Page 7 of 13 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 10:01 pm

I thought briefly women laid eggs inside of them while chickens drop them and sit on them and we just do it inside ourselves and then the egg hatches into a baby and that is how it's born. It would hatch inside the mother and the mother then feels it come so she goes to the hospital to have it and she pushes it out.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 12:54 pm

Dear_one wrote:
NewTime wrote:
I thought that cashiers and toll booth workers got to keep all the money they got.

One actually did. Someone set up a booth for parking fees at the British Museum parking lot, and collected for decades. The City and the Museum both assumed that he worked for the other party.

:lmao: I just found my career :lol:

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:10 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
NewTime wrote:
I thought that cashiers and toll booth workers got to keep all the money they got.

One actually did. Someone set up a booth for parking fees at the British Museum parking lot, and collected for decades. The City and the Museum both assumed that he worked for the other party.

:lmao: I just found my career :lol:

I also thought the same. I thought workers at work who work with money got to keep it all and it was all theirs. I didn't know it would be stealing if they took it with them. I know they take it all out of the register at the end of the shift and put it in a bag and put it away somewhere I think in a safe or they take it home with them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 2:27 pm

In a way, a baby growing inside the mother's uterus is inside an "egg," I believe. Except the shell is made out of amniotic fluid, rather than solid matter.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 3:07 pm

I believed that the sound of a jetliner was the sound that the sky was making as it stretched. I believed this well after I learned about the existence of aircraft; I just never put two and two together. As to why the sky needed to stretch...well, don't we all?

My parents used to tell me that I had been born without a nose. They explained that a nurse had kindly sewn a button onto my face to replace it, and whenever they referred to my nose they called it my button. I eventually began to suspect that this had not, in fact, been the case, but was not fully convinced for quite some time.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 4:15 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
In a way, a baby growing inside the mother's uterus is inside an "egg," I believe. Except the shell is made out of amniotic fluid, rather than solid matter.

But I thought the mother laid actual eggs like chickens do except ours was very small. Our doesn't work that way the chicken does.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm

I thought people working in a store got to take anything home with them they had in stock.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

Dear_one wrote:
NewTime wrote:

As funny and great as this sounds it's probably an urban myth. A very similar story came out years ago about a parking attendant in Bristol Zoo , the story went viral but sadly was not true.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 4:25 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I thought people working in a store got to take anything home with them they had in stock.

You can , it is known as 5 fingered discount ( joke )

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 4:27 pm

I thought walking in a thunderstorm was very dangerous because I didn't realize that the chances of getting struck by lightning you had a higher chance of winning the lottery.

crystaltermination
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 4:31 pm

As a child I was very curious and confused about the existence of belly-buttons: no one really ever explained what it was or why it was there, so I made up my own truth about it. I became convinced that because no one wanted to talk about it, it was a sign I had some terribly dangerous stomach problem.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2017, 4:32 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
League_Girl wrote:

You can , it is known as 5 fingered discount ( joke )

My mom had a boss that did that and she caught him one time but thought it was a lot of stuff he bought so she didn't say anything. Most people would have gotten suspicious and reported it. He did get caught eventually so someone else must have seen him taking stuff and reported it. He would fill his van with a bunch of stuff and take it somewhere and when he got caught, it turned out he had been stealing from other stores he managed and selling it illegally and he went to jail. If he had only stuck with one item, he might have gotten away with it but if he did it all the time then probably not. This was before they had surveillance cameras.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 4:31 pm

I used to think that the BAR exam was a test people for potential bar tenders.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2017, 5:20 pm

When my mom would take me to the store and ask me to choose breakfast cereal, it was a dilemma. I was afraid if I chose one breakfast cereal over the other, I would cause the respective mascot of the unchosen cereal to cry. E.g., Sugar Bear would start crying if I chose Captain Crunch.

I thought I could reach into the television and enter the actors' world. I tried to look for different ways to get into the TV, e.g., looking at different angles.

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

248RPA
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 5:23 pm

I used to think that the leading cause of death in America was getting sucked into a tornado.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 7:54 pm

I thought if you did a murder as a juvenile, they would wait until you are an adult to execute you. I didn't know they go by how old you are at the time of the crime when they give out a sentence. So if you committed a crime and it took them four years to convict you and you were now over 18, they wouldn't sentence you to death because of your age at the time of the crime. Though it used to be 16 when I was a kid depending on what state you were in but they got rid of capital punishment for 16 and 17 year olds in 2005. But yet they still try them as adults which will never make sense unless it's about giving them mental treatment and to continue giving them mental treatment when they are over 18. That is like a loop hole in the law they do by playing the system.