Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 9:12 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
It seems SJWs can find something offensive in anything.

They've discovered that there's an infinite amount of offence to be taken, no matter how finite the supply.

If only we could apply the same principle to food and energy.

(Actually, as anyone who understands economics will tell you, all they're doing is devaluing their currency, but I'm not about to let that ruin the analogy)

The SJW movement has makes me not take something being called racist or sexist seriously.

Case in point.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 2:30 am

SJWs are an energy. The democrats need to harness it for the 2018 election. If the Democrats win the house and senate it is going to be because these passionate folk leant a hand. Use them and they might pull it off. Stop alienating them from the left.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:41 am

Shahunshah wrote:
SJWs are an energy. The democrats need to harness it for the 2018 election. If the Democrats win the house and senate it is going to be because these passionate folk leant a hand. Use them and they might pull it off. Stop alienating them from the left.

By all means put them front and centre in all future elections. They did amazingly well last time.

Bonus points if you can get them to quadruple down on the evil white man narrative.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 4:08 am

adifferentname wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

By all means put them front and centre in all future elections. They did amazingly well last time.

Bonus points if you can get them to quadruple down on the evil white man narrative.
Midterm elections are different. Their is low voter turnout, so pumped up, enthusiastic voters is essential. That is after all how the Republicans did so well.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 5:08 am

adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

They've discovered that there's an infinite amount of offence to be taken, no matter how finite the supply.

(Actually, as anyone who understands economics will tell you, all they're doing is devaluing their currency, but I'm not about to let that ruin the analogy)

The SJW movement has makes me not take something being called racist or sexist seriously.

Case in point.

Sorry I don't understand what you are saying, can you elaborate please?

oerk
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Mar 2017, 5:28 am

There is a right way and a wrong way to do something. I would consider myself a social justice warrior and I have been called white knight alot. A big problem with people who want to make a social difference is they will riot, not study what they protest or not be open to new ideas. That does not mean that everyone who gives a s**t and fights for social justice are that way. People on all sides need to educate themselves and learn kindness/respect/morals. It's not just one side or the other and we need to stop pretending it is. Are people who rally for Pro-life sjw? If you break the meaning of that phrase down yes but I have never heard one called that.

People have a right to care. They don't have a right to hurt others because they believe differently. A better group to be mad at would be protesters or rioters rather than people who just care.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 5:49 am

oerk wrote:
There is a right way and a wrong way to do something. I would consider myself a social justice warrior and I have been called white knight alot. A big problem with people who want to make a social difference is they will riot, not study what they protest or not be open to new ideas. That does not mean that everyone who gives a s**t and fights for social justice are that way. People on all sides need to educate themselves and learn kindness/respect/morals. It's not just one side or the other and we need to stop pretending it is. Are people who rally for Pro-life sjw? If you break the meaning of that phrase down yes but I have never heard one called that.

People have a right to care. They don't have a right to hurt others because they believe differently. A better group to be mad at would be protesters or rioters rather than people who just care.

SJWs have a long history of trying to criminalize what they term "hate speech". From my understanding a pro lifer would not be an SJW, because it usually refers to left leaning individuals. I also take issue with SJWs war on responsibly like the fat acceptance movement.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 5:51 am

BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

Same here. Back when the SJWs first threw that s**t at me I took it roughly as seriously as being called a thief. Now it gets little reaction on its own. I have to be able to see racism and sexism to get the same reaction. Devalued currency indeed. Like the boy that cried wolf soon learned.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 5:55 am

BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

Case in point.

He means you proved his point about devalued currency because you no longer take accusations of racism and sexism seriously. The SJWs had a sharp blade which has now been blunted through overmisuse.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 6:33 am

Drake wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

Case in point.

He means you proved his point about devalued currency because you no longer take accusations of racism and sexism seriously. The SJWs had a sharp blade which has now been blunted through overmisuse.

Thanks, I watch a little of anti-SJW youtubers, like TheAmazingAtheist, Undoomed, and TheDrunkenPeasants. The rate of which SJWs make stuff up about them or strawmen is annoying. Also the SJW acts like the RR by blocking dissent. It also annoys me that the act of disagreement is seen as harassment. I also notice many of the female SJWs take trolls wat to seriously and act like only they get trolled. :roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:33 am

oerk wrote:

Social Justice Warriors are a subgroup of Social Justice Activists. There are defined by bullying behaviors such as language shaming and forced language redefinition and in general trying to forcefully shut down speech that they disagree with, trying to shut down conversations by saying the person is part of a privileged group or born racist and thus have no right to express an opinion and because the person are not part of a group defined by SJW's as oppressed their opinion is invalid, getting people who disagree with them fired. Rioting is a bullying tactic.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:46 am

Shahunshah wrote:

They are an energy alright, a toxic energy that will help Trump be reelected, and in general get policies they disagree with to become law. The problem for them running candidates in the primaries is that the progressive candidate might have said one thing they disagree with or not be a member of a properly oppressed group, thus support will turn into hacking the candidate, shutting down the candidates' rallies, occupying the candidate's office, rioting outside it.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:19 am

Drake wrote:

Quite so.

BettaPonic wrote:
Thanks, I watch a little of anti-SJW youtubers, like TheAmazingAtheist, Undoomed, and TheDrunkenPeasants. The rate of which SJWs make stuff up about them or strawmen is annoying. Also the SJW acts like the RR by blocking dissent. It also annoys me that the act of disagreement is seen as harassment. I also notice many of the female SJWs take trolls wat to seriously and act like only they get trolled. :roll:

You should check out DoctorRandomerCam. He's arguably the most entertaining and thought-provoking of the anti-SJW 'tubers, and one whom they seem reluctant to criticise - presumably because they're aware he'd eviscerate them through mockery.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:07 pm

adifferentname wrote:
Drake wrote:

Quite so.

BettaPonic wrote:

You should check out DoctorRandomerCam. He's arguably the most entertaining and thought-provoking of the anti-SJW 'tubers, and one whom they seem reluctant to criticise - presumably because they're aware he'd eviscerate them through mockery.

Thank you

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 10:27 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

Shouldn't you actually look into a claim yourself before you decide it's not to be taken seriously? Why should it matter whether or not it comes from someone or someplace you find objectionable?

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 3:16 am

Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:

Shouldn't you actually look into a claim yourself before you decide it's not to be taken seriously? Why should it matter whether or not it comes from someone or someplace you find objectionable?

"Wolf! Wolf!"