Thinking of quitting my job and just never leaving my house.

Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 1:39 pm

BTDT wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Dating should just be listing your likes, hobbies and personality, and trying to find someone similar, income and job shouldn't have any part of dating. Real love isn't about money at all. I honed wonder, if those women actually love their bfs. Men's they required them to make x amount of money. If they didn't they wouldn't date them. True Love is unconditional. That lady who dates a unemployed guy living with his parents. That's love, she with him for his Personality and interests. Things that make us who we are.

Good point, you are looking for personality and interests. Most guys are looking for beautiful women aged 20 to 25.
What you might do is to start asking women who get ignored by most guys. In person, as opposed to on the Internet.

Well to be honest I do find those women attractive and wouldn't be against dating them. But the bit fat average women are beautiful I think. I'm more about faces. As long as their not too big body wise. I would prefer a 20-25 old woman though. I'm probably more like an 18-19 old guy personality wise.

But again how would you know they ignored by most guys? I've had fat women reject me a lot too. And I can't ask women out in person, takes me months. Took me a year to ask the girl at work out. Yet I can message women online usually after day or so and ask them out after week or so of chatting.

I don't even look at women in public I try to look away. I use to but then I'd get nasty looks from few. Clearly they know I'm worthless and don't like me even looking their way :( so I've just been avoiding looking at any woman if she's facing my way. Hurts my neck probably from looking down a lot. I use to in high school, but I'd worked my way up to looking forward for the most part til this year. And when I see women al, the thoughts about how I'm worthless and not good enough to even talk to or look at them come and I want to cry

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 3:09 pm

sly279 wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I'm the type of person that will never be happy alone. Just as there are people who are happiest alone and live in the wilderness away from any other human. Or people who prefer to be alone with their work or books then interact with humans. There are those who need human interaction and relationships. Why is that so hard for people to understand. Just as you can't reprogram someone who's gay to like the opposite sex you can't reprogram someone way to happines.

I feel awful after years of women telling me I'm not a man cause I make mIn wage.

Small things in others?

But it does feel like a transaction. Dating is to much like looking for s job and interviewing now. With women listing the requirements to have the honor of messaging them then guys having to message them s resume basically to get an inter(date).

Dating should just be listing your likes, hobbies and personality, and trying to find someone similar, income and job shouldn't have any part of dating. Real love isn't about money at all. I honed wonder, if those women actually love their bfs. Men's they required them to make x amount of money. If they didn't they wouldn't date them. True Love is unconditional. That lady who dates a unemployed guy living with his parents. That's love, she with him for his Personality and interests. Things that make us who we are.

I see these same women want guys to like them for who they are. Its hypocrisy.

I don't like myself. I'm a failure. If I wasnt I'd have a gf who loved me.
I dont know what to do. Death is the only escape for me it seems. I'll never be happy alone. And cause I'm a failure I'll always be alone. I did everything right. I went to college, graduated on the presidents list. If I want born wrong. I'd likely joined the military and have a family by now like most my friends did. But aspies aren't allowed to serv.

No woman will date me it seems. I haven't been on a date in years. And I've never had a second date.

I'm happier at home. Can't go anywhere without seeing women and making me feel depressed knownthey so much better then me. Most people don't get it. Suppose those who do already took their escape.

I'm just crying now. The happiest I've every been we're those few dates or times I spent romantically with women. I'm tired of seeing others have relationships and being told I'm not good enough not a real man.

you have an issue with woman and I really recommend start seeing woman as individuals and not this broad category that mean people who deny you your supposed right to love from them and are solely interest in money.

I don't deny such woman exist, and I don't deny man who join this kind of transaction exist. But spreading this as a every/majority woman issue is unfair. And this mentality will just keep good woman far from you, because you are whining like you were entitled to their love but they don't love you because a totally unconnected reason.

Also this image that all/most of woman don't have relationship issues is plain wrong. But, well, maybe the woman who have it isn't ~good enough~ so you don't even consider it. Like the "good enough" woman don't consider you. At the end of the day, you do the same thing you criticize and then you're alone.

If you can't live alone, you don't need to. But if you keep with this mentality, you end up alone or in this sort of transaction-like relationship.

