What did you do today to look less autistic?

Page 6 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

LaetiBlabla
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 3:09 pm

Today, I forced myself to a one-hour-break during lunch time, sitting with colleagues, trying to simply do nothing and relax because to much stress caused me some meltdowns those last days.

aloofdeer
Raven
Raven

13 Apr 2017, 6:41 pm

Today I actually used my voice to respond to someone instead of just staring blankly

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2017, 4:38 pm

I forgot something. I had an idea about a really good question. However, I thought about it; maybe totally inappropriate. Not asking. Forgotten, sort of;

AngryAngryAngry
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2017, 5:37 pm

I'm learning Gaelic, now I can freely talk to myself - not a soul can understand me and if they question me, I can say I'm practicing my gaelic (it's the truth). :D

CyborgSpaceKitten
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Apr 2017, 9:36 pm

I tried to hold eye contact with people when I spoke with them, and attempted not to speak to myself while on the bus and in public because it tends to bug people out...but I don't generally change much about my behavior to act more 'normal'. I like my special little 'quirks' as I call them.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2017, 11:03 pm

I learned that in communication or as a leader, you have to be speaking practically and perceptibly. As though you can touch it and see it. You can not be speaking theoretically with predictions, but you have to speak word by word factually.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 3:57 pm

Today, I learned compromising, please and thank you helps when leading.

Added to that, is keeping it simple.

Loner269
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Apr 2017, 4:57 am

I don't know if it's less autistic, but I went outside shopping and stuff without headphones on, which I usually never do. Still though, people don't initiate any kind of contact with me what so ever. But at least now my headphones can't be used as an excuse not to talk to me.

[email protected]
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2017, 1:08 pm

I have a group of NT friends that I hang around with to play competitive sports, call it social osmosis or something but I simply talked less and listened more and picked up on how other people behaved. If you want to overcome AS, embrace it, be yourself. But at the same time study people and observe their vocabulary and then speak using their language. With body language it's good to do some mirroring and nodding in agreement to create rapport.

Also eye contact is a big part of it, just practice until you get good at it.

hjgyllstrom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 May 2017, 9:38 pm

I am a guy with Aspergers autism. I grew up in a quiet environment where I had become shy and quiet as I am now today. I don't like to go at it alone in the world. I never know what to say to anyone but yet words form in my brain and it sounds good. But I am afraid that it would become worse than it is.

So anyway....to make myself less autistic... I see my psychologist and talk with him and share my ideas and heart breaking tensions I get from being alone and he brings me up each day. "Communication is KEY to all!" I do get all the bad stuff off my chest just to get rid of the negativity and process te Positive things that can correlate for my life and help with my need of training for a new and improved social skills.

My psychologist is a professional for the Autism Spectrum of people like me. :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 12:46 pm

Agree to go to an Ann Summers party I'm invited to next Saturday. :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 12:57 pm

LaetiBlabla wrote:
Butterfly88 wrote:
Nothing, I'll be whoever I want to be, I don't care if others judge.

That's what I tend to think as well. That is typically what all autistic people think. .

What do you mean by ALL?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 11:45 am

I went into what I'll call walking shutdown, concentrated on moving in the right direction, and kept my mouth shut about anything which upset me.

The circumstances would have challenged most people, I think.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 6:11 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Agree to go to an Ann Summers party I'm invited to next Saturday. :)

LUCKY! HOW DARE THEE GIVE STATEMENT SHOWING ANN SUMMERS PARTY! MY GOSH.... ANN SUMMERS PARTY... BE SURE TO CONTACT YOUR BASE BACK ON SATURN'S FIRST MOON FELLOW ALIEN TO TELL HOW IT WENT! NOW IF YOU DON'T MIND I AM TELEPORTING BACK TO THE UFOS.

Bew bew bew bew bew bew Qacccccccccccccckshooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-shhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beep.

I should go to parties more.

Fantino
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 May 2017, 5:33 am

Hello! This is my first day here, and I thought this thread was a good place to start as the title sounded proactive and positive. I found 3 days ago that I might have AS, purely by chance, and still trying to figure it out.

So what did I do today... today I went shopping: sort of "oh no" feeling as in both cases was met by a female :oops: Tried to make some sustained eye contact or at least focus less on the tiles on the floor..., went smoothly, additionally smiling and be smiled at always feels nice. And tomorrow is another day.
Have a great day my fellow WP's! 8)
--
(Not native english speaker - sorry)

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2017, 5:33 pm

Wound down some panic