Thinking of quitting my job and just never leaving my house.

Page 4 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:05 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe not a bad idea for Sly. Train to become a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant).

If in a union, they can make like $15/HR.

Sometimes, if a member of a union, the union will pay for CNA's to become LPNs/RN's.

1. I don't touch people not even my own family. 2. I can't afford to go to nursing school it cost a lot here. I worked at the college book store. The books alone were a few thousand dollars then the program cost like 10 thousand or so. 3. I'm not smart enough for medical stuff.

Costco pays $15 an hour without the need of an expensive degree. So does security. I'm currently paid $10.25 an hour. Which will go up .50 a year.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:26 am

Go for Costco, then.

I understand the part about not wanting to touch people.

Some unions offer complete tuition reimbursement, but they don't pay for books. You can get textbooks for relatively cheaper over the Internet.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 6:21 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Go for Costco, then.

I understand the part about not wanting to touch people.

Some unions offer complete tuition reimbursement, but they don't pay for books. You can get textbooks for relatively cheaper over the Internet.

I tried but people don't quit Costco often and when a spot opens it's super competitive

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 8:04 pm

sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
^ You're right 314pe
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I hardly leave except for work. But being out and about seeing women just depressed me a lot. Job was suppose to help me meet a girl but it's not considered a real job by women so doesn't help. At least at home I can distract myself with games and sleep for 12 hours. :cry:
Just get a better job. Girls definitely judge us guys by the quality of our jobs.

Try applying for jobs in some of the larger cities. If they call you back, take a daytrip for the interview. If you get the job, you'll have enough money to move there. Then you'll be suurouunded by a larger population of girls.
That's like telling someone in a wheel chair to just walk. I'm lucky to gotten this job. I'd have to get a job that pays $40 an hour to be good enough whic is impossible.
I don't get paid that much except when I'm on time and a half. Do girls really expect you to earn $40 per hour?
I'd have to since I can only work part time. So it'd have to pay twice the 22ish an hour full time to equal the same income

Mind you the medium combined house income is $19/ hour so it would seem most people wouldn't make $20+ an hour no?
Trust me, there's no such thing as a part time $40 per hour job. You'd have to work full time and then get promoted to a $40 per hour position which would also be full time (or maybe more, some of those highly professional jobs are 12 hour days + 8 hours on the weekend).

Maybe you should just work full time or even do some overtime so you can have enough money to attract women. That goes double if you plan on having kids, raising kids costs $250,000 per child and women are keenly aware of this, which is why the ladies prefer gents who work full time.
I know that they don't exist. I can't handle working full time so my point was that in order to make the income women require I'd have to be paid $40 an hour.
If your plan to get a girlfriend is dependent on something that doesn't exist then you'll never get a girlfriend. You need to come up with a realistic plan Sly.
sly279 wrote:
1. I don't touch people not even my own family.
Then why try to get a girlfriend? Girls love being touched, both sexually and non-sexually, if you refuse to touch her, you're going to hurt her feelings.
sly279 wrote:
I'm currently paid $10.25 an hour. Which will go up .50 a year.
You're lucky. My wage hasn't gone up since I started at the beginning of 2015.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 2:15 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
^ You're right 314pe
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I hardly leave except for work. But being out and about seeing women just depressed me a lot. Job was suppose to help me meet a girl but it's not considered a real job by women so doesn't help. At least at home I can distract myself with games and sleep for 12 hours. :cry:
Just get a better job. Girls definitely judge us guys by the quality of our jobs.

Try applying for jobs in some of the larger cities. If they call you back, take a daytrip for the interview. If you get the job, you'll have enough money to move there. Then you'll be suurouunded by a larger population of girls.
That's like telling someone in a wheel chair to just walk. I'm lucky to gotten this job. I'd have to get a job that pays $40 an hour to be good enough whic is impossible.
I don't get paid that much except when I'm on time and a half. Do girls really expect you to earn $40 per hour?
I'd have to since I can only work part time. So it'd have to pay twice the 22ish an hour full time to equal the same income

Mind you the medium combined house income is $19/ hour so it would seem most people wouldn't make $20+ an hour no?
Trust me, there's no such thing as a part time $40 per hour job. You'd have to work full time and then get promoted to a $40 per hour position which would also be full time (or maybe more, some of those highly professional jobs are 12 hour days + 8 hours on the weekend).

Maybe you should just work full time or even do some overtime so you can have enough money to attract women. That goes double if you plan on having kids, raising kids costs $250,000 per child and women are keenly aware of this, which is why the ladies prefer gents who work full time.
I know that they don't exist. I can't handle working full time so my point was that in order to make the income women require I'd have to be paid $40 an hour.
If your plan to get a girlfriend is dependent on something that doesn't exist then you'll never get a girlfriend. You need to come up with a realistic plan Sly.
sly279 wrote:
1. I don't touch people not even my own family.
Then why try to get a girlfriend? Girls love being touched, both sexually and non-sexually, if you refuse to touch her, you're going to hurt her feelings.
sly279 wrote:
I'm currently paid $10.25 an hour. Which will go up .50 a year.
You're lucky. My wage hasn't gone up since I started at the beginning of 2015.

