Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 2:50 pm

I think this in the right place, I'm not sure. Is there a lightbulb for sensitive eyes? Lights can cause me a headache too & can make the room a little hot. I have to keep adjusting my iPad light.

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2017, 2:55 pm

Have you tried red/orange light?

You can buy red lightbulbs or else wear amber-tinted lenses.

You could also run a programme that changes the brightness and tone of light on your ipad, especially useful in the evenings.
I run f.lux on my laptop, it's rescued my eyes.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 11:47 pm

There red lightbulb for very sensitive eyes?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 2:06 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I think this in the right place, I'm not sure. Is there a lightbulb for sensitive eyes? Lights can cause me a headache too & can make the room a little hot. I have to keep adjusting my iPad light.

Warm colored incandescent lights. Fluorescent lights contain more greens and blues, which the human eye is very sensitive to, and have a flicker, which isn't as bad as it used to be thanks to advances in technology, but some people are sensitive to it.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 8:18 am

Most lights have a "temperature" mentioned on the package, this temperature is a measure of the color of light it emits; high temperatures are more blue and low temperatures are more red.
Personally, i prefer lights up to 5000 kelvin (which is comparable to regular sunlight).

secondly, try incandescent or led lights, fluorescent has an inherent flickering which also causes headaches (at least for me)