Page 14 of 21 [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

21 Mar 2017, 4:27 am

mr_bigmouth_502 wrote:
If you shot a goose with that thing, you'd have nothing left. Not even scraps. XD

Also, how the crap did he upload a 60fps video in 2011? :O
Nah dude, it just tenderizes the meat. You need to give the meat a good pounding.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 11:12 am

Raptor wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Raptor wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
snip snippy snip

Quote:
The day anyone tries to ban guns in America is the day you'll really have something to cry about, that will turn bloody

REALLY? :D

Do you have a plan? Do you know of someone who has a plan? Will this be a sneak media attack?

The fact is most (I was going to say all but stopped myself) of the gun owners I know would not think of bloody (your word) rebellion or revolution. If it was the Left that imposed the restrictions (who else?) then Trump types would be screaming all types of dire threats (you're not one of them are you?) that would mean nothing.

The fact is, if there is no organized revolution then your choice is to bushwhack innocent people...pretty ugly and certainly not going to help retain gun ownership rights. And I know you're not part of this group. The reality is that choices are few.

Actually I think the gun owners will do the same thing I did in Chicago during the riots after Martin Luther King's assassination. At the time it was illegal for any civilian to carry in Chicago...it just wasn't allowed. My job required me to work frequently in riot prone areas, so I (and everyone in the same situation who I was familiar with) just stuck a gun in my pocket and kept my mouth shut. I don't think anyone was arrested for this during the period after the riots.

Let's say w're talking about a nation-wide gun ban. Won't happen but I think that's what was implied by Mr_Miner.
Has the war on drugs been bloodless? There are more gun owners than dopers so I think we can safely multiply whatever blood has been spilled on account of the war on drugs a few times at least.

I have no intention of living on constant fear of the cops swooping down on me over my guns which will not be surrendered. I have that "I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees" mindset and I probably have a lot of company.
A hard line will have to be drawn somwhere...

This
"The day anyone tries to ban guns in America is the day you'll really have something to cry about, that will turn bloody"
sounds like you're suggesting, through the word "tries", that there will be a resistance to an attempt to banning guns which may even lead to death ("die on my feet"...)..NO?

1st: It was Dox that said that, not me, but I'm of the same opinion on this matter.
2nd: There aint gonna be no gun ban in the foreseeable future. If there was it would be by type (e.g. those scary black semi-auto rifles and carbines wrongly labeled assault rifles, handguns, .50 caliber rifles, etc). The political climate now isn't right for any kind of ban, no matter how badly some people and thier politicians want one.

Quote:
As I said, this path leads only to killing innocent people. This is because you only espouse individual action...so bushwhacking is what we call it. There is no legitimate resistance to cause bloody resistance, only whiners.
Please be clear about what your'e talking about. I'm not into solving puzzles.
What innocent people and who's going to be killing them? If such a thing does turn bloody it's likely that the government's minions will be the ones spilling blood first then any armed reaction to that will be their fault for starting it. If you stick your dick in a hornet's nest expect to have the $hit stung out of it.

As I said before, I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees and I do mean that. Take that to mean whatever you want and if you'd rather live on your knees that's fine too because I'm sure the new world will need serfs and slaves to bow and scrape while they're not tilling the fields...

1st: It was Dox that said that, not me, but I'm of the same opinion on this matter.
2nd: There aint gonna be no gun ban in the foreseeable future. If there was it would be by type (e.g. those scary black semi-auto rifles and carbines wrongly labeled assault rifles, handguns, .50 caliber rifles, etc). The political climate now isn't right for any kind of ban, no matter how badly some people and thier politicians want one.

Quote:

As I said, this path leads only to killing innocent people. This is because you only espouse individual action...so bushwhacking is what we call it. There is no legitimate resistance to cause bloody resistance, only whiners.
What innocent people and who's going to be killing them? If such a thing does turn bloody it's likely that the government's minions will be the ones spilling blood first then any armed reaction to that will be their fault for starting it. If you stick your dick in a hornet's nest expect to have the $hit stung out of it.

