Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 2:42 pm

I just wanna see if there's other users on here that are Atheist. I am and wanna see if other people share my views and points.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2017, 3:01 pm

Agnostic/Atheist here.

And don't tell me there's no such thing as an "agnostic atheist" LOL

Dione
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Mar 2017, 3:40 am

I'm an agnostic atheist. Good to know there are others like me.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 4:53 am

I am an atheist and have been so for about 5 months.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 9:03 am

I'm been an atheist since I knew the meaning of "atheist."

And before then, too.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 9:24 am

I'm not sure if I am an atheist, more likely a discordian :P , but close to being an athiest. I don't believe that there is some all knowing deity that created us and watches over us or sends us off to wherever when we die based on our relationship or lack thereof with that deity. Oddly enough, religions are one of my reoccurring interests. I happen to find them fascinating sometimes.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2017, 9:31 am

I personally don't like or believe in religion. I don't think god made us. We were actually made by sex. And when you die you don't to heaven or hell. You are just done with life.

Zombini
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Mar 2017, 8:59 pm

I'm an athiest and I find it ironic how most people that i personally know who call themselves Christians have less morals than I do. A lot of people in my family do drugs and commit crimes but they think it's all ok as long as they believe in Jesus. Yet somehow I'm the evil one that deserves to go to hell just because I don't believe.

Oh and for the record I'm not a patriot either.

beady
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 9:24 pm

I'm an agnostic. Beyond that, I tend towards being a theist. That might not be the most accurate description though. I believe that there is some kind of force/power/aliens that had something to do with this universe existing as it does. I don't believe in heaven or hell. I find it frustrating that people keep saying their loved one is in heaven when the bible says that won't happen until the second coming but I haven't read the bible cover to cover so maybe its in there somewhere. I don't believe that some all powerful being is granting wishes either as there is just too much evil in this world. I feel like we are pretty much on our own and with the way things are going, we are going to kill ourselves off anyway and no great loss there.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 9:35 pm

I've been an atheist since long before I knew what the term meant. I think monotheism is a gateway to atheism. Once you realize how silly it is to dismiss all but one god it's not hard to dismiss the exception as equally silly.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 10:09 pm

Zombini wrote:
Oh and for the record I'm not a patriot either.

Patriotism has been a trademark of the Republican party since 2003, it might as well be a religion.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2017, 10:31 pm

Agnostic, if there is a god me trying to comprehend god would be like a single cell trying to comprehend a full human

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 11:26 am

Yes I'm an atheist.

When I told my religious family they didn't react at all. They said people can only come to Christ by their own free will so they would not make me go to church if I didn't want to.

They didn't have me baptized when I came of age for the same reason. They believe baptism only counts if it's voluntary (their church does not practice infant baptism).

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 11:37 am

Agnostic Atheist for about 3 or 4 years. I love studying Evolution.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 1:22 pm

I think that to me it seems like a majority of the people on this thread are agnostic or atheist. I am Catholic so I think there are fewer on here who share my beliefs.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 2:26 pm

wowiexist wrote:
I think that to me it seems like a majority of the people on this thread are agnostic or atheist. I am Catholic so I think there are fewer on here who share my beliefs.

I am curious, give anything up for lent? I have friends giving up things like cookies and sweets. I will admit though not having lent is my favorite part about being an atheist, bedsides eating babies and the Skype calls with Satan. :lol: