Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Mar 2017, 12:07 am

Hi. I am back here after almost nine years. I was here briefly then. I thought I had Asperger's and I was trying to process what that meant. I still don't have an official diagnosis but I can identify with being "Aspie." I would like to connect with like-minded people. I just got tired of being misunderstood by people. I would like to find a similar sort of guy for a relationship. I posted in the "Eligible Odd Bods" thread. I don't want to be lonely! :heart:

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 8:54 am

Hello and welcome. c:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 5:03 pm

Welcome back to Wrong Planet! :D

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Mar 2017, 3:07 pm

Thanks. I definitely need to look more into Asperger's. I did. Nine years ago! Back then, I borrowed some books on the subject from my local library and I could even identify with one of the subsets: Aspie Rule Girl! Asperger's/Asperger's Personality definitely runs in my family. I was ahead of other relatives in being aware of it. Now even my cousin thinks her son has it and she agrees her dad, my uncle, and several other relatives have it.

creativesoul
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Mar 2017, 2:48 am

What should I do in terms of getting a diagnosis? I don't like doctors much. Was anyone able to get disability after getting a diagnosis? I am thinking an official diagnosis might help. I need an income so I can get away from my annoying, autistic smother! I can't imagine going back to work and I am procrastinating in terms of getting my books published. I could use my own place. I don't like living with relatives and i don't like roommates, either. At this stage in my life, I don't like putting up with annoying people. I have a no-nonsense attitude. In a way, I am becoming more Aspie again after years of trying to socialize and make friends and find romance. Now I could care less! Most people annoy me that much. Sometimes I call myself "Miss Misanthrope" affectionately.