As I said before, I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees and I do mean that. Take that to mean whatever you want and if you'd rather live on your knees that's fine too because I'm sure the new world will need serfs and slaves to bow and scrape while they're not tilling the fields...

I'll try to be clearer. If there is resistance to taking guns it has to be done in a certain number of ways. 1.People might just whine about their condition. or 2. they might form together in groups to whine. These groups can be political (which if funded properly might do something good) or you could have groups of whiners that are called "para-military" and whose intent is to used armed force when necessary....these are the people who are rightfully hunted down and destroyed....WHY?

A group of people may form to oppose the government of the United States...this is our law. If these citizens also believe in bloody rebellion (which is not a protected right) they can bring this about in two basic ways: They can form a group which claims sovereignty and opposes the present government and forms a citizen's army to possibly ally with others (China, Russia, Mexico ??????) and who oppose the present government in a declared and formal manner.

And then you have people who oppose the present government but not in any organized, formal way. Their "plan" is to steal guns and ammunition if possible and to take any aggressive action fate presents. This is what we have on our hands in the U.S. today and what I'm speaking of...sorry to make it a puzzle for you.

But this is exactly what we have: Someone who will take a shot at an innocent guard (or etc.) and killing this person from cover in the sneakiest, most un-American way possible. So you don't have to get on your knees? What inflammatory BS. Please rethink this attitude and your choices and what they exactly mean. I've seen your ability for reasoned thinking come up with the correct answer in the past.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 11:31 am

jrjones9933 wrote:
SNIP
What should I do? Bare my soul? Reveal a bunch of personally identifiable information to a group of hostile people with exceedingly vivid imaginations? Don't take me for as dumb as I look.

We are not hostile. We love you just as much as you love us.
We want you to grow with us....that's why we're all here; help us,
don't fight, be open. We don't care who you are or what you have or have not done.
Some subjects just seem to cause sparks.
Got my CCW up to date last week :D (almost $150.00 :( ).

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 5:17 pm

Raptor wrote:

As I said, this path leads only to killing innocent people. This is because you only espouse individual action...so bushwhacking is what we call it. There is no legitimate resistance to cause bloody resistance, only whiners.[/quote]

Raptor wrote:

ZenDen wrote:
I'll try to be clearer. If there is resistance to taking guns it has to be done in a certain number of ways. 1.People might just whine about their condition. or 2. they might form together in groups to whine. These groups can be political (which if funded properly might do something good) or you could have groups of whiners that are called "para-military" and whose intent is to used armed force when necessary....these are the people who are rightfully hunted down and destroyed....WHY?

A group of people may form to oppose the government of the United States...this is our law. If these citizens also believe in bloody rebellion (which is not a protected right) they can bring this about in two basic ways: They can form a group which claims sovereignty and opposes the present government and forms a citizen's army to possibly ally with others (China, Russia, Mexico ??????) and who oppose the present government in a declared and formal manner.

And then you have people who oppose the present government but not in any organized, formal way. Their "plan" is to steal guns and ammunition if possible and to take any aggressive action fate presents. This is what we have on our hands in the U.S. today and what I'm speaking of...sorry to make it a puzzle for you.

But this is exactly what we have: Someone who will take a shot at an innocent guard (or etc.) and killing this person from cover in the sneakiest, most un-American way possible. So you don't have to get on your knees? What inflammatory BS. Please rethink this attitude and your choices and what they exactly mean. I've seen your ability for reasoned thinking come up with the correct answer in the past.

If it became a rebellion it would most likely be the government's hired guns that trigger it with scenarios similar to what they did at Waco in 1993 and Ruby Ridge the year before that. There is a point where civil obedience gets pushed to the breaking point and ignites widespread civil disobedience. The nation is probably considerably less stable now than in the early 90's and won't change much in the foreseeable future. This creates a climate where the dick in the hornet's nest scenario I mentioned in my last post becomes more plausible.

If my preference of dying on my feet rather than live on my knees is inflammatory BS then so be it because I am what I am.

