Man arrested for antisemetic bomb threats around the country

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

03 Mar 2017, 2:33 pm

Quote:
A disgraced former reporter was arrested by the Federal Bureau of Investigation Friday for several bomb threats to Jewish Community Centers, Jewish schools and other Jewish organizations around the country.

Juan Thompson, 31, was arrested in St. Louis by the FBI for making at least eight bomb threats and the cyberstalking of an ex-girlfriend. Thompson was a former reporter for The Intercept, and was fired after it was discovered that he made up sources and stories, including one about Charleston shooter Dylann Roof.

The criminal complaint states that threats made to the Jewish establishments across the country by Thompson were under his name and the name of his ex-girlfriend, and occurred after the relationship ended. The threats were made by both email and phone calls.

Dozens of Jewish Community Center bomb threats have occurred throughout the country since President Donald Trump’s election, and liberal groups and politicians have attacked Trump for them. The president condemned the threats during his address to Congress, but he reportedly said earlier that day, “sometimes it’s the reverse, to make people — or to make others — look bad.”

Thompson’s Twitter account, which is referenced in the criminal complaint, espouses communist and anti-Trump beliefs. Several tweets from the Twitter account are mentioned in the criminal complaint.

The criminal complaint references a tweet from Thompson that said, “Know any good lawyers? Need to stop this nasty/racist [white girl] I dated who sent a bomb threat in my name & wants me to be raped in jail.”

“I’m been tormenting by an anti-semite named Francesca Rossi,” the account also tweeted. “She works for [Housing and Services inc]. She sent an antijewish bomb threat in my name. Help.”

Thompson also tweeted about the Jewish Community Center threats as recently as this past week. “Another week, another round of threats against Jewish ppl. In the middle of the day, you know who’s at a JCC? Kids. KIDS,” the former reporter wrote Monday.

He also tweeted, “[Trump] is not insane. That’s a slur against ppl who actually suffer w/mental health issues. He is simply a racist/sexist/capitalist monster.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/03/anti- ... b-threats/

and it's an anti-Trump communist Fake News reporter, can't make this up

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 3:21 pm

Yes making bomb threats is a good way to get yourself arrested asap, also sounds like whoever he worked for did the right thing and fired him when it was determined he was making stories up...meh either way certainly sounds like the sort of person who should be in jail as opposed to people who's only crime(federally that is) is smoking marijuana.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 4:01 pm

If it weren't for leftist hate crimes, there'd be almost no hate crimes at all.

There Are Four Lights!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 7:15 pm

This is pretty rich.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 8:34 pm

Obviously, the guy's an idiot. And probably crazy, too.

Whether he supports Trump or not is irrelevant.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2017, 7:09 am

There was a time in which you could figure out whether the shooter was on the left or right by a forensic analysis of the shots fired. Those on the right were much better shots. Their targets were usually maimed for life or killed. You didn't have to trust what anyone said. You could just examine the evidence.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2017, 10:28 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Obviously, the guy's an idiot. And probably crazy, too.

I agree with your first two sentences, not your third.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2017, 12:40 pm

If it weren't for fake hate crimes, there might be no hate crimes at all.

ISU professor arrested, accused of making up threats and attack
Booked into jail this afternoon; bond set at $10,000

Azhar Hussain, an assistant professor at ISU has been arrested on charges alleging he made false reports of anti-Islamic threats against him and even reported an attack authorities say did not happen.

Hussain, 56, faces a felony charge of obstruction of justice and a misdemeanor charge of harassment.... The university in a news release said Hussain, an assistant professor of aviation technology, has been suspended from teaching duties.

The charges stem from a series of emails that were received on campus containing anti-Muslim messages and threats of potential violence against members of the Muslim community, according to the university.

The first report of the emails occurred on March 8. The messages specifically mentioned Hussain as a target.

On March 24, Hussain reported an assault in the College of Technology in which he said he was attacked from behind as he was entering his office early that morning. He told police he was thrown to the floor.

He said he had not seen his attacker, and no words were spoken. ISU Police at the time said four people in the vicinity were unable to corroborate his story, saying they'd seen no suspicious activity or people....

