White House Backtracks On Trump's Wiretapping Claim

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 4:00 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
It was Putin who fed Comey the email bullsh*t, via Wikileaks.

That's an interesting twist I never heard anyone bring up with before.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And Putin made use of Russian hackers who were allowed to operate, as long as they did not interfere with state business, thus the less than professional activities.

So Putin hired hackers operate like maladroit Nigerian phishing scammers as a precautionary measure. Okay.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Seriously, why is it that you conservatives are willing to side with a hostile foreign power against the US government?

I get the impression they just don't share the left's 1950's McCarthyism-like paranoid view of Russia.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Haven't you heard how Russian intelligence had been caught hacking into Yahoo? If they did that, chances are, they did this. Or do you question that?

Did they use an old phishing scam for that operation as well? And apparently they still haven't learned how to even cover their tracks yet. Russian intelligence really needs to stop using 8th grade hackers from the local middle school.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 4:55 am

EzraS wrote:
...James Comey derailed Clinton. Not Putin, Comey - according to Clinton herself. Interesting how that glaring fact has gotten completely buried under highly unlikely Putin scenarios.

Comey is an interesting player in all this. His actions during the final days of the campaign were totally inappropriate and thus far remain unexplained.

Skeptical lawmakers pressure Comey on Trump wiretap claim

Quote:
Comey met on Wednesday with the Judiciary Committee chairman, Chuck Grassley, and its top Democrat, Dianne Feinstein. A law enforcement official said the meeting was an opportunity for the senators to ask Comey about subjects that concern them, expected to center on FBI investigations of Trump and associates' Russia contacts, as well as the wiretap claim.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 4:56 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:
And Putin made use of Russian hackers who were allowed to operate, as long as they did not interfere with state business, thus the less than professional activities.

So Putin hired hackers operate like maladroit Nigerian phishing scammers as a precautionary measure. Okay.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Seriously, why is it that you conservatives are willing to side with a hostile foreign power against the US government?

I get the impression they just don't share the left's 1950's McCarthyism-like paranoid view of Russia.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Haven't you heard how Russian intelligence had been caught hacking into Yahoo? If they did that, chances are, they did this. Or do you question that?

Did they use an old phishing scam for that operation as well? And apparently they still haven't learned how to even cover their tracks yet. Russian intelligence really needs to stop using 8th grade hackers from the local middle school.

It's been found that Russian intelligence had hired hackers from Russia and Canada to hack Yahoo. The whole point of that was to try hiding behind a cutout, a practice common with intelligence agencies all over the globe. So much for the Dems not trusting Russia just being left over Cold War hysteria.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 5:32 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

It's been found that Russian intelligence had hired hackers from Russia and Canada to hack Yahoo. The whole point of that was to try hiding behind a cutout, a practice common with intelligence agencies all over the globe. So much for the Dems not trusting Russia just being left over Cold War hysteria.

Found in what way I wonder. And what's the actual evidence I wonder. I wonder if it's another connect the dots and draw a conclusion investigation. Maybe another anonymous source supplying info. They don't need much of a case for the Dems to buy into it 100%. Good thing it was Yahoo instead of something like the Pentagon or similar. Spy movies always get that stuff wrong.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:29 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Found in what way I wonder. And what's the actual evidence I wonder. I wonder if it's another connect the dots and draw a conclusion investigation. Maybe another anonymous source supplying info. They don't need much of a case for the Dems to buy into it 100%. Good thing it was Yahoo instead of something like the Pentagon or similar. Spy movies always get that stuff wrong.

Have you not been watching the news? The Canadian hacker has been arrested by Canadian authorities and will be extradited to the US, whereas the others are safely in Russia under Putin's, as they were working for him. So, no, it is not a connect the dots, draw your own conclusion bullsh*t. Seriously, you conservative types are so enamored with populist/nationalist strongmen like Putin and Trump that you'll bend over backwards to deny any evidence of wrongdoing on their part, but will buy into the most facetious crap about Obama.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 7:09 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Have you not been watching the news? The Canadian hacker has been arrested by Canadian authorities and will be extradited to the US, whereas the others are safely in Russia under Putin's, as they were working for him. So, no, it is not a connect the dots, draw your own conclusion bullsh*t. Seriously, you conservative types are so enamored with populist/nationalist strongmen like Putin and Trump that you'll bend over backwards to deny any evidence of wrongdoing on their part, but will buy into the most facetious crap about Obama.

