Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2017, 10:30 pm

apparently it is the project of Nergal from Behemoth as he wanted to do something different from his black metal...basically its like vaguely satanic Johhny Cash. Does anyone else like it...I have to say I am pretty happy about it. Here is one of the songs

Amebix
Toucan
Toucan

18 Mar 2017, 10:13 am

I've been following it and I like it a lot. He's been posting a lot about it on his instagram.

I don't think Johnny Cash is the closest comparison, though. The person it most reminds me of is Nick Cave:

The other thing I noticed is, on Instagram Nergal is following Wovenhand, which is one of my favorite bands ever. This is notable because Wovenhand is an influential underground folk/country band led by the same person who led 16 Horsepower (David Eugene Edwards), which was really the key gothic country band. The funny thing is, though, Edwards is an Esoteric Christian, while Nergal is an Anti-Theistic Satanist. Anyway, this is another comparable influence:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 8:58 pm

Amebix wrote:
I've been following it and I like it a lot. He's been posting a lot about it on his instagram.

I don't think Johnny Cash is the closest comparison, though. The person it most reminds me of is Nick Cave:

The other thing I noticed is, on Instagram Nergal is following Wovenhand, which is one of my favorite bands ever. This is notable because Wovenhand is an influential underground folk/country band led by the same person who led 16 Horsepower (David Eugene Edwards), which was really the key gothic country band. The funny thing is, though, Edwards is an Esoteric Christian, while Nergal is an Anti-Theistic Satanist. Anyway, this is another comparable influence:

Yeah I've seen it mentioned elsewhere online that people are reminded of Nick Cave, but I've never listened to them so of course I didn't make that relation I'd probably like Nick Cave if its similar though. But yeah I had been waiting for quite a while for this project of Nergal...since he's been hinting about doing something new for quite some time and I am certainly not disappointed. All that said I hate like modern country, like the pop country on the radio but the sort of oldschool sounding stuff is pretty awesome.