Finally dropped the racist friend

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 12:09 pm

I told him to stop and if he did another racist comment again, we're done. He did it again and now I have to follow through and be done. I am very sad because that means I will miss talking about my stories with him and my main character but getting upset with him is not even worth the friendship. It's not good for my mental health so I had to do a tough decision. :cry:

He will keep on stereotyping and judging people by their skin or religion or nationality and he will not learn.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 12:21 pm

Well done.

I still have mine, haha. It's not bothering me massively though since I know his views are stupid.

The Unleasher
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2017, 1:05 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I told him to stop and if he did another racist comment again, we're done. He did it again and now I have to follow through and be done. I am very sad because that means I will miss talking about my stories with him and my main character but getting upset with him is not even worth the friendship. It's not good for my mental health so I had to do a tough decision. :cry:

He will keep on stereotyping and judging people by their skin or religion or nationality and he will not learn.

I learned to drop toxic things. That's why I'm quitting Yahoo News! The commentators are malicious. Keep on striving, another friend will pop up when you least expect it.

Edit: I read your blog post about it and now I agree even more. As for the likes Trump thing, does he like Trump or did he just vote for him? Plenty of my family members voted for Trump, because they hated Hillary's guts.

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 6:04 pm

Well done. I hope you find a friend who is more accepting.

League_Girl wrote:

My dad is like that. I'm still a minor and his dependent, so I can't just "drop" him. He hasn't done anything major because of it, so I just ignore it.

NYAspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Mar 2017, 5:52 pm

Lunella wrote:
Well done.

I still have mine, haha. It's not bothering me massively though since I know his views are stupid.

But you know in your heart of hearts that you might have to down the road

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 11:17 pm

League_Girl wrote:

I don't think you've lost anything really. There are other people who are not racist who would probably like to hear your stories.

Mr_Miner
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Mar 2017, 8:49 pm

I had to drop a friend like this too. I really tried to see the good in him because I could see he had a lot of depression. But eventually I saw that he made himself feel good by putting others down. He had a weird respect and obsession with Nazis despite being raised by a Jewish mother. Maybe he talked about Nazis to annoy me I don't know. It got VERY bad after Obama was elected. I can only imagine what he says now and I am sure I know who he voted for.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 12:38 am

Sweet Pea hugs