Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2017, 9:04 am

Boxman108 wrote:
Moewth followed closely by Charizard and Magikarp.

Yay! Another Magikarp fan! :D

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2017, 9:24 am

my favorite pokemon was Primape

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2017, 2:50 pm

Lucario, Houndoom, Banette and Ivysaur. Too hard to choose just one.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

18 Aug 2017, 6:10 pm

Kind of a long list.

() = Reasoning behind them

Favorite Starter: Empoleon (Design and cool dual type)
Favorite Flying Type: Talonflame (Super fast in battle and Design)
Favorite Electric Type: Luxray (Design)
Favorite Bug Type: Scolipede (Has a wide variety of different pokemon moves by type in its move list by leveling)
Favorite Water Type (Not Starter): Dewgong (Interesting Dual typing)
Favorite Dark Type: Absol (Design)
Favorite Fire Type: Arcanine (Design)
Favorite Psychic Type: Bronzong (Design)
Favorite Ghost Type: Gengar (Design)
Favorite Ground Type: Sandslash (Has some rock type moves that is useful when you don't like rock-type Pokemon. Also Design.)
Favorite Ice Type: Never had a favorite as of yet.
Favorite Steel Type: Never had a favorite as of yet.
Favorite Poison Type: Crobat (Good moveset)
Favorite Dragon Type: Dragonite (Design)
Favorite Fairy Type: Never had a Favorite as of yet.
Favorite Fighting Type: Hariyama (Great Attack Stat, good move lists by Typing)
Favorite Normal Type: Raticate (I like to annoy my friend with it because of looks.)(Has Dark Type moves in its move set.)
Favorite Grass Type: Roserade (Design)
Favorite Rock Type: Never had a Favorite as of yet.
Favorite Legendary: Palkia (Dual Typing)
Favorite Overall: Piplup and its evolution line. (Cute design and cool dual typing when fully evolved.)

LaurenLissa
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Aug 2017, 11:59 am

Definitely Espeon!

I always thought Espeon was really majestic. And then, back when I played cards in elementary school, I won third place in a tournament and earned this card:
It sealed the favorite Pokemon deal.

Leahcar
Toucan
Toucan

17 Sep 2017, 11:48 am

Gengar is definitely my favourite Pokemon.
Its predecessor Haunter as a very close second.

Then again, I am a very big fan of Ghost Pokemon in general. ^^

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2017, 1:40 pm

Salamence is my favorite. Bagon is probably the Pokemon I am most like.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

SonicMisaki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2017, 7:44 am

I will be...taking a page from jikijiki, I guess.

Favorite Starter: Infernape (Warmed up to it - no pun intended!)
Favorite Flying Type: Skarmory
Favorite Electric Type: Lanturn (I actually wish Plusle and Minun got more love, too.)
Favorite Bug Type: Beedrill
Favorite Water Type: Lapras
Favorite Dark Type: Liepard
Favorite Fire Type: Salazzle
Favorite Psychic Type: Alakazam (I've become more drawn to this guy than to Mewtwo.)
Favorite Ghost Type: Mimikyu (I would put Alolan Marowak here, but it ain't happening for another reason.)
Favorite Ground Type: Dugtrio (Best Ground-type. Best revenge killer. Best trio of moles.)
Favorite Ice Type: Abomasnow
Favorite Steel Type: bruh look at dis dood hahahaahahahahaha
Favorite Poison Type: Muk (Alolan Muk for life!)
Favorite Dragon Type: Hydreigon (Actually kind of cool aside from the one Ghetsis has.)
Favorite Fairy Type: Sylveon (Close tie for Eeveelutions. This is a bit more offensively focused to me, whereas Umbreon, my other favorite, is a magna-cum-laude defensive wall.)
Favorite Fighting Type: Breloom
Favorite Normal Type: Null (This is NOT a joke. Now if only TN and its evolution excelled outside of Smogon's PU tier...)
Favorite Grass Type: Lilligant
Favorite Rock Type: Anorith
Favorite Legendary: Xerneas
Favorite Overall: Lapras (It started, I think, with these two Fossil hologram cards from the TCG, one of which is Japanese.)

KoalaKid1578
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2017, 6:24 pm

When I was a kid I had a soft spot for Magmar. I had to be the only one that actually like his overall design though. Though there are so many notable mentions! Gengar is a classic, Blastoise, Umbreon, Lugia, all have really awesome designs. Though I can only really remember from the first 2 generations. Beyond that, my memory gets pretty fuzzy :P

Ragnahawk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Oct 2017, 6:29 pm

Feraligator

I've migrated over to autismforums. PM me for anything, although I'm better contacted over at autismforums.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2017, 7:05 pm

Arcanine, always and forever.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 1:15 am

Probably the pokemon version of me.

Charizard.

Gengar has also been a fav who has stuck with me over the past 18 years.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2017, 3:13 am

Okay, quick Pokemon-related question: Has Nintendo mentioned anything whatsoever about a potential Switch version?

I've been wondering about this lately. I dont actually play the current versions very much, and the entire reason for that (pretty much the only reason) is that I cant constantly crane my neck down at the blasted 3DS when playing it. That's a recipe for major pain and/or a lockup, and too many painkillers. But the Switch can connect to my monitor. A big thank-you to Nintendo for THAT one. I'd actually be able to really jump fully into this instead of having to always do it in small bits at a time (hate that).

On the note of the topic here, I thought of a couple of other favorites: Forretress, which I may have spelled wrong, was always one I really liked. The idea of it was just cool, it had a neat design, and it worked well as a defensive floaty thing. And back when the ancient Gameboy versions came out, I took a particular liking to Venomoth too. Something about it really stuck out at me. Though of course the problem was that Venomoth was... not exactly very useful back then, since Poison types were just so easily wrecked in that version of the game (was hideously imbalanced, with Psychic types being nigh-unstoppable, and I dont mean Mewtwo). Heck, I remember even the Ghost types were easily smashed by Psychics, because all 3 ghosts were part Poison, and there was not much in the way of actual Ghost moves to use, so despite that they were supposed to counter Psychics, they... never did so. Same with Bug types (there were hardly any actual Bug moves, so they couldnt use that advantage). And Dark types didnt exist.

Really, it's amazing to look back on those and spot how terribly balanced they really were. But boy were they a good time. Lots of fond memories of the very first ones in the series.

Ugh, this is making me want to play some Pokemon, but I've had alot of pain lately, no way I could use the 3DS right now. Feh.

caffeinekid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Nov 2017, 7:38 pm

I've always liked Psyduck because he gets a raw deal from everyone around him, but he always does his best and just wants to fit in.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2017, 12:29 am

I don't play the games much, but as far as combat goes, I would always have a Butterfree or two in my team, and just blast everything with psychic moves. I've never been good at remembering which types are good against which types, so I'm sure I play the game in a very inefficient way, but psychic seems to work well against most.

As far as cuteness is concerned, I've always liked seagulls and raccoons, so I always make sure to keep an extra Wingull and Zigzagoon around who don't get evolved. I have a Wingull plushie that a friend got me.

Misery wrote:
I dont actually play the current versions very much, and the entire reason for that (pretty much the only reason) is that I cant constantly crane my neck down at the blasted 3DS when playing it. That's a recipe for major pain and/or a lockup, and too many painkillers.

I usually play in a reclined position. One of the main reasons I got rid of my XL was because if I didn't keep a good grip on it, that heavy thing would come down and smack me in the face.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2017, 2:01 am

The simple splat of menace that is GENGAR