If you actively read women's profiles and dating ads you'd understand. It is the majority of women on there who list those things. Never said every. Also I won't deny most men prefer thin women and likely wouldn't date non thin women. But that doesn't effect me. So if the majority of womnpen here do as I say and you don't it doesn't effect you. People are individuals but there's also group think. Trends happen, it's why nearly everyone liked Nike all at once in the 1990s until the next trend happen. It seems you trying to pain indicuala as having no similar beliefs of any other human. Would you deny that most men prefer thin women? There's things that most people agree with , it's why as humans we form groups. If we were true individuals we'd never form groups cause we'd have too much difference. Let me put it this way out 1700 of 2000 women list those requirements. Wouldn't you say that's a majority? Mean we live in a day where 51% is called a majority.

On top of that I'm ugly. Some women who don't list job demand a man own a big truck and be a country boy. Which is whatever except the ones who say if you don't you not a man. Others only want a fit man, understand for if they go out and do activists.

So what do I do? Do I just ignore that they say if you don't have a good job, car, and home don't message me, and message them?

Though I don't expect much from you now as you're just another woman who is like, this guys lonely want wants love, he's just an entitled jerk,
Well I could say those women feel entitled to mans income. It's their right to not date me, but I can call them superficial all I want.
Just as it's people's right to be rude as*holes to others, but we can still call them out on it. If the main concern for a man you date is his income it's superficial. Like wise for men who's main concern for women is her body.

See you go assumeing. 1. How would you tell if a woman isn't "good enough"? 2. I've tried asking out women in similar shape and economic situations but they've always rejected me for my income. Like the last lady I messaged. She dropped out of college had no job and lived with her parents.

Unless I'm misunderstood must have decen job, car and own place. Or have your life together.

I'd really appreciate actual help. Could we meet half way? Maybe say half the women here are that way. Cause there's no way given the numbers it's just a few.

Also I'll admit I do reject some women. I won't date women with kids. I can't provide for them which she'll surely realize and reject me anyways, but also I'm not sure I want kids but I know I want want to be a step dad to 3-4 5+ year olds or teenagers. Quite a bit of women my age have multiple kids and an ex who's still around. I don't want that drama. My life is stressful enough. I feel sorry about it and I hope they find someone though I know it'll be a struggle. My mom never found someone. Most men don't want to date women with kids. In that regards I'm part of the group think. Two of my friends married women with kids. They also have good jobs to support them though. I think it's cool they did.

My best chance was with 18-25 old women but next year I'll be 30 even at 29 it seems inappropriate to date someone 10 years younger is it not? And why would they want to date someone older. Even stil a lot of them are going to college and making something of their life while I'm just a failure who'll work at this store forever or until they fire me after my I raise gets too high.

I'm ugly simi fat,tall, working mIn wage part time riding the bus. Would you date a guy like me?

English isn't my first language and I feel very hard to express myself, if I had sounded harsh I'm really sorry because I didn't meant to. I just wanted to say that you – and a lot of man – criticize woman doing something and end up doing the same thing, and nobody is happy after all.

We keep feeding this complaints that woman just care about money, that man just care about a hot body but we fail at the individuals. Yes, this trends can exist at society, and they seem to look to apply to majority but it happens in different levels so I don't think the reality is that bad. Anyway, you just want one girl so I think it's possible to find someone who is nice and don't care only about your income – but if you keep focusing so much on this general trends, you risk miss this person.

I didn't get much the age thing. Although the thing with having kids is comprehensive.

You should start doing something from your life, so? You're not a failure, you maybe have a underpaid and non-exciting job but you can be more than this. Don't you have a hobby? Maybe you should learn something new, that will make you happier and even can make you more interesting. It doesn't need to fit any stereotype of attractive stuff – there is a lot of people trying this already, so go for something seems interesting for you.

I'm just saying this stuff as someone who doesn't have my stuff together. I only had one "relationship" in my whole life, that was really problematic because the guy didn't love me although I was in love. I'm not much conventionally attractive, I can be a bit boring, I have difficult connecting to people and I'm also with difficulties in regular life (I drop out college too many times) and I know things are hard and I also feel bad that I don't have someone who loves me. I feel sad because I think things would be easier if I had someone and I'm wish to have a family and I really like the whole thing of working in a relationship.

Would I date a guy like you? Well, I don't know. I don't know what kind of person you're, but nothing that you said about you is exactly something that would made me not date you. What are the nice things about you?

