adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 3:16 am

Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
It seems SJWs can find something offensive in anything.

They've discovered that there's an infinite amount of offence to be taken, no matter how finite the supply.

If only we could apply the same principle to food and energy.

(Actually, as anyone who understands economics will tell you, all they're doing is devaluing their currency, but I'm not about to let that ruin the analogy)

The SJW movement has makes me not take something being called racist or sexist seriously.

Shouldn't you actually look into a claim yourself before you decide it's not to be taken seriously? Why should it matter whether or not it comes from someone or someplace you find objectionable?

"Wolf! Wolf!"

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:49 am

Chronos wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
adifferentname wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
It seems SJWs can find something offensive in anything.

They've discovered that there's an infinite amount of offence to be taken, no matter how finite the supply.

If only we could apply the same principle to food and energy.

(Actually, as anyone who understands economics will tell you, all they're doing is devaluing their currency, but I'm not about to let that ruin the analogy)

The SJW movement has makes me not take something being called racist or sexist seriously.

Shouldn't you actually look into a claim yourself before you decide it's not to be taken seriously? Why should it matter whether or not it comes from someone or someplace you find objectionable?

I do, but they use to it for everything. It was claimed that office tempatures are sexist, Milo is a Nazi, Climate Change is racist, and Women are the only ones online getting death threats. Just calling something racist or sexist isn't an argument anyways.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 8:43 am

SJWs are also a bunch of perfectionists who support Autism Speaks.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 4:30 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

I dislike SJWs, but where is the evidence of this claim? It seems like SJWs like self diagnosing themselves with autism.

Fugu
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 4:40 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

I dislike SJWs, but where is the evidence of this claim? It seems like SJWs like self diagnosing themselves with autism.
I feel like the person with the nazi soldier as an avatar is not a reasonable source

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 5:16 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I've seen a few anti autism speaks sjws.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 5:20 pm

The "Nazi Soldier" is actually a character in a show called "Hogan's Heroes." This character was used to MOCK Nazis.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 6:59 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:

Autism being a wide spectrum will have SJW's but for the most part SJW's obsess about race, sexual preferences, and gender identities not neurology.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2017, 10:16 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Autism being a wide spectrum will have SJW's but for the most part SJW's obsess about race, sexual preferences, and gender identities not neurology.

I have seen a few obsess over neurology. They can obsess over a large variation of topics. I have seen weight also included.

EclecticWarrior
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 9:45 pm

I was very close to being dragged into the SJW mindset when I was younger and more vulnerable. At the start of this decade, I was fairly active in the LGBT scene. This was around the time the SJWs began coming out of the woodwork. I began to see less talk of LGBT unity but of race and other issues I feel are divisive.

They like to prey on other vulnerable people too in my experience, especially young LGBT people and autistic people. And as soon as the vulnerable person says something even vaguely "problematic", they are kicked out of the scene. That to me is the hallmark of a cult. Destroying the most vulnerable members of society through brainwashing and then rejection for the littlest reasons.

Vulnerable people need to be educated about how emotionally manipulative SJWs can be.

WP's most sparkling member.

DX classic autism 1995, AS 2003, depression 2008

~INFP~

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 9:58 pm

EclecticWarrior wrote:
I was very close to being dragged into the SJW mindset when I was younger and more vulnerable. At the start of this decade, I was fairly active in the LGBT scene. This was around the time the SJWs began coming out of the woodwork. I began to see less talk of LGBT unity but of race and other issues I feel are divisive.

They like to prey on other vulnerable people too in my experience, especially young LGBT people and autistic people. And as soon as the vulnerable person says something even vaguely "problematic", they are kicked out of the scene. That to me is the hallmark of a cult. Destroying the most vulnerable members of society through brainwashing and then rejection for the littlest reasons.

Vulnerable people need to be educated about how emotionally manipulative SJWs can be.

I almost joined their cult too. I am lucky that I gave up feeling offense.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:38 pm

BettaPonic wrote:
EclecticWarrior wrote:

I developed SJW like views from around October 2014 to June 2015.

I never had the hostile/offended attitude that SJWs are stereotyped as having had. But I certainly had an emotional commitment to certain issues rather than a rational one I felt.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 10:46 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
EclecticWarrior wrote:

I never had the hostile/offended attitude that SJWs are stereotyped as having had. But I certainly had an emotional commitment to certain issues rather than a rational one I felt.

I almost started buying some of their junk too. I was in a combating intolerance class and almost fell for it. I look back and regret ever taking that class. I see some of their ideas like "microaggression" or "cultural appropriation" and personally think that it is stupid.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 5:22 am

BettaPonic wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
EclecticWarrior wrote:

I almost started buying some of their junk too. I was in a combating intolerance class and almost fell for it. I look back and regret ever taking that class. I see some of their ideas like "microaggression" or "cultural appropriation" and personally think that it is stupid.
Really what kinds of things did they talk about?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:04 am

This video reminds of Hezbollah Djihadists.

BettaPonic
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2017, 6:55 am

Shahunshah wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
BettaPonic wrote:
EclecticWarrior wrote:

Really what kinds of things did they talk about?

There was a lot of repetition of false statistics and getting offended at everything. They touted the one in five or the seventy seven cents on the dollar. When the school had a problem with a project titled "project period" they were all mad.