What about shooting an innocent guard? Who is this guard and what is he guarding? Attacking from cover is common in warfare and has been for a few centuries in America and where American troops have been involved. What's your real American method, an old west style gunfight on the street with both parties drawing and firing Colt SAA's at each other?

Btw; please start using the quote tools. Makes things much tidier and easier to read.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 5:49 pm

Raptor wrote:
If it became a rebellion it would most likely be the government's hired guns that trigger it with scenarios similar to what they did at Waco in 1993 and Ruby Ridge the year before that. There is a point where civil obedience gets pushed to the breaking point and ignites widespread civil disobedience. The nation is probably considerably less stable now than in the early 90's and won't change much in the foreseeable future. This creates a climate where the dick in the hornet's nest scenario I mentioned in my last post becomes more plausible.

If my preference of dying on my feet rather than live on my knees is inflammatory BS then so be it because I am what I am.
nice job tacitly rebranding domestic terrorists as 'rebels' :roll: I can see why you've got the new avatar, you've clearly gone fullbore on defending the indefensible.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 6:36 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Raptor wrote:
"My grampa has hunted every game animal on every continent and has fought and died heroically in every battle...

LOLOLOL TOO funny----LOVE it!!

It reminds me of a local law firm commercial: "If you or a loved one has been injured or died, because of medical malpractice, call us at 1-877-ambulance-chaser..." LOL I guess cell-phone signals can transmit from 6-feet-under, now----GOOD to know!! LOL

Naw, I meant this simpletons who swear that their daddy, granddaddy, or uncle is an SME on everything because they were in some war, or a particular branch of service, or a cop, etc. Even as a veteran and warmonger myself listening to this can become rather annoying after so many times.

When I have RO duty I sometimes get requests for help from some shooters who arent shooting as well as they'd like to. As long as things aren't too hectic I'm happy to help. When I assess them and tell them step by step what they are doing wrong some actually have actually told me that this is how their old man or grandfather (or whoever thier hero is) taught them and they aren't about to change because it MUST be right. Usually I just shrug and move on. You can't help those not willing to be helped so whatev...

But there was this one time...
I had a guy that was shooting his M-1 Garand from the bench and supporting the gas cylinder on bare wooden blocks. Other technique issues, too, but that was the most glaring to me and his groups were all over the place on paper. He asked me if he was doing anything wrong to get crappy groups and I said probably so but first to rest that rifle by the forend, not the gas cylinder, on something softer if he was going to be shooting it from the bench. Get me on a roll and I can get all pedantic over gun related stuff.

He said his grandpa told him it was okay to rest that rifle that way. I told him it wasn't okay and went on to talk about the effects of vibration. He then told me that his grandpa had to have known what he was talking about because he was a Marine. I have a lot of respect for the USMC but come on already. :roll:

Enough was enough; I was already feeling impatient from other things on the firing line that day and a little meanness was seeping out.
I sighed and rolled my eyes.
"Yes, I'm sure your old grandpappy was a Marine and fought gallantly and died heroically in every single battle from Bunker Hill (1775) to Fallujah (2004), but he still doesn't know jack $hit about rifles and the vibrations that rifles experience from the shock of being fired", I said. My tone was dripping with mocking condescension and my whole demeanor intentionally stunk of aggressive disrespect.

Boy did he turn RED. He packed up his rifle and other $hit and stormed out of there. He threw up a nice roostertail when he punched his old Camaro taking off out of there, too.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 6:40 pm

Fugu wrote:
Raptor wrote:

nice job tacitly rebranding domestic terrorists as 'rebels' :roll: I can see why you've got the new avatar, you've clearly gone fullbore on defending the indefensible.

No, there's still some bore left but I'll fill it out before the fat lady sings.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 12:53 am

Raptor wrote:
Boy did he turn RED. He packed up his rifle and other $hit and stormed out of there. He threw up a nice roostertail when he punched his old Camaro taking off out of there, too.