This guy I love he is way far from a conventional successful/attractive person. When we met I didn't found he particularly beautiful (it changed after), he doesn't have a stable income, he doesn't have his life figured out (and he is 30). But he was a kind person, he could talk for hours about some subject he likes and he is so passionate about it that is beautiful to hear and there is a lot of small details about his personality that made me fall in love. I remember the first time I thought I loved him as when he was putting his scarf on :D he do it in such a cool way, with a very slow rhythm and with such care that is beautiful, it's part of a bigger thing that make me love him. It didn't work, but I'm happy that we met and I'm glad with the time we spent together. I'm sad I don't anyone now, and I know it's hard to get to know someone, to engage in a relationship... but I don't think that being bitter about the opposite gender helps.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 4:05 pm

As I see it, online dating doesn't work for you because women are too picky and you have transportation issues.

If you ask them in person it much less likely that transportation will be an issue. You are more likely encounter women who would like to date, but don't feel they would be successful. Or had had issues in the past. I think a lot of good matches for you won't be found on dating sites. You may also want to consider older women as well. Developing a good personality can take a lot of time.

But, as the previous poster pointed out, taking some time out to get rid of the anger and build up some confidence is a good idea. Anger is a big turn off. Confidence is a big turn on. Spend some time with a Special Interest to build some confidence.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 5:55 pm

BTDT wrote:
As I see it, online dating doesn't work for you because women are too picky and you have transportation issues.

If you ask them in person it much less likely that transportation will be an issue. You are more likely encounter women who would like to date, but don't feel they would be successful. Or had had issues in the past. I think a lot of good matches for you won't be found on dating sites. You may also want to consider older women as well. Developing a good personality can take a lot of time.

But, as the previous poster pointed out, taking some time out to get rid of the anger and build up some confidence is a good idea. Anger is a big turn off. Confidence is a big turn on. Spend some time with a Special Interest to build some confidence.

I haven't dated in like 6 years so I'd say that's a enough time off. As for confidence I realize it's the end All for women but reality lot of guys will never have never have confidence with women. I'm one. To get confidence would require good experience with women i.e. Dates and or relationships.
Confidence is just good past experiences.
People who e only had bad or no experiences in something won't be confident.

That's all I've been doing all my lif and it's not enough :(

NorthWind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 8:05 am

ltcvnzl wrote:

You should start doing something from your life, so? You're not a failure, you maybe have a underpaid and non-exciting job but you can be more than this. Don't you have a hobby? Maybe you should learn something new, that will make you happier and even can make you more interesting. It doesn't need to fit any stereotype of attractive stuff – there is a lot of people trying this already, so go for something seems interesting for you.

^ I think this is good advice. It's already good advice for its own because focusing on something positive will make you less miserable but it might also be good advice for dating because it'd give you some interesting things you can say about yourself (again it doesn't need to be any stereotypical attractive stuff) and some things you are more confident about than about your job.

sly279 wrote:
I haven't dated in like 6 years so I'd say that's a enough time off. As for confidence I realize it's the end All for women but reality lot of guys will never have never have confidence with women. I'm one. To get confidence would require good experience with women i.e. Dates and or relationships.

It'd already be positive if you could get more confident about anything. Not all women mind if a man is shy or nervous around them at first but if you have a completely negative opinion about yourself and don't have any self confidence at all more women will mind - because it can get stressful or tedious to constantly be around a person you constantly have to reassure.
Look, the truth is, by far not everything about you is negative. You have strengths and weak-points like anybody else. Self-confidence isn't about being perfect. It's about being aware of both your strong and your weak sides and about being fine with it and accepting about yourself (but it doesn't contradict trying to change anything about yourself if there's anything you want to improve).

Also, I don't know what it is that prevents you from trying to find dates in the real world - a lack of confidence, social phobia, sensory issues, a small social circle or anything else.
Either way, I think if you could overcome this problem somehow dating might get easier for you.
Online dating gives people the opportunity to be particularly shallow. They can make lists of requirements for a potential partner and stick to them because no emotion is involved in the initial selection - it's just not easy to feel anything about strangers on the internet, not like it is with people you get to know in real life.
A lot of women who have these lists of requirements end up with men who do not meet most of their requirements - because she fell in love with him and suddenly her list didn't matter any more. However, this happens more likely the more natural the process of getting to know each other is and online dating just isn't very good for that.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 8:16 am

Aspies typically show confidence when talking about their special interests.

I know way too much about photography, for instance.

