Page 11 of 13 [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 3:10 pm

I used to think that if you were throwing a big dinner party, you could get a "public servant" to help.

RinpocheMacGuffin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2017, 6:23 pm

I used to think that if you walked home backwards you could undo the day. I used to walk home backwards as a kid & still did it at 26 years old reciting any interaction that gave me stressers. My Advocacy worker, she was brilliant & used to walk backwards with me so when I got home, she was their & Karma free, so I get get dialogue :D

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 7:19 pm

RinpocheMacGuffin wrote:
I used to think that if you walked home backwards you could undo the day. I used to walk home backwards as a kid & still did it at 26 years old reciting any interaction that gave me stressers. My Advocacy worker, she was brilliant & used to walk backwards with me so when I got home, she was their & Karma free, so I get get dialogue :D

:lol:
Have sometimes wanted to "do the day over again". Shoulda tried "walking backwards".

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2017, 8:37 pm

I used to believe that if someone was nice, it guaranteed they were not homophobic.

I used to believe that academic intelligence was a moral quality.

I used to believe that if I flunked Structural Engineering, all options were gone. Lost.

I used to believe that only junior high school reptiles judged based on appearances.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2017, 8:55 am

Joe90,

My male Siamese, Prince, had a pink nose.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 11:26 am

I used to believe that vampires were a type of mosquito.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 12:38 pm

I used to think that there were only two and a half billion people. At the time, I was correct. Most people's life plans are still based on a belief that things have not changed much, but to me, it is like living among 3 families in a 2-br. apt.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 1:56 pm

Dear_one wrote:
I used to think that if you were throwing a big dinner party, you could get a "public servant" to help.

:lol:
Am trying to imagine Trump, or any other high profile "public servant" working as a butler at some regular person's BBQ!

Am falling off the chair laughing!

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2017, 2:32 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Yeah, but you dont eat bolts, screws, nor even iron filings either.

But that doesnt stop you from scarfing down rare hamburgers dripping in iron rich hemoglobin based cow blood!

And you might take iron pills too.Liver is rich in iron too.

And doesnt hemoglobin have some copper in it to assist the iron in grabbing oxygen? Thats what some substitute teacher told us back in junior high one day.

Actually, you do eat iron filings. Somewhere on YouTube there's a guy making a mush of, I think, Special K breakfast flakes, and then separating out the iron with a magnet. It isn't very digestible, but it counts on the Ingredients. I'm vegan, and get plenty of iron in leafy greens. You could look up the chemistry of haemoglobin if you want - I was amazed and somewhat relieved to learn that my blood normally contains acetone.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 May 2017, 3:07 pm

When I was 15, I really believed lightning would strike me if I skipped Mass on Sunday. But my brother skipped and he was ok. So I skipped Mass on Sunday and not only did lightning not strike me, but when I woke up the next morning it was a gorgeous sunny day! That's when I knew the whole thing was a lie.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2017, 4:25 pm

I used to believe that the Moon had some sort of evil power, and that it might be unleashed if I looked directly at it. Even as a teenager, I still felt reluctant to look directly at the moon.

Ljj5000
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 May 2017, 7:26 pm

I used to think that the last number was 100.

HermioneG
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 May 2017, 11:06 pm

That most of the kids around me were insufferably stupid and they were doing it on purpose. This eventually changed to be that I believed kids were lazy dull creatures in general though oddly I still wanted their attention. Mostly to show off and to lead in the complex games and playing that make up childhood. I thought that friends were merely there to be used as pawns so to speak though I still had some idea of having a favorite that you were affectionate towards in the same way you had a favorite toy.

Also I believed everyone else was part of a club that I didn't know the secret password to become a member of. They all had lessons on talking properly and eye contact etc since they all knew how to socialize and I didn't. Or that I had somehow missed the lesson in how to socialize and read body language and sarcasm- that everyone was intentionally not sharing information.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
~Unofficially diagnosed but fairly certain based on personal research that I am an Aspie~

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2017, 1:58 am

I thought grown ups actually had eyes at the back of their head and I wondered how they could see through their hair. I would ask them that and they could never answer that. It just never made sense.

I thought adults made rules to punish kids and adults enjoyed doing it and they did it for control and for revenge so don't piss them off or they will get back at you by punishing you.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 1:14 am

That if you left a window open at night and heard three taps there would be a lady clinging onto your window ledge grinning and ready to ram one of her fingers up into your eye socket, I used to believe a lot of cheerful things like that, the people I hung around with as a kiddie were all rather entranced by ghoulish gossip. I sometimes blissfully forgot this particular legend and would occasionally find my eyes drifting to the window and I would be jolted into a state of fizzing panic and pluck up the courage to yank it shut whilst holding a toy pistol or something in one hand.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2017, 12:39 pm

I used to think that the world was run by the most intelligent people, not the greediest.