Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:07 am

Catholic here, though I have many atheist colleagues in my workplace who yield an accomodationist attitude towards my world view, and in which I accordingly reciprocate.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:39 am

You rang?

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:27 am

Deltaville wrote:
Catholic here, though I have many atheist colleagues in my workplace who yield an accomodationist attitude towards my world view, and in which I accordingly reciprocate.

Most of us are fairly reasonable, but it's important to remember that being an self-righteous asshat isn't exclusive to the religious. The less tolerant atheists tend to be the kind of people who are prone to fanaticism no matter what ideology they subscribe to.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 6:58 am

adifferentname wrote:
Deltaville wrote:

Most of us are fairly reasonable, but it's important to remember that being an self-righteous asshat isn't exclusive to the religious. The less tolerant atheists tend to be the kind of people who are prone to fanaticism no matter what ideology they subscribe to.

I am an atheist and so many mainstream atheists make me ashamed.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:26 am

BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Deltaville wrote:

The shame is theirs. Many of them are ex-believers who have replaced their former religion with another quasi-religious ideology.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:08 pm

adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
Deltaville wrote:

The shame is theirs. Many of them are ex-believers who have replaced their former religion with another quasi-religious ideology.

Thanks, I have seen some crazy atheists.