Six years without a date suggests that on line dating isn't working for you, no matter how "easy" or convenient it is.

You aren't the only one whose emotional age doesn't match your chronological age. You may be better off with someone older who is emotionally young. Maybe not. But that is the problem with online dating. Someone looks at something totally irrelevant to personality and interest and immediately decides "no way" ! !!

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 9:41 am

BTDT wrote:
Aspies typically show confidence when talking about their special interests.

I know way too much about photography, for instance.

Six years without a date suggests that on line dating isn't working for you, no matter how "easy" or convenient it is.

You aren't the only one whose emotional age doesn't match your chronological age. You may be better off with someone older who is emotionally young. Maybe not. But that is the problem with online dating. Someone looks at something totally irrelevant to personality and interest and immediately decides "no way" ! ! !

So actually I guess it's been 3-4 years not 6.

I don't message women anymore. Took from 16-22 to be able to message women on dating sites. But since 25/26 I've taken a bashing so now I don't feel good enough for any woman.

But it got 6-8 dates from when I was 24/25
Vs 0 dates ever from in person.
I simply hardly can even talk to women in person non less ask them out and that was before I've been told I'm worthless and no woman will ever date me.

Commadore1
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Mar 2017, 5:36 pm

You can be ugly as hell (not saying you are lol) and clean up s**t for a living, but taking pride in yourself and having confidence (which was hard to gain (for me)) and an over all good attitude can do more than you think.

Its all about your outlook, trust me on that, but try to work towards or apply for a job you enjoy!

(I actually have a buddy that cleans septic tanks for a living for 10 dollars an hour, and he is oddly good with women).

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 2:19 am

We live in a capitalist world. It's not surprising that we tend to value people based on their income. We can't change this and have to adapt, unfortunately.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:56 am

ltcvnzl wrote:

English isn't my first language and I feel very hard to express myself, if I had sounded harsh I'm really sorry because I didn't meant to. I just wanted to say that you – and a lot of man – criticize woman doing something and end up doing the same thing, and nobody is happy after all.

We keep feeding this complaints that woman just care about money, that man just care about a hot body but we fail at the individuals. Yes, this trends can exist at society, and they seem to look to apply to majority but it happens in different levels so I don't think the reality is that bad. Anyway, you just want one girl so I think it's possible to find someone who is nice and don't care only about your income – but if you keep focusing so much on this general trends, you risk miss this person.

I didn't get much the age thing. Although the thing with having kids is comprehensive.

I'm just saying this stuff as someone who doesn't have my stuff together. I only had one "relationship" in my whole life, that was really problematic because the guy didn't love me although I was in love. I'm not much conventionally attractive, I can be a bit boring, I have difficult connecting to people and I'm also with difficulties in regular life (I drop out college too many times) and I know things are hard and I also feel bad that I don't have someone who loves me. I feel sad because I think things would be easier if I had someone and I'm wish to have a family and I really like the whole thing of working in a relationship.

Would I date a guy like you? Well, I don't know. I don't know what kind of person you're, but nothing that you said about you is exactly something that would made me not date you. What are the nice things about you?

This guy I love he is way far from a conventional successful/attractive person. When we met I didn't found he particularly beautiful (it changed after), he doesn't have a stable income, he doesn't have his life figured out (and he is 30). But he was a kind person, he could talk for hours about some subject he likes and he is so passionate about it that is beautiful to hear and there is a lot of small details about his personality that made me fall in love. I remember the first time I thought I loved him as when he was putting his scarf on :D he do it in such a cool way, with a very slow rhythm and with such care that is beautiful, it's part of a bigger thing that make me love him. It didn't work, but I'm happy that we met and I'm glad with the time we spent together. I'm sad I don't anyone now, and I know it's hard to get to know someone, to engage in a relationship... but I don't think that being bitter about the opposite gender helps.

Well I never said they only care about a guys income, just that it seems to be one of if not that top reason to reject someone for a lot of women. A lot men likewise do place priority on a woman's body. That's however changing with groups pushing for curvy women to be seen as ok. There's no organization pushing to rid society of a idea dating back to the 1800s that of s guys worth being his money and ability to provide.i wish there was but feminism doesn't tend to support male issues and there's no real menism group. Possible but improbable . Most profiles or ads want the guy to have his life together (good job, car, and place) ill likely never have a car again it's impractical for me with my income. I dont know how to find that one girl if she's around, she may just never leave her house. I'm scared to even message the ones who don't list those requirements but have similarities to the others or who I find attractive.

