Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

foxant
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Feb 2017, 7:19 am

im starting to get old geting to 27 soon, and i choose a life of isolation, and im starting to think that was a bad idea. that feeling that im useless, that im no affecting anyone life, that my life has no meaning, its been so many time since i talked and have fun with anyone in real life...
i like isolation but i reached a point that im no more liking it.
i just hate having misophonia and being so slow socially, i just cant deal with the mocking. im the kind of people that people point the finger and feeling good with theirselfs of not being me. i was told to look religion but i cant stop think that the same god that created is the same that give me that life of suffering. i dont know what to do anymore, i dont have any close friends. in real life, none, my last friend just dont go here anymore, in internet, i can be on facebook, steam, whatsapp or any other social network site, and i hope that someone talk with me, but no one do. its sad to see a list of almost 200 friends on steam, or 300 random people on facebook, and no one talk to me, just one or two people talk to me but its kinda rare. it hurts being ignored.
:cry:

Special Interest: memes

hellhole
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Mar 2017, 8:56 pm

Like a inherit meaning? Not at all, I think we all need to find our meaning in life. I sort of agree with you that a life of isolation is a life wasted though. Most people don't really think about this because they are so blinded by the monotony of the daily grind, but it sounds like you've had plenty of time to think about this. To tell you the truth I feel lost and directionless in life right now.

"vulnerable narcissistic defenses w/ mild borderline traits"; Body Dysmorphic Disorder, (self-diagnosed).

Our internal representation of reality: (http://bit.ly/2BJuj5o)

VYcma
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Mar 2017, 10:04 pm

For me, there is no meaning as there is no reason. You can do whatever you want. Nobody's forcing you to be good or successful.

pokeystinker
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Mar 2017, 3:48 am

[quote][/quote]

I am probably getting it heinously wrong, but existentialism suggests there isn't an inherent meaning to life - we have to make our own, or something like that.

That being said, I don't feel like my own life has any real meaning too. It's all struggle and suffering till the bliss of death. Religion won't help everyone either. Perhaps it might fit those more predisposed to a sense of cheery optimism. Presently I am struggling to justify the existence of evil and a supposed benevolent God, to myself.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 10:47 pm

I sure feel my life has meaning, to several people too.

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2017, 11:14 pm

Life is meaningless. It's inherently absurd the way it is. The whole universe is. We're just inventing meaning to comfort ourselves. It means freedom. We aren't forced to choose a path. All paths are open.
It's not as if you could have a God of pure love too. Something can exist only by contrast with its contrary. Light is there because of darkness, life is there because of death, love is there because of hate. It's not really as if God could do otherwise to make it all work. The "pure love, pure good" stories are just bedtime stories for children. But it doesn't change the existence and power of love and of all good things. It's still there :)
When I feel lonely, I like to go in the wilderness and connect with nature. Watch the stars. Feel the wind against my face. Looking at trees and the little animals that no one else dares looking at because they're so strange. Lying down and looking at clouds in the sky. Wondering sometimes how much life there is all around me, underground, strange wonderful life in the oceans, life everywhere in the universe certainly and maybe having the same existential questions as we do. We have nature all around us and letting us breathe and be. It's always there and we're part of its unity.

fselzr
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jun 2017, 1:47 pm

My life is a mission.

fselzr

25 Jun 2017, 1:58 pm

And I love my life, even when it's the worst possible, most pointless, painful, hellish, prisonlike, nightmarish, torturing, disgusting Torment that can exist. I love this planet, human race, nature and universe. Everything. Especially The Art. It's a heaven.

ManaLDN
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Jun 2017, 5:26 pm

If you are alive, your life has a meaning.

I experienced isolation and was questioning life, like you. I think it's easier to see when you think of what you would leave behind if you ended your life - your family, a friend, a pet, or an obligation to fulfill.

will@rd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2017, 6:12 pm

MissAlgernon wrote:
Something can exist only by contrast with its contrary. Light is there because of darkness, life is there because of death, love is there because of hate.

That is true only in the material universe. Our senses are tuned to perceive dichotomies, in order to comprehend some rationale in a world of 3 physical dimensions (plus time). So we see white, black and gray; good, evil, benign.

