Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

toukasz
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Mar 2017, 7:31 pm

Recently I've been interviewed by some teacher, who was the head of 'mental wellbeing' or something from a different school, to talk about thoughts and feelings on their school and whether or not I am considering to go there.
I struggled quite a bit and there was a lot of long quiet pauses between each question.
For example, I did not how to answer questions like "How are you?", "What do you think about this school?" and "What are your feelings on ...". So I usually asked her "What do you mean by *teacher's question*?", and she seemed to act surprised by it, like if the question was straight forward.
I always seem to have trouble find the "right words", even though I know how I feel.

Does anybody else experiences similar situations to this, or is it just me?
If you do, how to you manage to answer these kind of questions, without constantly stumbling over words? :?

---
Note that I am not diagnosed with ASD, I'm hopefully going to get one soon, so far what I've researched about this through personal analysis, the likelihood of me having ASD is quite high.

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 8:33 pm

I can relate to that, I often don't understand simple questions and ask what they mean and I never know what to say when people ask about my hobbies.

Although I do fun stuff every now and then I just like watching TV and surfing the web lol

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 9:55 pm

I'm 22, and am still struggling with communication.

For some reason being ignorant and being arrogant go well together, and that a rebellious attitude is not a pleasant thing to have around other people.