I have few hobbies, video games, shaving and watching tv. It's all I can do anymore with a low income and no car. When I was in college I use to go airsofting and shooting with friends(who I don't have anymore since losing car)
Not anything to learn here that doesn't cost money. I'd have to go to the local college and pay out of pocket $500-1500 per term. We don't have much of social stuff outside of clubs/bar, movie theaters and bowling/mingolf. Not like Portland which has a lot of stuff. Including dating gathering and speed dating. I'm happy with my remaining hobbies but their not enough to make my life happy while being alone.

Sorry the guy didn't love you.

I dont know anymore. I'm nice, caring, romantic, playful, kinda childish in naive way. I can someone cook. I do my own laundry. I try to help people a lot. I'm not very violent, I try to avoid killing bugs/insects or any life(something that's seen as a negative by lot of people) I can either be or do funny things that make people laughs
I like sci-fi or action most but enjoy most other stuff. But I suppose some would call me a nerd or geek.

I'm passionate about guns, history and shaving. I know a lot of rather useless information. I enjoy learning about it. I try not to be bitter but it's a fight I'm losing, the things they say and them seeing me as worthless makes me upset. Gives me zero motivation to keep going. People usually need to know stuff might get better to keep pushing. As it it won't ever get better for me. I lack the education, experience, or social skills to obtain better work. I was very super lucky to get this job, and barely able to keep it due to my social issues. A lot of women here have admitted it's unlikely most women would date a unemployed guy on government aid. They want someone who'll contribute equally or more then them. Something I'd never be able to do. Nor can I go on vacations. I'd settle for camping or the coast once a year. I miss going to my uncles cabin, listening to the ocean. I only exist for my few hobbies which in my belief is a stupid pointless existence. When I die there be no one to care. When others die their kids and grandkids will remember and morn them. Half the days I honestly don't know why I bother. The people I play with all have wife/gf and life's, I have no life.never had and probably never will. Nothing to look forward to no light at the end of this crappy darkness.

Atleat with a gf I'd have someone I'd mean something to, someone to look forward to seeing at the end of s stressful day of work. Nothing for me but crying myself to sleep in my empty bed :(
Bunch of people on here similarly to me who's situation never changed and now their in there later years. I see lots of old lonely people. So it happens enough. Not everyone gets to be happy or have love. Especially given some guys have few romantic ladies and other guys have 12+ wife's.

If I could just have love even if it only last s few months. Least then I'd have something, heck lot of 17 have had more relationships then me.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:20 am

sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:
You got the job to get the girl.

But step 2 isn't asking everyone out, it is learning to do the job well so girls will want to
be with you.

If you got really good at your job you would have more confidence and that would make you
more attractive.

Lucky for you retail has a high turnover. There will be more girls to ask out.

I'm as good as anyone can be at my job. I'm like the 2nd longest employee in the department. Most people transfer out or quit after few weeks or months of working in it.

But the problem is women don't consider retail a job it's for kids they say. So they don't even allow me to talk to them. Even ones working retail or some other minnwage job.

Most the girls that have worked here are married or in relationships or see themselves as too good for me. Usually just there while in college or to earn extra money and discounts while their bf/husband works a real job.

I am going to be a postdoctoral research in a few years, and honestly, if you view a part time job as a stepping stone, then there should be no reason why you could not improve in your overall career status. It takes some time, and it differs among individuals, but ultimately, if you have a life or career goal in mind, you'll reach it in no time.

"Don't forget to floss." - Darkwing Duck

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:22 am

NorthWind wrote:
ltcvnzl wrote:

^ I think this is good advice. It's already good advice for its own because focusing on something positive will make you less miserable but it might also be good advice for dating because it'd give you some interesting things you can say about yourself (again it doesn't need to be any stereotypical attractive stuff) and some things you are more confident about than about your job.

sly279 wrote:

It'd already be positive if you could get more confident about anything. Not all women mind if a man is shy or nervous around them at first but if you have a completely negative opinion about yourself and don't have any self confidence at all more women will mind - because it can get stressful or tedious to constantly be around a person you constantly have to reassure.
Look, the truth is, by far not everything about you is negative. You have strengths and weak-points like anybody else. Self-confidence isn't about being perfect. It's about being aware of both your strong and your weak sides and about being fine with it and accepting about yourself (but it doesn't contradict trying to change anything about yourself if there's anything you want to improve).