Outside this bubble, space and time are certainly very different than what we're used to, so much so that we can't even picture what existence there is like. To understand a prime mover, a creative impulse from which everything else unfolds, is ultimately beyond our human comprehension. However, with much meditation and silence, to touch such a concept is not beyond our imagination, because where the brain is limited, the mind is not.

Suffering and pleasure are products of this material world. To wonder why "God" allows suffering, or withholds pleasure, is a childish point of view. Neither is ultimately real. The person you know as [YOUR GIVEN NAME] is a character in a role-playing game. That character's joys and sorrows are temporary fictions. The real player(s) exist outside the game, dreaming. And they are all (ultimately) one, indivisible being.

Individual existence is like a droplet being cast up by the motion of the sea. That droplet rises, hangs suspended for a single eternal moment, separate and apart, a lone creation, lost in it's own fantasies of selfhood. Then it falls, and rejoins the ocean of consciousness, one complete being again, with only it's memories of having been something else.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2017, 1:59 am

I didn't feel like my life had meaning when I was depressed. I was depressed partly over a breakup. I feel like my life has meaning now because I'm very important to my current girlfriend. She feels like her life doesn't have meaning thou partly because she has depression & other mental & physical disabilities. She cant handle much & feels like she has to be more capable & independent to matter in today's society. Only the people with money matter & they are trying to take healthcare & other benefits away from disabled people like her & me(I'm disabled to) so she feels like the GOP wants her to die because they consider her a lazy leach sucking on the teat of the hard-working American taxpayer. I relate to that because I'm disabled too but I feel like my life has meaning because I love her & she loves me. I feel like I kinda get meaning out of trying to help & support her as best I can & I try to have fun when I can(my version of fun) & that's what matters to me. I wish she could feel the same way. I relate to what you said about social media friends not wanting to chat with you because almost none of my friends wanted to chat with me when I used MySpace. I don't use any social media now partly for that reason. You welcome to PM me if you'd like to chat with someone from this site & I'm sure there's other members here you could chat with too. You could try making a thread in the Social Skills section.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 6:02 am

I consider the collective good/bad pursuits one might choose to undertake in life will give it direction if not meaning, and that these choices are important and definitive. Personally I feel limited and undervalued. I have skills that are not being acknowledged while I struggle to maintain a basic level of function. I am currently experiencing a relapse into depression and that is obviously colouring my impression of life, or rather turning it back to grey scale. For what it's worth, I certainly want to believe my life has meaning; but this is a hard concept to grasp when experiencing vivid thoughts of committing suicide daily.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2017, 6:04 am

Their is only two principles I follow.

Pleasure and happiness is good, pain and suffering is bad. Everything we pursue must be to mitigate the latter in favor of the former, for us and the world around us. I think it gives me meaning.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2017, 10:10 pm

If you are alive, your life has a meaning.

I experienced isolation and was questioning life, like you. I think it's easier to see when you think of what you would leave behind if you ended your life - your family, a friend, a pet, or an obligation to fulfill.

does everyone's life has the same meaning or are they all different?

b/c quite frankly, i find it hard to imagine my "life" has any meaning. with the exception of a carbon footprint, i do not affect anything to any significant amount.

on the other hand, what is the point of affecting someone, if that someone's life is also meaningless.

and besides, some effects are good and some effects are bad.

some effects could be good in some ways and bad in others. for example, writing on Wrong Planet is good, in that it's releases pent up rage. and then it could also be bad, b/c of Internet dependence/addiction.

and then something could be good in the short term and bad in the long term.

and sometimes something could have effects that cant get noticed or measured.

and quite frankly, sometimes i feel like a lot of precious lil "people" act like their lives are so meaningful and important. and that they just have big egoes

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2017, 1:29 am

Some people's lives do have meaning. It may not be good, but it's there. I'm referring to people who are born in Muslim countries and are surrounded by factions like Al Qeada, ISIS, et. al. They have no choice but to join these groups otherwise they'll be beheaded in the street. Their lives, then, are dedicated to fighting infidels and nothing else.

I'm glad I'm not one of those people and I have choices. I don't think my life has a meaning; I just try to be as productive as I possibly can. Since the "normal" path (spouse, kids, house, boat, 401(k) plan, etc) has eluded me, the next best thing is just to create stories.

bewell
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Jul 2017, 9:22 am

Seriously, I came to the conclusion in the real life there is no meaning, just live your life and be happy for each day :heart: