"I don't owe you s**t" is the dumbest excuse ever

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Aaendi
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Mar 2017, 4:05 pm

It's a dumb reason to be an as*hole to someone.

"I have a valid reason to be an as*hole to you because I don't owe you anything, but you're a shitlord entitled misogynist because you act nice, but want people to be nice to you back."
-various SJWs

Anybody can pull an "I don't owe you s**t" card out of their ass, even if they do owe someone something. It doesn't excuse you to be an as*hole. Second of all, shouldn't that mean that I don't have to "give you free s**t and not get anything in return," because I DON'T OWE YOU ANYTHING EITHER!

Third of all, what the hell counts as "owing" in these people's heads? What like they have to get a police call to tell them they owe someone something? That doesn't happen. Oweing is completely arbitrary, and it shouldn't matter if someone owes someone or not, people should just respect others, period.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 1:53 pm

Nobody owes anybody anything.

It's just nice to be nice. It's the right thing to do.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 2:05 pm

It's just a saying used out of the correct context. It's normally said between people who are in relationships or business arguments, not people who barely know each other cause there hasn't been any favours made but there usually are in other circumstances. Like, if someone does you a favour you're meant to owe them to pay them back for the favour they did for you as a common courtesy of being a nice person. So to say that they don't owe you anything is like stating the obvious just to state the obvious to add more to their argument so it seems like they have more to say when they actually don't. It's kind of like a very empty insult lol.

antnego
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Mar 2017, 4:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

It's "right" to be nice when it's socially appropriate to do so. Nice isn't required or suggested in a conflict situation.

Then again, you can choose to act however you wish according to your own principles of right and wrong.

My neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 82 of 200

I am very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2017, 5:00 pm

antnego wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

It's "right" to be nice when it's socially appropriate to do so. Nice isn't required or suggested in a conflict situation.

Then again, you can choose to act however you wish according to your own principles of right and wrong.

I don't agree with you. I've spent many years working in customer service and the best way to disarm an angry person is to listen to them and to be nice to them. Arguing back and being rude only fuels the conflict and makes the situation worse.