You're missing the point. Most Women here require a guy make $22+ an hour aka a decent job. In order for someone to make that part time they'd have to be paid $44+ an hour. My point being that since I can only work part time I'll never make the required income.

I love being touched and touching a romantic partner, just don't want to be touched by anyone else. A lot of aspies are similarly selective with being touched. Big difference between a gf/ wife touching and that of a stranger. Especially given I'm bit germaphobic

No it's a state min wage increase. They wanted to increase it to $15 an hour. But settled for a gradual increase over time. They also divided the state into 3 zones with a varying increase and end wage.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 3:09 am

Oh. That's too bad.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 9:03 am

What do I do :(

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 4:12 am

I don't know.

reyisautistic
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Apr 2017, 11:56 pm

sly279 wrote:
But the problem is women don't consider retail a job it's for kids they say. So they don't even allow me to talk to them. Even ones working retail or some other minnwage job.

For what it's worth, and speaking as a woman, I see retail as a job. People who don't are just arrogant or superficial.

Please don't feel bad about this.

infj / scorpio

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 11:08 pm

reyisautistic wrote:
sly279 wrote:
But the problem is women don't consider retail a job it's for kids they say. So they don't even allow me to talk to them. Even ones working retail or some other minnwage job.

For what it's worth, and speaking as a woman, I see retail as a job. People who don't are just arrogant or superficial.

Please don't feel bad about this.

It's a struggle not to feel inferior or worthless. I feel ashamed of my job and life.
I go in and work as hard as I can.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 10:28 pm

"Is it though? Mean if min wage is seen as same as no job, is it really better? It often adds lot of stress I've had more acne since the last 6 months. Before the job I'd almost gotten rid of it. Seems like one only matters as a man if one has a middle class income job.

For me besides find By a gf who loves me for me and is fine with never being middle class i dont think anything will make it better. Actually to the point where if the death was quick I don't think I'd care if I died.

The whole if someone robs your dont resist, it's not worth your life. Has got me thinking. My life is worthless and pointless. So I think I might Just reisist. Or getting hit by a car wouldn't be so bad. Spent my life avoiding risks cause I thought I'd have a life. But I don't and if it's meaningless why bother trying to stay alive. Not to the point of trying to take my lif yet but just not caring if I died least then I'd be free. And nonlong be a burden to everyone"

who sees minimum wage as the same as no job? the only jobs that i have ever worked at have been minimum wage. and i have had no job for a long time. especially after the recession, allegedly, each job listing gets plenty of applicants. including minimum wage jobs. likewise there are plenty of people that only have job skills that will get them minimum wage jobs. and plenty of people earn minimum wage. certainly, some people that earn minimum wage or are unemployed, have boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses? maybe what you are trying to say is that someone rejected you when you asked someone out on a date, but you imagine that someone might have accepted, if everything else were the same and you had a higher paying job. that could be correct. after all, when you live in a capitalistic society, you can't just ignore $$ altogether. unless of course you already earned, inherited, won, found, or otherwise acquired enough $$ to live off of.

get a psychologist, psychiatrist. maybe go on meds

but do not tell a mandated reporter that "getting hit by a car wouldn't be so bad". they will send you to 5150.

ha. one licensed clinical social worker asked how i was and i answered "depressed". the arrogant condesending nut job had the nerve to ask a mandated reporter question. but clinical depression is a diagnosis, and i disclosed it in writing, to her, a priori. :twisted: some of those mandated reporter idiots deserve to get fired and get their academic degrees revoked.

last year, saw someone get hit by a car. a pedestrian. afterward, he could still walk and talked. he remained calm too.

quite frankly, i could not imagine the legal and financial nightmare implications for the driver that crashed into the pedestrian. civil lawsuit. going to jail. drivers license revoked. getting subpoenaed to court.

and the pedestrian must've had to talk to 911, interact with the doctor, interact with a lawyer. some sources claim that that type of event takes months to get rid of. wait for it to blow over. the pedestrian needs a lot of expensive medical and psychological treatment for a long time.

"My life is worthless and pointless."
b/c you work at a minimum wage retail job, part time? b/c you do not have a date? plenty of people have no jobs and no dates. does that make their lives worthless?

plenty of people earn more than minimum wage. plenty of people are married. big deal. does that make their lives worthwhile and meaningful?

"And nonlong be a burden to everyone"
you are not a burden to everyone. besides, everyone is a burden to someone, at some times, in some ways.

likewise, in your defense. however, you are to be commended, actually. in that you are morally responsible enough to feel guilty and consider someone else's perspective. that. indeed. you might be a burden to someone, in some way. in some time.

anyways, half of marriages end in divorce.

so if you invite someone on a date, and they reject you. fine. you can invite someone else on a date. if you want. if you do not want to invite someone on a date, fine. being single does not make you "less than".

and besides, what's so great about dating someone anyways? it's just an emotional rollercoaster.

but surely, there have to be ways that you could improve your life, and keep your job and marital status.

for instance, you could eat better, exercise, seek more social interaction, come up with new job skills, go back to school, take up meditation, join political groups, do volunteer work.

:jester: