Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 2:40 am

Despite getting tested 8 grades above what I showed in school (1st grade at a 9th grade level, except in math was 8th), and having an IQ of 152-160, I have continuously shown a MASSIVE inability to adapt and learn new things. My mind is practically disabled. I can only think, but I can't take in new information. I am especially horrible at technical things, and I've spent the last couple years trying to figure out the difference between "technical" people and "aesthetic people" seeing as there's such a profound difference. I've lived my whole life with academic difficulty and I've failed 4-5 years of school. I've never been put into any special program, and when I was tested the first time they said it was just ADHD. The second one said severe Traditional Autism. I'm not really sure what the hell is the problem. I'm lost and no matter how hard I work towards a goal, it just gets further and further away. I'm on the verge of crying and I'm not sure if it's withdraw from my medication (which I missed, and which also has caused severe dizziness, horrible thoughts, depression, sweatiness, blurry vision, and funky thoughts) or it's just because I'm miserable. Any help would be appreciated. I want to know why I'm so god damn stupid.

I also can't do something for a prolonged period of time. I tried to learn programming and right in the middle I started to have my heart speed up and had to put the book down because I randomly burst out crying. I believe Asperger's causes a difficulty in understanding emotions so it's like I'm a walking self esteem wreck and I Don't even know it most of the time.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 2:53 am

wrongcitizen wrote:
Despite getting tested 8 grades above what I showed in school (1st grade at a 9th grade level, except in math was 8th), and having an IQ of 152-160, I have continuously shown a MASSIVE inability to adapt and learn new things. My mind is practically disabled. I can only think, but I can't take in new information. I am especially horrible at technical things, and I've spent the last couple years trying to figure out the difference between "technical" people and "aesthetic people" seeing as there's such a profound difference. I've lived my whole life with academic difficulty and I've failed 4-5 years of school. I've never been put into any special program, and when I was tested the first time they said it was just ADHD. The second one said severe Traditional Autism. I'm not really sure what the hell is the problem. I'm lost and no matter how hard I work towards a goal, it just gets further and further away. I'm on the verge of crying and I'm not sure if it's withdraw from my medication (which I missed, and which also has caused severe dizziness, horrible thoughts, depression, sweatiness, blurry vision, and funky thoughts) or it's just because I'm miserable. Any help would be appreciated. I want to know why I'm so god damn stupid.

I also can't do something for a prolonged period of time. I tried to learn programming and right in the middle I started to have my heart speed up and had to put the book down because I randomly burst out crying. I believe Asperger's causes a difficulty in understanding emotions so it's like I'm a walking self esteem wreck and I Don't even know it most of the time.

There are different learning styles. Temple Grandin is a visual learner. She needs pictures to understand the material. An expert tutor can adapt the material, but not everyone can afford a good tutor. And then there is the issue that good tutors in the USA are usually smart immigrants here on visas.

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2017, 3:36 pm

wrongcitizen wrote:

First off, you're not stupid. How can you be with an IQ of at least 152? My IQ is only 106. I'm the one who should feel stupid. Is there any way you can get back on your medication? Those withdrawl symptoms sound pretty bad. I feel sorry for you. If it's hard for you to learn technical stuff, it's ok. We all have our weaknesses. Mine is math. Ok, I'm almost out of time on this computer, so best of luck to you!

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 12:33 am

Thanks for responses. I feel pretty bad about what I posted, in fact I think it was a withdrawal symptom. I missed one dosage and this happens. I don't often feel this way, only when I miss the dosages. I think I need to check this stuff out with my doctor and abstain from posting when I'm not feeling well haha.

Anyways, I gave up the technical stuff not because I was incapable of doing it but because I realized I didn't WANT to do it. Only when I want to do something I will be able to do it. What interests me interests me and that's what I reckon I should focus on.