Also, I don't know what it is that prevents you from trying to find dates in the real world - a lack of confidence, social phobia, sensory issues, a small social circle or anything else.
Either way, I think if you could overcome this problem somehow dating might get easier for you.
Online dating gives people the opportunity to be particularly shallow. They can make lists of requirements for a potential partner and stick to them because no emotion is involved in the initial selection - it's just not easy to feel anything about strangers on the internet, not like it is with people you get to know in real life.
A lot of women who have these lists of requirements end up with men who do not meet most of their requirements - because she fell in love with him and suddenly her list didn't matter any more. However, this happens more likely the more natural the process of getting to know each other is and online dating just isn't very good for that.

I'm not into mainstream stuff. I hat sports. I hate large gatherings of people. Guys who play video games are seen as no life losers. I've seen women say such guys need to grow up and stop being childish. Guns, well this area is mostly liberal and most women here hate guns, the ones who don't are far right and country girls who see people like me as theives stealing from their income via taxes. Their words not mine. I'm not confident with women, I feel I do good job at my job. Management doesn't though a lot of that relates to being aspie. None of that helps me if I can't ever get s date which is where all that shows. Back when I did date women thought I was confident , guess cause I'm silly and make them laugh while talking a lot. I dont know. I felt(don't know if I still do) that if women just gave me a chance they'd like me. But now i dont know I'm kinda afraid to go on a date. What if we have nothing to say. It doesn't feel I had much in common with the lady from work after overhearing her with another lady.

Again I'm confident about guns, video games, shaving and kinda history. I have experience in those areas, hence confidence. I have very little experience with dating women, all of it negative. I imagine if I'd had a relationship like most people did in high school I'd be mor confident much like they are with dating women. Add to that I'm shy, anxious, have social issues and hard time reading non verbal ques, equal no confidence with women, but if you want to talk about synthetic vs boar brushes or about wether glock is better then an m&p im all confident and talkable.
I'd sooner go to combat then try to pick a girl up in a club. And pretty sure I'd die in combat. :D

Lack of information. Are they single,married, in a relationship, do they like me, do they think I'm ugly, what do they like, what do we talk about, how to i tslkmto them. I'd prefer to be straight up "hi I like you want to date" however suppose to play the game and do social obstacles first. As stated I'm shy and suffer from social anxiety ammonst regular anxiety. I freak out when trying to talk to women, took me a year to ask the lady at work out.

Online dating I known their single, I know their hobbies and interests, I don't have to worry about being utter humiliated in front of all my coworkers and. Wing the laughing stock of the whole store. I feel much more comfortable with text based communication. Which allows me to be more open with them on a date, hence coming across confident. Usually by the time we have a dat I already feel like I know them. Vs being that attractive strange girl at work. Also online dating they usually showed interest by responding to my message or liking my profile. Where as the girl in public doesn't, and could just as likely slap me and be upset Ugly worthless me had the balls to talk to them.
Mean I've had women get mad at me for talking to them as just friends or coworkers talk.

So it's a lot of stress approaching or talking to women in public. Plus it's been pointed out here tons of times women just want to be left alone when outside their house. Seems clubs/bars is the only acceptable place to approach women, I hat large gatherings, loud music and don't drink.
So I'm really unsure where I'd go to try to ask women out. Any idea? So I do dating site. But. It im too afraid to message women any more. My only interaction being few who message me only to realize despite it being on my profile that I work min wage or lose interest. Or the very few I get breve enough to message on Craigslist.
Since atleat there, they don't have pretty pictures to intimidate me. I avoid the ones who say they thin though. Don't stand s chance with a thin attractive women right?

Wish they'd out their requirements first though, sucks reading a profile in detail from top to bottom only to see at the bottom they'll only date someone with their life together

Shouodmi just message them anyways? :cry:

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:32 am

Deltaville wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

But step 2 isn't asking everyone out, it is learning to do the job well so girls will want to
be with you.

If you got really good at your job you would have more confidence and that would make you
more attractive.

I'm as good as anyone can be at my job. I'm like the 2nd longest employee in the department. Most people transfer out or quit after few weeks or months of working in it.

But the problem is women don't consider retail a job it's for kids they say. So they don't even allow me to talk to them. Even ones working retail or some other minnwage job.

