First Post & New Here - Going to College

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Aky
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2017, 3:24 am

Hi,

First post and new here... Undertaking college for the second time at 34yrs old trying to find a career.
College has changed a lot since I last attended. My current life is so stressful at the moment. I'm studying in another province far away from home and supports. Some days I get so anxious and stressed out that I have to leave class or go home to unwind with deep pressure therapy. I'm just happy to live off campus in a private rented suite, away from all the chaos that is college life to have some solitude :roll: !

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 4:26 am

Welcome to WP. :D

And good luck with college, as unhelpful as that might sound.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 4:41 am

willkommen.

34 isn't old...i like to call "mature". i have yet to experience them on my own of course---i've read those years are much more stable than the 20s, if all goes well that might be the case for you, if all gets sorted out. it has only been just under 2 years since i graduated high school, and 5.5 since starting...already i have noticed some changed there. i shudder to think how much more it will change by the time i'm in my 30s, but if all goes well that part of my life will be thoroughly buried and behind me.

hopefully you have healthy ways to deal with stress, because having to leave class to unwind might present some academic problems further down the road. that won't be helpful.

curious as to what's meany by "deep pressure therapy".

solitude is bliss....take care.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 5:38 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D