HELP PLEASE!! ! Needing Support

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Grace1
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Mar 2017, 2:02 am

Hi everyone, I have 11 month old identical twins. They are my everything, so precious. My husband and I conceived them after 4 long rounds of ivf.
From about 6 months of age I noticed gradual changes in my babies as far as looking in peoples eyes and at faces and showing greater interest in objects than people. I am also concerned that neither of my babies look when spoken to or repond to their names. They don't immitate anything, very little babbling, no gestures and they stiffen and can occasionally do unusual movement with their hands.
I live in New Zealand and there is a long waiting list for the paediatricians, regardless of repeated requests to be seen sooner I have been waiting 6 months already.
I feel hopeless as I am trying so much to engage more with my babies and I feel like as if I am fighting a losing battle as I feel my babies are becoming more withdrawn and it is heart breaking to see. I cry often and feel like I need some ideas of strategies to try with my babies because I feel like I am losing valuable time.
:heart: I know that all autistic people/children are different but if anyone has any strategies or ideas please, please let me know - I am crying out for help! Thanks in advance. :wink:

B19
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2017, 2:39 am

Please read the rules of Wrong Planet. You have created the same thread in two different forums - cross posting is against the rules. This thread is locked, you can continue in the other one in the General Forum.