Most the girls that have worked here are married or in relationships or see themselves as too good for me. Usually just there while in college or to earn extra money and discounts while their bf/husband works a real job.

I am going to be a postdoctoral research in a few years, and honestly, if you view a part time job as a stepping stone, then there should be no reason why you could not improve in your overall career status. It takes some time, and it differs among individuals, but ultimately, if you have a life or career goal in mind, you'll reach it in no time.

I dont view it as a stepping stone, lots of people work their whole lives in min wage jobs.
Everyone can't become bosses, there's only so much room to advance up a company with fewer and fewer positions higher you go. I work in the clearance department. Which lottery gives me no experience for even transferring to another department as I found out. Heck I have two years cashier experience and they wouldn't hire me to cashier.
As stated I can't to go college again to get degree to go to another field. I went I tried doing a few fields. I got s degre but can't work in the field and I've forgotten 80% of what I learned. I don't anymore, I wanted to be military, or cop, but I can't, no aspies allowed. They take bipolar people though. So I wanted to be a teacher but I'm not smart enough, so I tried to be a mchanic. Failed at that. Some kind of organizational office job or production packaging job would been. Best for me. My goal is to work here rest of my life or as long as they'll keep me. I'm happy just to get work after 10 years of trying to find steady work.

Why can't that just be good enough? Why not just work a min wage job and try to enjoy life then spend it constantly trying to climb the career ladder? I see people who have no time to do their hobbies cause of their jobs, unlike me they exist solely to make their boss money. My fiend often works 18+ hour shifts. Doesn't seem worth it in my eyes.

I don't have any goals anymore, I failed at them all. Barely got this job.somi focus on just trying to keep it. Which is hard enough and stressful, so what does s guy who can hardly work a 20 hour week retail sales job do next? So many say retails easy kids job.:(

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:38 am

sly279 wrote:
Deltaville wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BTDT wrote:

be with you.

more attractive.

I dont view it as a stepping stone, lots of people work their whole lives in min wage jobs.
Everyone can't become bosses, there's only so much room to advance up a company with fewer and fewer positions higher you go. I work in the clearance department. Which lottery gives me no experience for even transferring to another department as I found out. Heck I have two years cashier experience and they wouldn't hire me to cashier.
As stated I can't to go college again to get degree to go to another field. I went I tried doing a few fields. I got s degre but can't work in the field and I've forgotten 80% of what I learned. I don't anymore, I wanted to be military, or cop, but I can't, no aspies allowed. They take bipolar people though. So I wanted to be a teacher but I'm not smart enough, so I tried to be a mchanic. Failed at that. Some kind of organizational office job or production packaging job would been. Best for me. My goal is to work here rest of my life or as long as they'll keep me. I'm happy just to get work after 10 years of trying to find steady work.

Why can't that just be good enough? Why not just work a min wage job and try to enjoy life then spend it constantly trying to climb the career ladder? I see people who have no time to do their hobbies cause of their jobs, unlike me they exist solely to make their boss money. My fiend often works 18+ hour shifts. Doesn't seem worth it in my eyes.

I don't have any goals anymore, I failed at them all. Barely got this job.somi focus on just trying to keep it. Which is hard enough and stressful, so what does s guy who can hardly work a 20 hour week retail sales job do next? So many say retails easy kids job.:(

Surely you don't deny that you can still advance academically? Many Ms.C and MA programs do not require a specific prerequisite for Bachelor's degrees. Incidentally, many folks have received graduate degrees in programs in which their original Bachelors degrees have little to no relevance. Look for a program that interests you, see if they don't require a specific BA/Bs.C and apply for it.

That is how I got my career: working for a Ph.D, teaching as a grad student, research, and still managing to get a family of a wife and a just born baby boy.

Trust me, it is the most expedient way for aspies to get a track in life. And I am sure, you can do likewise. There is no need for despair. Honestly, for me, the only real remaining tasks are to quit smoking and finish my doctorate to secure a faculty position.

Deltaville
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:43 am

Oh I forgot, nice to talk to you again Sly.

- Sebastian

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:46 am

The Unleasher wrote:
Do girls really only care about a guy's status? I'm inexperienced when it comes to this, so I do not know. This is not a good idea. Get involved in life before it's too late.

No. But it helps to be able to at least support yourself, or have goals and ambitions you are working towards.