Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

idonthaveanickname
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2017, 3:27 pm

I was wondering, is dating or getting involved with someone much older than you an Asperger's thing or a Borderline Personality Disorder thing? Because a lot of men I've gotten involved with have been in their 40's or 50's and I'm in my 30's. Actually, the guy would become interested in me first, and then once I discover that he likes me, I immediately start liking him, no matter how old he is. I guess that's how gullible and vulnerable I am. My dad once brought this up to me, saying that he doesn't understand what it is with me and older guys. I didn't really know what to say to him. Then I read in this book on BPD, that those with BPD like to date older people to fill in that emptiness they feel; just someone to have companionship with. I figured, too, that older means wiser. Now I know that's not necessarily true. So, any thoughts?

LadyOfTheLake
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Feb 2017, 4:15 pm

I think this could also be an aspie thing, because I don't have bpd and my boyfriend is ten years older. I've always preferred older guys and I never really liked talking to people at my age. Younger children were okay because of their lower social competence and older children and adults were just perfect, because their topics were much more interesting.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Feb 2017, 10:06 pm

It may also be an Aspie thing sense some Aspies get along better with older people

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 10:11 am

It's the opposite for me. My wife is NT and 18 years younger (53/35).

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 10:54 pm

I like to date older because they are experienced, more mature, and generally have their s**t together and know what they want. They must be at least 10 years older but not grandpa aged because that's gross. Older people are better able to help you because they usually have their own place and more money. And since older people are more experienced they are usually more interesting to talk to and better at sex. Younger men are too whiny and demanding for me, and they always seem to have some kind of issue with me and are flaky. I like intelligent older people I can learn things from. I have ASD level 1, and am in my late 20s.

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2017, 1:14 am

I have socialized with people much older than I was in the past. More recently, I socialized with people younger than I am or closer to me in age and the experiences weren't as fulfilling. As for dating, whenever guys past 50 start contacting me, I get creeped out. I wouldn't want someone more than 4-6 years older. Dating/marriage is different than socializing. I don't want to be involved with someone much older than I am.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2017, 1:32 am

well my boyfriend is 5 years older than me and interestingly enough before I met him I thought it may be a good idea to look for guys a little bit older. And saw his profile that he was 30 and I was 26 which was a further age difference than I dated before but it has worked out well. I have always desired a real committed relationship, and seems guys exaactly my age for a lot of times arent read to stick to it or have led me on. So that is when I raised the ages I was looking for on my ok cupid up to 31...cause the guys I met who were my age just didnt seem to want to really make it a long term thing. I just thought maybe guys a little bit older than me might be more reliable than the ones clsoer to my exact age.