guess, and I have no idea or experience on how to be a host.
I never truly accepted any visitors nor invited anyone.
But I rarely (and randomly as I pace through the city) that I'd ever visited someone on my own volition, and rarely got invited and accepted it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 6:36 am

I prefer to go out.
My appartment is indeed "my place", where i know i am safe.

A real advantage of being somewhere else for a meeting is that i can go home when i'm done; can't do that when i have people over.

liveandrew
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2017, 7:25 am

The last time I was at someone else's house was 4 years ago. The last time someone came to our house was 3 years ago. I guess if I had to make a choice it would be to stay at home as that's where I'm most comfortable.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 46 of 200

Listener of all things noisy, viewer of all things bloody, writer of all things sh*t.

KennyIOM
Raven
Raven

25 Feb 2017, 8:22 am

I dislike having people over to my home. It's my safe space.

rowan_nichol
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 8:37 am

Out, good food, low alcohol.

My place is my space. I don't esnt to have to censor it / dismantle the kit I use to ubeind etc or have to start explaining it.

Also my space tends to be a bit of a cross between a wharehousr and a tip.

Hippygoth
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Feb 2017, 11:35 am

Sometimes I like going to a quiet, cosy pub with a friend, but can't stand noisy and busy places. Overall I'd rather invite my friends round to my house.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:15 pm

I'd rather go out than have people over at my place. My housekeeping is nothing to write home about.

hellhole
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Feb 2017, 3:52 pm

I would rather go out, to like a quiet bar with some friends. I'm a very private person who needs his personal space, and having people over is just intolerable.

"vulnerable narcissistic defenses w/ mild borderline traits"; Body Dysmorphic Disorder, (self-diagnosed).

Our internal representation of reality: (http://bit.ly/2BJuj5o)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 5:36 pm

I'd rather go out to a place where I can't be bothered by my family.