I had a few of those in school with gun function stuff; I made an enemy of an instructor there because he marked me down for not documenting the condition of the gas port on a Benellli shotgun that is inertia operated and doesn't have one, and I thought he was going to tear the paper with his pen making the correction. The guy simply would not admit that he was mistaken, and his TA who obviously knew he was wrong (going by the look on his face anyway) wouldn't intervene, so I ended up drawing an audience as I broke the gun down and demonstrated the action and lack of a gas port in a way that he couldn't dispute. Probably would have done it differently now, I wasn't diagnosed at the time and didn't yet realize how little being correct actually matters to most people.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 12:57 am

Dox47 wrote:
didn't yet realize how little being correct actually matters to most people.

Not to change the subject, but that's one of the stories of my life.

There Are Four Lights!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 12:58 am

I'm going to add, that at least for me personally, having the option to shoot people who annoy me helps me not take the annoyance too seriously, it's very Zen that way.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 12:59 am

Darmok wrote:
Not to change the subject, but that's one of the stories of my life.

Yeah, I still haven't fully internalized it, it's something I have to work at remembering and acting in accordance with.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 10:52 am

Quote:

What about shooting an innocent guard? Who is this guard and what is he guarding? Attacking from cover is common in warfare and has been for a few centuries in America and where American troops have been involved. What's your real American method, an old west style gunfight on the street with both parties drawing and firing Colt SAA's at each other?

Btw; please start using the quote tools. Makes things much tidier and easier to read.

Quote:
What about shooting an innocent guard? Who is this guard and what is he guarding?

His name is Joe Brisson, you don't know him but he lives 2 blocks from you. His two little girls are the ones playing out in front all the time. He's had a hard time finding a job so this is what lead him to enlisting in the National Guard.

The warehouse he guards is full of food supplies and a recent shipment of AR type weapons. Tomorrow, Thursday, he was supposed to take some "leave time" to take the kids roller skating after school. And you'll attack this innocent from your foul cover? And then show us your pride? This is not the way humans live.

He was not planning to kill you. There is no "other" in this fight. It's one American killing another....for reasons of pride? This is not your enemy but in frustration you'll kill him because you can't get at your true enemy? Poor choices my friend. Use your head.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 1:30 pm

Raptor wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Raptor wrote:
"My grampa has hunted every game animal on every continent and has fought and died heroically in every battle...

It reminds me of a local law firm commercial: "If you or a loved one has been injured or died, because of medical malpractice, call us at 1-877-ambulance-chaser..." LOL I guess cell-phone signals can transmit from 6-feet-under, now----GOOD to know!! LOL

Naw, I meant this simpletons who swear that their daddy, granddaddy, or uncle is an SME on everything because they were in some war, or a particular branch of service, or a cop, etc. Even as a veteran and warmonger myself listening to this can become rather annoying after so many times. ...

Yeah, I knew whatcha meant----I guess I shouldn't've gone off-track, telling about the commercial.

I totally agree with you, in regard to people refusing to listen, cuz it bruises their ego. I don't think I'll ever understand it, as long as I live----I mean, why would ANYBODY lose a chance to LEARN!!

Also, owning / shooting a gun, doesn't mean one knows guns----I mean, I've even been trained in guns (I think I mentioned, before, that I've even ribboned with a .38 and a .45), but I know next-to-nothing about guns; and, I certainly wouldn't be so stupid as to dispute someone who has, like you and Dox (and probably Sly) have, pretty much, lived and breathed guns, for so many years.

Also, it's pretty much a daily occurrence, on here, that if someone hasn't experienced something, someone else is talking about, then that someone else is lying / making stuff, up / whatever. It is BEYOND baffling to me, that people can't / won't think more broadly----ESPECIALLY, Aspies, cuz we're no.1 truth / fact seekers.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 8:24 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I had a few of those in school with gun function stuff; I made an enemy of an instructor there because he marked me down for not documenting the condition of the gas port on a Benellli shotgun that is inertia operated and doesn't have one, and I thought he was going to tear the paper with his pen making the correction. The guy simply would not admit that he was mistaken, and his TA who obviously knew he was wrong (going by the look on his face anyway) wouldn't intervene, so I ended up drawing an audience as I broke the gun down and demonstrated the action and lack of a gas port in a way that he couldn't dispute. Probably would have done it differently now, I wasn't diagnosed at the time and didn't yet realize how little being correct actually matters to most people.

