Page 1 of 16 [ 243 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 11:30 am

Yesterday (as of the time of the posting of this thread) it was the international women's day. A step forward for feminism, a step backwards for equality.

Why then, is there no international day for men? Well I tell you why; because creating such a day would be considered misogynistic by today's standards.

I may identify here as a woman (though I was planning on changing that to genderfluid due to recent changes in my life) but I will speak on behalf of men regardless:

We men have little rights.

We are nothing more than tyranical demons to the eyes of the regressive, far left-wing feminist.

Should women cause injustice upon us we men have no choice but to remain quiet, for we would risk ruining our lives and careers, because if we dare speak against them, all they would have to do is call us "misogynistic" and the rest is taken care of by law enforcement.

feminism no longer stands for the equality of genders, rather it is more of a concern of power, and only power.

Is equality even a real concern for an average feminist?

-Thomas Jefferson

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 11:42 am

Actually International Men's Day is a thing. November 19th.

I do agree with you on the whole feminism thing, though. Chances are I'd dare call myself a feminist if it meant actual gender equality instead of the female superiority crap that third-wave feminists are trying to shove down our throats.

The_Blonde_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
Actually International Men's Day is a thing. November 19th.

Woah really!? I didn't even know!

Then again it doesn't surprise me considering how much attention the mainstream media has given to these extremist 3rd wave feminist. And when November 19th, the actual day dedicated to the respect of men, is almost completely ignored by the media, nost likely because they are afraid of said 3rd wave feminists.

-Thomas Jefferson

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

09 Mar 2017, 3:47 pm

Why is there a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, but no Children's Day?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 3:51 pm

The Japanese celebrate a Children's day on May 5th. When I was a kid they celebrated separate boys and girls days.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 4:08 pm

I think the larger point is to address progress from gender specific oppression towards women which has certainly existed, even if it has gotten better. I myself treated it like any other day...but I think a lot of people who took more recognition of the day had good intentions. I am sure there were probably plenty of people who took it as an opportunity to demonize males in general and express more us. vs them attitudes as well; but I still wouldn't go as far as saying an international womens day is necessarily a step backwards from equality.

I would have no issue with an international day for men, though not sure what the over-all idea would be...perhaps fighting negative male stereotypes and gender role pressure that they experience but there hasn't really been a system in place that denied them rights like to vote, or having less freedom outside the home than males so it likely couldn't be progress in gaining equal rights. But yeah I don't think it would be misogynistic unless it was like to counter international womens day, but having it in addition wouldn't be. Some people might think that but there are a lot of people who wouldn't and probably plenty who wouldn't care either way.

Also chill with the fear mongering emotional appeal...yes there are extremists within feminism that don't care much about equality and more about some kind of vengeance towards males and outright oppression, but I don't think that describes them all. I myself don't really consider myself to be a feminist because I can't get around a gender specific term being used to describe a goal of gender equality. But no need to cry the sky is falling over it, and make it out like the genders ought to be at war. There are problems that should be addressed in it, but I don't think males are going to be losing their rights in mass any time soon. I don't think there would be enough support from women in general to do that.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 7:04 pm

I get it, ALL feminists are nothing but ugly fat man-hating lesbians. :roll:

There's a Black History Month but not a White History Month. There are Gay Pride parades but no Hetero Pride parades. But I don't whine or moan or even care about how they're implying that all white people are racist and all straight people are homophobic. So I'd like the whining and moaning about why it's wrong for women to have a national day in a world where many are still being raped, murdered, abused, harassed, forced into polygamous marriage and getting their genitals sewn shut to stop.

WP is so hostile towards females, even autistic ones. It needs to stop. :x

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 7:17 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I get it, ALL feminists are nothing but ugly fat man-hating lesbians. :roll:

There's a Black History Month but not a White History Month. There are Gay Pride parades but no Hetero Pride parades. But I don't whine or moan or even care about how they're implying that all white people are racist and all straight people are homophobic. So I'd like the whining and moaning about why it's wrong for women to have a national day in a world where many are still being raped, murdered, abused, harassed, forced into polygamous marriage and getting their genitals sewn shut to stop.

WP is so hostile towards females, even autistic ones. It needs to stop. :x

I've observed this behaviour. As for the feminist thing, no but as long as the media continues to represent them as such, people will think so.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 7:21 pm

I really don't think WP is hostile towards females at all.

