Budweiser May Send Beer To Outer Space

Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 4:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If I were to go to a Renaissance Faire one day, I might try mead. Mead is supposed to be really sweet.

A very medieval-type drink. Made you dance around the maypole.

I find mead too sweet. It's not bad though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 12:47 pm

Maybe there are German aliens in space. :wink:

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 12:48 pm

Good, less piss water in the world. Horrid beer.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 2:02 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
Maybe there are German aliens in space. :wink:

I don't think they would consider Budweiser beer.We might piss them off,it will go badly for us.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2017, 9:15 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I've had Guinness Extra Stout both in the US and while over in Blighty. I don't care for it very much. It's very thick with a coarse flavor. I can't say for sure whether the extra stout we can get in the US and what they have over there is different because there was too much of a time gap between when I had it here and in England.
Call me a wuss but I prefer lagers and pilsners.

It's just wrong to have an IRA avatar and not like Guinness.It might even be a sin.Everybody knows it gives strength.lol
More of a cold weather drink..a cold pilsner or lager is definitely preferable on a hot day.

I like Harp and that's Irish.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:30 am

Raptor wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:
I've had Guinness Extra Stout both in the US and while over in Blighty. I don't care for it very much. It's very thick with a coarse flavor. I can't say for sure whether the extra stout we can get in the US and what they have over there is different because there was too much of a time gap between when I had it here and in England.

It's just wrong to have an IRA avatar and not like Guinness.It might even be a sin.Everybody knows it gives strength.lol
More of a cold weather drink..a cold pilsner or lager is definitely preferable on a hot day.

I like Harp and that's Irish.

Slainte.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 2:15 am

Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

My Irish brother in law swears on his mother's life that the best beer in Ireland is Beamish stout followed closely by Guinness...a good Irishman also has a bottle of Jameson tucked away somewhere to protect his "nether regions" from the cold and to make his wife's nagging more bearable

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:10 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

My Irish brother in law swears on his mother's life that the best beer in Ireland is Beamish stout followed closely by Guinness...a good Irishman also has a bottle of Jameson tucked away somewhere to protect his "nether regions" from the cold and to make his wife's nagging more bearable

I've never had Beamish,I will look for that next time I'm in a larger liquor store.Since my Irish ancestors were from Ulster I prefer Bushmills.lol The oldest distiller of the water of life.Really good in coffee,takes the chill right out of the air.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:23 pm

Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Raptor wrote:

I've never had Beamish,I will look for that next time I'm in a larger liquor store.Since my Irish ancestors were from Ulster I prefer Bushmills.lol The oldest distiller of the water of life.Really good in coffee,takes the chill right out of the air.

I don't drink anymore but "back in the day" I truly savoured the flavor of triple distilled Bushmills...also favoured the Irish Kilkenny which I can only describe as "mother's milk"...I should do a family tree as I must have an Irishman in my family line ;)

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 9:01 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
If I were to go to a Renaissance Faire one day, I might try mead. Mead is supposed to be really sweet.

Mead can vary between very sweet to quite dry. It also typically contains a lot more alcohol than most beers.

Fresh Guiness tastes like vanilla malt, only less sweet.

With beers to try out, you might want try Sam Adams lager, which is as a good example as any can be of a decent 'craft' beer. You might also want to try out Guiness Pub Droughts ( The only Guiness that comes in a can), and perhaps Mackeson's Triple Stout. FWIW, Budweiser is a very pale imitation of the REAL Budweiser, which is available here under as Czechvar. Formerly it was known as Budweiser Budvar.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 9:51 pm

^ Czechvar is a decent beer. Another favorite of mine from the Czech Republic is Pilsner Urquell.

I don't understand a word of this commercial but it always makes me want a big glass of this beer.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 3:25 am

A few random drops of beer falling on cleft paper became the opening notes to some great symphony composed in 1874?

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:45 am

so now they want to poison the rest of the universe with that trash

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 9:59 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
A few random drops of beer falling on cleft paper became the opening notes to some great symphony composed in 1874?

No, those spots on the paper are the shadows of drops of condensation on the beer glass. The old man, Bedrich Smetana, sees a pattern there and is inspired to compose Má vlast (My Country). Gotta love that kind of creativity and originality in a beer commercial . By contrast, Budweiser had a Superbowl commercial with a horse farting.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 10:06 pm

Fogman wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Mead can vary between very sweet to quite dry. It also typically contains a lot more alcohol than most beers.

Fresh Guiness tastes like vanilla malt, only less sweet.

With beers to try out, you might want try Sam Adams lager, which is as a good example as any can be of a decent 'craft' beer. You might also want to try out Guiness Pub Droughts ( The only Guiness that comes in a can), and perhaps Mackeson's Triple Stout. FWIW, Budweiser is a very pale imitation of the REAL Budweiser, which is available here under as Czechvar. Formerly it was known as Budweiser Budvar.

Krafty should get one of those Sam Adams variety packs (sold around Xmas often): like six or eight different types of Sam Adams beers in one box. Thats a good primer for the "handcraft" beer experience.