Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:55 am

Shahunshah wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
EclecticWarrior wrote:
I was very close to being dragged into the SJW mindset when I was younger and more vulnerable. At the start of this decade, I was fairly active in the LGBT scene. This was around the time the SJWs began coming out of the woodwork. I began to see less talk of LGBT unity but of race and other issues I feel are divisive.

They like to prey on other vulnerable people too in my experience, especially young LGBT people and autistic people. And as soon as the vulnerable person says something even vaguely "problematic", they are kicked out of the scene. That to me is the hallmark of a cult. Destroying the most vulnerable members of society through brainwashing and then rejection for the littlest reasons.

Vulnerable people need to be educated about how emotionally manipulative SJWs can be.

I almost joined their cult too. I am lucky that I gave up feeling offense.

I developed SJW like views from around October 2014 to June 2015.

I never had the hostile/offended attitude that SJWs are stereotyped as having had. But I certainly had an emotional commitment to certain issues rather than a rational one I felt.

I almost started buying some of their junk too. I was in a combating intolerance class and almost fell for it. I look back and regret ever taking that class. I see some of their ideas like "microaggression" or "cultural appropriation" and personally think that it is stupid.
Really what kinds of things did they talk about?

There was a lot of repetition of false statistics and getting offended at everything. They touted the one in five or the seventy seven cents on the dollar. When the school had a problem with a project titled "project period" they were all mad.

Drake
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 7:19 am

EclecticWarrior wrote:
I was very close to being dragged into the SJW mindset when I was younger and more vulnerable. At the start of this decade, I was fairly active in the LGBT scene. This was around the time the SJWs began coming out of the woodwork. I began to see less talk of LGBT unity but of race and other issues I feel are divisive.

They like to prey on other vulnerable people too in my experience, especially young LGBT people and autistic people. And as soon as the vulnerable person says something even vaguely "problematic", they are kicked out of the scene. That to me is the hallmark of a cult. Destroying the most vulnerable members of society through brainwashing and then rejection for the littlest reasons.

Vulnerable people need to be educated about how emotionally manipulative SJWs can be.

Everyone needs to be educated about how emotionally manipulative SJWs will be. That's where they did their damage to me, because I was blindsided by these tactics and unprepared for them and had to learn the hard way.

I saw someone liken SJWs to a viper that screams in pain as it strikes you recently.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 8:15 am

Drake wrote:
EclecticWarrior wrote:

Everyone needs to be educated about how emotionally manipulative SJWs will be. That's where they did their damage to me, because I was blindsided by these tactics and unprepared for them and had to learn the hard way.

I saw someone liken SJWs to a viper that screams in pain as it strikes you recently.

I like that comparison. :D
I think the pied piper is a good one. Luring the everyone into a trap, while they think they are safe.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 1:54 pm

SJW's tend to take pertinent issues too far, and make things even more than an issue in the process of attempting to solve the issue.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 3:28 pm

The first video at the link below shows the absolute weirdest protester I've ever seen in my life. The protest had something to do with soda pop cans and plastic baby dolls on a string while prancing around in circles in the middle of the street and blowing on a whistle. Though this scene occurs at night, the person was apparently attending the Women's March earlier that day back in January:

https://www.infowars.com/video-this-deranged-anti-trump-protester-is-the-weirdest-thing-ever/

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 4:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
SJW's tend to take pertinent issues too far, and make things even more than an issue in the process of attempting to solve the issue.

Remember the Climate Change is racist? That is not only a good example, but it is plain funny.