Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 7:08 pm

What is, in your opinions, the saddest anime ever?

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 7:14 pm

The last time I saw this asked in a thread (different forums) the general consensus-agreement with that particular on-line community if I remember correctly was primarily a vote for the animé called : Wolf's Rain

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 7:16 pm

^I've seen it...or, at at least, most of the episodes. It was a little too depressing for my tastes [which is a really odd thing for me to say, since I've watched Clannad and AIR and frequently read the Claymore manga].

"A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel...As long as I'm with you, as long as you're by my side, I won't give up even if I'm scared." Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 9:34 pm

Heidi: Girl of the Alps and Nobody's boy Remi both have very depressing moments.

https://kissanime.io/Anime/Ie-Naki-Ko/Episode-022?id=9534

https://kissanime.io/Anime/Ie-Naki-Ko/Episode-026?id=9538

https://kissanime.io/Anime/Heidi-Girl-of-the-Alps/Episode-018?id=38306

There is also A dog in Flanders; I have yet to go through any of the anime series, but I have seen the anime movie.

https://kissanime.io/Anime/Flanders-no-Inu-Movie-Sub/EtB?id=83386

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2017, 9:54 pm

Off the top of my head the ones that come to mind as the saddest is Clannad After Story, and Grave of the Fireflies. I did watch this fairly early in my anime viewing, so I can't ignore that there is a chance I might not recognise something sadder, so a more recent I think of as very sad would be Plastic Memories.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2017, 11:34 am

Ah! Grave of The Fireflies. The movie I never want to watch because it would leave me a depressed mess.

[I skipped Episodes 16 and 21 of Clannad After Story. I couldn't bear to watch them, for the same reason.]

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:35 pm

Ano hi mita hana no namae wo bokutachi wa mada shiranai

It's not sad-sad. It's happy-sad. Kinda like Clannad.

Kuraudo7777
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 4:48 pm

^I watched that, too. I liked it a lot.