Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 12:46 pm

Etsy is a fun place to browse when you've got nothing going on. Found one guy making traditional poofy shirts. Like what all those guys on romance novel covers aren't quite fully wearing.

Seeing as this isn't the adult section, I will not be suggesting that anyone scour the internet for anything pertaining to inferior mythological serpentines.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 1:11 pm

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 3:58 pm

I've been looking at the weird bootleg toys on Ebay a lot lately. I think they may be getting more popular than the authorized toys of popular characters with adult collectors because they are so bizarre. For example there are some knock-off Ninjas Turtles and their teeth are so sloppily painted on they're real Nightmare Fuel, and for some reason they have pentagrams etched into the tops of their heads! 8O

I don't believe in cursed dolls though, it's just dumb. I actually have a life-sized doll of Tiffany, Chucky's bride from the Child's Play movies, and she hasn't even tried killing me once with her plastic knife or anything else. :lol:

Last edited by lostonearth35 on 25 Feb 2017, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 4:15 pm

There are also some really weird Hungarian slide puzzle toys. One of them has The Flintstones and Rubbles on them, and Betty has blonde hair and looks really ticked off for some reason at Barney, who has a green outfit and his mouth hanging open like a fish, Wilma has a yellow dress with black stripes, brown hair, and arms like a t-rex, and Fred has red eyes and five fingers on his hand. And they're asking for $39.00 for it!

On the plus side, the puzzle is already completed so you don't have to solve it yourself. I've never liked these annoying little pieces of cheap plastic I usually got when they gave out loot bags at birthday parties, but I don't remember them looking as weird.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 6:36 pm

For a long time there was an ad on E-Bay for a surplus Soviet era Tupolev 95 four engine "Bear" Bomber on Ebay. It's parked on a tarmac in the Ukraine, and is owned by a German asking for bids. Cant seem to paste any links to it. Just google "Tu 95 on Ebay" and you will see the shiny silver aircraft. The operational fleet of Bears is still a vital part of the airforce of the Russian Republic. It's a kind of a poor man's version of the B 52. It would certainly make you the envy of your neighbors if you could be seen driving one! Lol!

The mysterious German owner has failed to respond to inquiries. So I gather that they have pulled his ad from Ebay.

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Feb 2017, 6:39 pm

248RPA wrote:

I got given a grow your own GF kit last year :cry:

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 6:45 pm

Dave_T wrote:

Gosh!

That's even worse than being given a "clapper", or a "chia pet" (common joke presents here in the USA).

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2017, 10:24 pm

I remember once reading that someone tried to auction off a Siamese cat on E-bay.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 2:28 am

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 10:16 am

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2017, 1:31 pm

Grow a BF/GF-more fun than a barrel of sea monkeys!

Dragon meat-LOL! Probably spam (or something similar)

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 9:53 am

When I was checking out "weird stuff" on Amazon I saw French's mustard for sale. I think selling mustard on Amazon is weird. Can't people just go to the store and buy it? If you order food or groceries how long does it normally take? It usually takes 2-3 weeks for anything I've ordered to arrive. My goodness, if I ordered all my groceries on Amazon I would be too weak from starvation to even open the door when it got here! 8O

I once had a grow a fairy that I bought from the dollar store. :)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 10:29 am

Some people move and can no longer buy "common" food items. For instance, the only place that sells tamales around here is Walmart. None of the real grocery stores sell canned Hormel tamales.

If you cook your own food you may need an exact ingredient to duplicate your favorite recipe. Similar condiments or spices may taste a little different, no matter what you do.