“Based upon the investigation, it is our belief that Hussain was trying to gain sympathy by becoming a victim of anti-Muslim threats, which he had created himself,” said Joseph Newport, ISU's chief of police.

http://www.tribstar.com/news/isu-profes ... 8f652.html

There Are Four Lights!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Apr 2017, 12:49 pm

It's pretty disturbing all these college professors that are working as basically professional agitators, academia needs to purge all these useless idiots from campus and stop paying for degrees in Applied Marxism.

That guy in Berkeley who attacked a guy without warning with a heavy bike lock is a college professor too, a philosophy one that teaches ethics believe it or not. People like this our poisoning our youth, people like this are where SJWs and safe spaces come from.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 7:03 pm

Once again, if it weren't for fake hate crimes, there might be no hate crimes at all.

CONFIRMED: Racist note that prompted St. Olaf College shut down is hate-crime hoax

A note that used the n-word and threatened a black female student at St. Olaf College — sparking an intense protest that led to classes being shut down for a day as student demonstrators accused the school of institutional racism — “was not a genuine threat,” the school’s president said Wednesday.

President David Anderson said in an email to students that an investigation into the note identified a person of interest “who confessed to writing the note.”

“We’ve confirmed that this was not a genuine threat. We’re confident that there is no ongoing threat from this incident to individuals or the community as a whole,” he said.

In a second campuswide email sent later Wednesday, Anderson used stronger words to explain what happened: “The reason I said in my earlier note that this was not a genuine threat is that we learned from the author’s confession that the note was fabricated. It was apparently a strategy to draw attention to concerns about the campus climate.”

Anderson, citing federal student privacy laws, did not identify the person of interest nor use the term hate-crime hoax, but his announcements essentially confirm what some students have said privately to themselves ever since the chaos erupted at the rural Southern Minnesota campus earlier this month.

Around the same time Anderson made the announcement Wednesday, the black female student who initially told everyone she found the note on her car that used the n-word and threatened her announced on social media “I will be saying it was a hoax.”

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/32560/

There Are Four Lights!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 8:13 pm

Darmok wrote:
Once again, if it weren't for fake hate crimes, there might be no hate crimes at all.

CONFIRMED: Racist note that prompted St. Olaf College shut down is hate-crime hoax

A note that used the n-word and threatened a black female student at St. Olaf College — sparking an intense protest that led to classes being shut down for a day as student demonstrators accused the school of institutional racism — “was not a genuine threat,” the school’s president said Wednesday.

President David Anderson said in an email to students that an investigation into the note identified a person of interest “who confessed to writing the note.”

“We’ve confirmed that this was not a genuine threat. We’re confident that there is no ongoing threat from this incident to individuals or the community as a whole,” he said.

In a second campuswide email sent later Wednesday, Anderson used stronger words to explain what happened: “The reason I said in my earlier note that this was not a genuine threat is that we learned from the author’s confession that the note was fabricated. It was apparently a strategy to draw attention to concerns about the campus climate.”

Anderson, citing federal student privacy laws, did not identify the person of interest nor use the term hate-crime hoax, but his announcements essentially confirm what some students have said privately to themselves ever since the chaos erupted at the rural Southern Minnesota campus earlier this month.

Around the same time Anderson made the announcement Wednesday, the black female student who initially told everyone she found the note on her car that used the n-word and threatened her announced on social media “I will be saying it was a hoax.”

If I was a student and wanted to get out of taking a test all I would have do is write n****r on the wall of class where the test was bieng held.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 6:48 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Darmok wrote:

If I was a student and wanted to get out of taking a test all I would have do is write n****r on the wall of class where the test was bieng held.

Here's a detailed analysis and commentary on the St. Olaf College fake hate crime from a Cornell Law professor:

http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/05/th ... x-of-2017/

He includes discussion from another researcher who has studied the psychology of political correctness.

There Are Four Lights!

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2017, 4:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

It deserves to be said, that you can slap the alt-right label on anything with a pulse.

I read some of those forums, and catch the jq, with a wink and a nod toward Islam. Rightly or wrongly, maybe, the person has been emboldened.