It's more a matter of a few worms spoiling the big apple.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 7:23 pm

I could care less if there was a men's day or a white history month. These celebrations are as shallow as valentine's day. Upward mobility is a much bigger problem which has affected a larger demographic for some time and it's not going to be resolved by some parade.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 8:17 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I think the larger point is to address progress from gender specific oppression towards women which has certainly existed, even if it has gotten better. I myself treated it like any other day...but I think a lot of people who took more recognition of the day had good intentions. I am sure there were probably plenty of people who took it as an opportunity to demonize males in general and express more us. vs them attitudes as well; but I still wouldn't go as far as saying an international womens day is necessarily a step backwards from equality.

I would have no issue with an international day for men, though not sure what the over-all idea would be...perhaps fighting negative male stereotypes and gender role pressure that they experience but there hasn't really been a system in place that denied them rights like to vote, or having less freedom outside the home than males so it likely couldn't be progress in gaining equal rights. But yeah I don't think it would be misogynistic unless it was like to counter international womens day, but having it in addition wouldn't be. Some people might think that but there are a lot of people who wouldn't and probably plenty who wouldn't care either way.

Also chill with the fear mongering emotional appeal...yes there are extremists within feminism that don't care much about equality and more about some kind of vengeance towards males and outright oppression, but I don't think that describes them all. I myself don't really consider myself to be a feminist because I can't get around a gender specific term being used to describe a goal of gender equality. But no need to cry the sky is falling over it, and make it out like the genders ought to be at war. There are problems that should be addressed in it, but I don't think males are going to be losing their rights in mass any time soon. I don't think there would be enough support from women in general to do that.

What about lack of support for male domestic violence victims, paternity fraud, criminal justice system, suicide rate, workplace death rate, less college education?

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 8:53 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
What about lack of support for male domestic violence victims, paternity fraud, criminal justice system, suicide rate, workplace death rate, less college education?

There are a lot of women who fall through the cracks on this too. It's one thing if you're attractive, sociable, or fameous; those people usually get the support they need. Until we have truly objective people running things, we'll see a lot of one-sided outcomes no matter what kinds of laws we come up with.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 9:02 pm

MDD123 wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

There are a lot of women who fall through the cracks on this too. It's one thing if you're attractive, sociable, or fameous; those people usually get the support they need. Until we have truly objective people running things, we'll see a lot of one-sided outcomes no matter what kinds of laws we come up with.

But it is easier in a lot of ways for men to fall in through the cracks and people bringing up the problem get labeled as terrible people. I am not an an MRA and feel they are to much like feminists, but have seen countless MRA rallies being canceled because of feminists. Remember in Canada when the even had to be canceled because a feminist canceled the fire alarm? It wasn't one person there was a whole crowd there. Anyone know who Anita Sarkeseen is?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 9:42 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

What do you mean what about it? I never suggested those aren't actual issues...I just don't see anything particularly wrong with having a womens day, doesn't really matter to me one way or another to me. Though I am not sure on the less college education haven't heard of that before. Also not entirely sure what exactly you mean in regards to the criminal justice system...there isn't much support in general for people dealing with the criminal justice system.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 10:25 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Why is there a Mother's Day and a Father's Day, but no Children's Day?

june 1.....?

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2017, 11:23 pm

The_Blonde_Alien wrote:
Yesterday (as of the time of the posting of this thread) it was the international women's day. A step forward for feminism, a step backwards for equality.

Why then, is there no international day for men? Well I tell you why; because creating such a day would be considered misogynistic by today's standards.

I may identify here as a woman (though I was planning on changing that to genderfluid due to recent changes in my life) but I will speak on behalf of men regardless:

We men have little rights.

We are nothing more than tyranical demons to the eyes of the regressive, far left-wing feminist.

Should women cause injustice upon us we men have no choice but to remain quiet, for we would risk ruining our lives and careers, because if we dare speak against them, all they would have to do is call us "misogynistic" and the rest is taken care of by law enforcement.

feminism no longer stands for the equality of genders, rather it is more of a concern of power, and only power.

Is equality even a real concern for an average feminist?

Your gender says "Female"

Could it be that perhaps you are not compatible with that ascribed to the male role in society, and feel you would be more compatible with a female designation?

Last edited by Chronos on 09 Mar 2017, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.