I've been taking a little break from the news. But even still a Yahoo hack wouldn't get my attention much under normal circumstances. So I can't comment on it much by way of accumulated knowledge. But on the surface Russian intelligence on command of Putin hacking Yahoo via a Canadian, sounds a bit ludicrous. As far as conservative type goes, if the Iraq WMD nonsense was happening now, I'd be calling nonsense. I'd be aware of their lack of credible evidence and I'd be listening to the experts on the sidelines pointing out why it was nonsense. Even if it were the Great Orange Cheeto Messiah himself in W's place, I would be calling it nonsense. Now I don't know whether or not Putin hacking Yahoo is nonsense yet, but it sure sounds like it, as in I couldn't write Putin hacking Yahoo without chuckling. I'm still in bed, but I'll give it a look see sometime today. I'll be curious what the non-government computer experts on the sidelines have to say.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:09 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I've been taking a little break from the news. But even still a Yahoo hack wouldn't get my attention much under normal circumstances. So I can't comment on it much by way of accumulated knowledge. But on the surface Russian intelligence on command of Putin hacking Yahoo via a Canadian, sounds a bit ludicrous. As far as conservative type goes, if the Iraq WMD nonsense was happening now, I'd be calling nonsense. I'd be aware of their lack of credible evidence and I'd be listening to the experts on the sidelines pointing out why it was nonsense. Even if it were the Great Orange Cheeto Messiah himself in W's place, I would be calling it nonsense. Now I don't know whether or not Putin hacking Yahoo is nonsense yet, but it sure sounds like it, as in I couldn't write Putin hacking Yahoo without chuckling. I'm still in bed, but I'll give it a look see sometime today. I'll be curious what the non-government computer experts on the sidelines have to say.

The whole point of hacking Yahoo was to gain access to the accounts of Anti-Putin Russian journalists and politicians. So yes, Putin did have a genuine reason.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 10:11 pm

Weak security doesn't say much about the sophistication of the hack, Ezra. Also, to hack an email, one has to know the email address. That may also have been too easy, but again it doesn't mean the hacker had a low level of sophistication, only a low level or more.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 10:16 pm

Bill, I have started to seriously entertain the notion that some on WP actually like strongmen. It seems counter to their own survival to me, but we Aspies do tend toward the idealistic even when it risks our survival.

Putin is classic strongman, right? Trump tries his best, right? I don't understand what people like about the chest-beating and pussy-grabbing, but they clearly love it to death.

Maybe it's too simple an explanation. If the people to whom I refer don't like strongmen, then maybe show me a difference between the strongman and Putin and DJT.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 11:19 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Bill, I have started to seriously entertain the notion that some on WP actually like strongmen. It seems counter to their own survival to me, but we Aspies do tend toward the idealistic even when it risks our survival.

Putin is classic strongman, right? Trump tries his best, right? I don't understand what people like about the chest-beating and pussy-grabbing, but they clearly love it to death.

Maybe it's too simple an explanation. If the people to whom I refer don't like strongmen, then maybe show me a difference between the strongman and Putin and DJT.

I think you're right. For all that conservatives say about hating government dependence, or government interfering in their lives, it seems many at the same time want an Uber Mensch to make the crooked path straight, and to make the blind see, even if that entails issuing irresistible commands.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 4:48 pm

This boggles my mind. Sean Spicer quotes Napolitano to back up the tweets, but then acts surprised that anyone would infer that he believed what Napolitano said. I think he basically admitted that no one in the WH cares about accuracy or truth, and feels amazed that anyone would want them to.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 6:33 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
This boggles my mind. Sean Spicer quotes Napolitano to back up the tweets, but then acts surprised that anyone would infer that he believed what Napolitano said. I think he basically admitted that no one in the WH cares about accuracy or truth, and feels amazed that anyone would want them to.

I can still remember when Jon Stewart had arranged a debate between a legitimate Lincoln historian, and Napolitano, who openly despises Lincoln, and blames him for the Civil War. The debate ended after Napolitano said he hated Lincoln because he honored the fugitive slave act during the war, which the historian responded simply and decisively with: "He didn't."
So much for Napolitano.