You'll laugh but I had to prove to someone that a Ruger 10/22 doesn't have a gas system.
:lol:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 8:54 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Campin_Cat wrote:
Raptor wrote:

Naw, I meant this simpletons who swear that their daddy, granddaddy, or uncle is an SME on everything because they were in some war, or a particular branch of service, or a cop, etc. Even as a veteran and warmonger myself listening to this can become rather annoying after so many times. ...

Yeah, I knew whatcha meant----I guess I shouldn't've gone off-track, telling about the commercial.

I totally agree with you, in regard to people refusing to listen, cuz it bruises their ego. I don't think I'll ever understand it, as long as I live----I mean, why would ANYBODY lose a chance to LEARN!!

Also, owning / shooting a gun, doesn't mean one knows guns----I mean, I've even been trained in guns (I think I mentioned, before, that I've even ribboned with a .38 and a .45), but I know next-to-nothing about guns; and, I certainly wouldn't be so stupid as to dispute someone who has, like you and Dox (and probably Sly) have, pretty much, lived and breathed guns, for so many years.

Also, it's pretty much a daily occurrence, on here, that if someone hasn't experienced something, someone else is talking about, then that someone else is lying / making stuff, up / whatever. It is BEYOND baffling to me, that people can't / won't think more broadly----ESPECIALLY, Aspies, cuz we're no.1 truth / fact seekers.

And these are people that ASKED me for help or advice. I try and sort it out for them and they're all like "but that's not how I was taught so it just can't be right".
Duh....:doh:

Not long ago I had to demonstrate to some guy and his son that you CAN actually miss with a shotgun. He'd bought a LE trade in Remington 870P for home defense (I think he said it was his first gun) and came out to the range with it. I had to show both of them everything but I don't mind doing that for people as long as they'll listen up and not look at me like I'm the one that doesn't know what he's doing.

The guy commented that he bought that shotgun since "you can't miss with a shotgun". I asked what the distance are inside thier house where a shot might be taken against an intruder and it came out to about 20 ft or less. To demonstrate, I shot a B27 silhouette in the chest with 00 buck using his 870. When they saw how small the pattern was both were like "Holy s**t Batman! That's not like in the movies!!"

Yes, some people actually do get their firearms knowledge from Hollywood.
:roll: :roll:

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 9:38 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
What about shooting an innocent guard? Who is this guard and what is he guarding?

His name is Joe Brisson, you don't know him but he lives 2 blocks from you. His two little girls are the ones playing out in front all the time. He's had a hard time finding a job so this is what lead him to enlisting in the National Guard.

The warehouse he guards is full of food supplies and a recent shipment of AR type weapons. Tomorrow, Thursday, he was supposed to take some "leave time" to take the kids roller skating after school. And you'll attack this innocent from your foul cover? And then show us your pride? This is not the way humans live.

He was not planning to kill you. There is no "other" in this fight. It's one American killing another....for reasons of pride? This is not your enemy but in frustration you'll kill him because you can't get at your true enemy? Poor choices my friend. Use your head.

I almost forgot about you.
Yes, we hit that warehouse on a cold moonless drizzly night, approaching stealthily from the woods to the east. We hacked the security system and disabled it earlier. I saw Joe walking a beat around the warehouse perimeter with my night vision goggles and had my designated marksman, 75 yards behind me and on a wooded knoll, take the shot.

The report of his suppressed AR-15 in .300 Blackout made less noise from where I was standing than when the 125 grain bullet beached Joe's skull 45 yards away from me hiding in my "foul cover". His knees buckled instantly and he dropped to the pavement. The five of us, armed to the teeth, rushed the warehouse and seized it.

We split up all those "AR type weapons" between us and I now have a garage full of them with the boxes stacked to the ceiling from one end to the other. I'm having a sale on them this Saturday; buy one and get another at half off.

How's that for a happy ending?
:D