Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 10:02 pm

Does anyone know what vitamins are the best?

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2017, 11:16 pm

I favor nutrient-rich foods and teas over nutritional supplements, although, if you are deficient in some vitamins, to the extent that there is an urgent need to supplement, or, if you have an illness that might be helped with the use of supplements, I believe vitamin supplementation can be quite effective.

It depends on which vitamins that you are, personally, in need of, or, could benefit from. Some people believe that taking a daily, multi-vitamin is beneficial to their health. You might be deficient in something, that the next person is too high in. An example/ for instance, some folks find taking Vitamin D-3 in conjunction with other remedies, to be effective for minimizing symptoms of depression, while others might be too high in vitamin D-3, and in turn, could suffer grave consequences from it's use. I think the best thing to do would be to find out, exactly which vitamins you might benefit from, and go from there. Use caution, however. Particularly, if you are taking medication(s) of any kind, as supplements can interact negatively, with certain medications.

Keigan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Mar 2017, 5:04 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
Does anyone know what vitamins are the best?

Best for what?

I've had my DNA sequenced and then taken the data for analysis. My DNA calls out brain chemical deficiencies based upon studies the other studies lead to vitamins and supplements that can help replace the brain chemicals.

For me:
- B12 through Focus Plus
- Methyl-Guard Plus
- Choline
- Super Omega-3 by LifeExtension

The results are amazing as my brain is clear and thought is calm and can be focused in any direction I desire. And without any side effects.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 12:43 am

I'd wager people's experiences with vitamins always differ according to what their bodies personally need/lack enough of. I've been hearing some disturbing things about taking vitamin A, though. I take B12 vitamins, the holy grail for all vegetarians/vegans and iron, as I've suffered with iron-deficiency type anaemia in the past.
I will have to be cutting back on certain other supplements I'm taking now though, as it's been decided I have to go back to my previously stopped medication and I don't want to experience Serotonin Syndrome which can at it's worst, kill.

NeilM
Toucan
Toucan

16 Mar 2017, 10:32 pm

A good place to start would be to simply get a multi-vitamin for your sex and stage in life, from your local grocery or drug store, and take it for a few months as see how you feel. If you still feel there are areas where you could improve, I recommend the book Let's Eat Right to Keep Fit by Adelle Davis. Its old (from the '70s) but the info in it is timeless. Whether you read it all or not, its good to have for reference as new things crop up in life. Of course, you can always google "natural remedies for whatever" but obviously there is a lot of fluff to be eliminated when doing online searches.

As an example, about ten years ago I concluded that I was tired of feeling tired all the time and whenever I would have my thyroid checked the results always came back within a few points of the low end of the range. When I pressed the matter with my doctor, he would say, "Its within the normal range" and refused to prescribe any medication. I took it upon myself to do some research and found that sea kelp would help a marginal thyroid. So I got some (from Puritans Pride (puritan.com)) and began to feel better within days of beginning to take it. After several months of taking one tablet a day, I upped it to two and felt even better. A year or two later, I stepped up to 3 per day and have been there ever since. My energy level is much better now.

AQ = 38 MBTI = ISTJ Gender = Non-binary
I strive not to perseverate. You can PM me for more info.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 11:41 pm

I take One A Day for women.