For uk people: what did you get for your gcses?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

jimluigi0122
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Mar 2017, 8:44 pm

I'm in middle of my gcses and i'm just curious of what other aspergers got :mrgreen:.

Gardiad
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Mar 2017, 10:53 pm

I was undiagnosed when I did them so I didn't get much support (I hope you have had an easier time) I got 4 c's and mostly d's for the rest (A U in P.E and Physics for unrelated reasons)

Wish you the best of luck!

Five six seven, open up the pearly gates
Ain't no time to wonder why
Whoopee we all gonna die.

ArielsSong
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 1:54 am

3Cs, 3Bs, 5As and an A*, but this was back more than a decade ago.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 2:35 am

I didn't do mine as they pulled me out of normal school cause I kept escaping and encouraging others to escape too then hiding in some woods to go for a cig hahaha, I was a little s**t but I still had selective mutism. I was the thinnest girl y'see, so I could slide through the prison-like fences around the school, and I had mad climbing on top of roof skills. :wink:

They put me on some government scheme out of 20 kids in the entire school cause I was classed as one of the "high risk" pupils, asked me what I liked doing at like 13 years old, then I was like "PHOTOSHOP!" and then I ended up working in a proper media office (cause our high school had a private run media office operating within the high school itself who did work for all the schools in the city) and that was for the rest of high school where they taught me some of my photoshop wizardry skills - with odd days going to a business college to learn IT and NVQ equivalent to A levels.

Some days I'd be working on the high school switchboard and I had access to the ins/outs of the school main gate so I'd be there getting my friends out of school so they could wag it hahaha. I had to do a city and guilds thing there as well before I moved on to animation and games design in college. So, in the end I at least ended up with some pretty decent qualifications from that s**thole.

Good luck with yer GCSE's though! They're a pain. Protip: Don't go into art/media, do something businessy where all the money is like sales/reselling.

AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Mar 2017, 12:12 pm

4 A-C GCSEs. Art was my best subject followed by English and Media Studies. I have a degree and I'm also doing postgraduate study so the GCSEs don't really matter these days.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 1:25 pm

I did five. I got 4 Cs and one B. English was one mark off a B. The B I did get was for maths. I found maths fun. And I had a great teacher, who never discouraged me. A Level maths was impossible. :( And the teacher wasn't great, and I couldn't get the nice teacher, so I dropped out of that one. Nice teachers make the world of difference. As soon as I'm made out to be not trying hard enough, or lazy, I lose interest. It doesn't encourage me. I have no idea how others manage to get through education, I f*cking hated it.

I used to walk out of school too, but that was because I hated it.

School is kinda soul destroying, at least it was for me. College too.

I remember this aspie guy there who rejected me because I was speechless around him. I really liked him, but he was incredibly arrogant and up himself. That and, I remember walking with him and my other male friend to the local shop, and he started ignoring me. When I asked why, he told me that boy and a girl who liked each other were supposed to be alone, implying I shouldn't have invited my other friend. I was again speechless when he spoke to me, and at first I couldn't understand what he was saying, so he said nevermind, and he wasn't interested. I didn't even know he liked me. I tried to hang out with him again, and he said he wasn't interested.

He did a degree in some kind of bacteria (?) or something, and later on the conservative government closed the only place in the UK he could have worked in.

Gardiad
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Mar 2017, 1:33 pm

Quote:
The B I did get was for maths. I found maths fun. And I had a great teacher, who never discouraged me.

I had a similar teacher who taught me English, she was really good at helping me out and understanding, if only more teachers could reach out like that I'd probably of done a lot better, or maybe I should of knuckled down a bit more, I'll never know. A lot of your post resonates with me and my experience, I kind of floated around in education after secondary school, started a few college courses and kind of just lost motivation got shouted at a lot.

I guess the real issue comes down to the idea of it's a numbers game, you get 30 kids in a class-room the aim is to get as many to pass the test as possible and anyone who doesn't fall in with them gets sort of left behind, maybe I read too much into the situation, hope everything is better for you these days though!

Five six seven, open up the pearly gates
Ain't no time to wonder why
Whoopee we all gonna die.

electricsaygeo
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2017, 3:56 pm

1 A*
3 A's
3 B's
2 C's
1 E

so a bit of every grade :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:31 pm

What I opted to take as GCSEs was the most stupidest mistake I've ever made in my entire life.

I chose music - because I was interested in my talent of playing the keyboard. But then I spent the rest of years 10 and 11 regretting it. I struggled in the music lessons, didn't fit in with the other kids in the group, and didn't understand anything the music teacher taught me. My grade for music was a G. Oh, well.

I also took wood work, or carpenting, or whatever you like to call it. With my creative mind I got a high grade for my idea of what I was going to make, but I had difficulties putting it together. The teacher helped me a lot, but I still got the high grade for coming up with an original idea.

And I took art, which I don't regret. But, in art, my creative mind actually almost FAILED me (unlike in wood work). I created a painting piece, but the teacher had to ungrade it because it didn't relate to any artists. But luckily it wasn't my actual GCSE art exam, so when I sat my GCSE art exam, I remembered to actually compose a piece of art that related to an artist. But I still only got an E.

I took single science because I hated science so I wanted to have as little science lessons a week as possible. I got a low grade in science, probably because I never paid attention.
I struggled so badly at maths but I had extra help with maths, although I still only got an F.
English was my favourite subject, although GCSE english was boring. I got a D, but I thought I'd get a bit higher than that. I probably would have got lower if it wasn't for my good spelling, grammar and punctuation.

I didn't really do that well in school. I was diagnosed with AS in childhood, so I did get support through school, but because I had trouble focusing, I just flunked most things.

Scorpius14
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 9:16 pm

an unclassified for IT, even though it was my chosen degree subject, but haven't found a use for it yet

didn't really pass the gcse's, so ended up doing btec which holds a bad name for a lot of people, so you probably wonder how i got into university in the first place, part of me thinks lecturers just pitied my circumstances and let me experience it, and that's all I was - a spectator just along for the ride. my year 10/11 were plagued with temp teachers, some non-english speakers were teaching english and had a SEN assistant in nearly every lesson who were constantly breathing down my back distracting me from lessons.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 12:21 am

I was fortunate with my gcse's, even went on to take an extra. A-stars for English language, literature and religious education, A's for double science and geography. Merit for gnvq IT, B for maths and finally a C for French. It should be noted I did not do so well in my following A-Levels; the crazy well and truly caught up with me at that point. Anyway, those exams are a most challenging and hectic time but press on, and good luck to you. :)