Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 10:24 am

I made a topic about pedophilia on WP.

Some people are baby-pedophiles and have an attraction to children under the age of 2.

Yo El
Toucan
Toucan

15 Mar 2017, 11:33 am

B19 wrote:
It's not taboo here. However what I have seen in the past is that threads on it tend to be too polarised for any meaningful dialogue to occur. They quickly split into two camps - one camp posting blanket dismissive scepticism and ridiculing people who have a more open attitude to the possibility, and the other camp raising questions about how we can know experience that is not grounded in the material.

So they go nowhere and just end up upsetting the targets of the sceptics, while the latter group seem often unwilling to look more deeply at the usually shallow roots of their choices to be sceptical of any phenomena which is not based in the material world.

Scepticism and hardline materialism can be seen as a belief system, though sceptics tend to take the dogmatic view that "fact is fact and that is that" rather than discuss things at a more complex level. I would be delighted to see that complexity happen, but I wouldn't put money on the probability of it happening here, (not even ten cents).
Well it can be amusing nonetheless. :lol:

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:20 pm

Are pedophiles (those attracted to children but haven't committed a crime) mentally ill or just criminals? Do you think it can be treated? Discuss

(Inspired by a louis theroux documentary)

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:42 pm

Excellent. This is the kind of thing I wish to discuss in open public discourse. I have actually read «confessions of a pedophile» and have learned some interesting things, one being that the media falsely defines attraction to teenagers as pedophilia, when in fact there are actually different words for different age-groups of attraction. Unfortunately, I forgot where I read it as it had been maybe over a year or two ago, without any book-marks, but there's apparently a different name for attraction to age-groups of 12 and older (and let's not forget that, according to some history books, people used to get paired together and married at around age 12 due to life-expectancies being very low, people living only to around 30 years old).

Anyway, pedophiles are of an attraction to something like 9 and younger or something like that, then there's another category, similar to pedophilia but not actually called pedophilia, for the pre-teen age, then another name for adults being attracted to teenagers (probably true of a lot of adult virgin-autistics), etc.

Anyway, confessors who have confessed to having an attraction to children or teenagers or whatever, have written that they love children, and actually do have an attraction to them, but would never actually act on their impulses. Even they in fact, are themselves sickened and get upset when they hear of any child having been abused, but if a child was actually wanting to explore their sexuality (whether with an adult or other children), then it would be considered willing and consentual, provided the child was not abused (according to The Messiah's writings, how-ever, I think he wrote stuff regarding children that it is better not to send the wrong signals or message to the youths, particularly with fathers upon daughters or mothers upon sons, that daughters need to know that they can feel safe with their fathers from intrusion [also that he wrote about how there are many fathers who force themselves upon their daughters in an act of disgrace]).

What else, yes, The Messiah also wrote about how, when taking a partner, the man should not take anyone younger than half his age. Anyway, for the case of those with attractions (whether they act on them or not), I think leans closer to what is termed mental-illness, but for those who are attracted to abusing the helpless, that is most certainly a severe kind of derangement that becomes criminality. What should be done about abusers ?

A lot of people in the world who have looked into PedoGate, and have seen/witnessed the «evidence» presented of child sexual-abuse and exploitation, have what the «main-stream» declares as a «witch-hunt» mentality, claiming that alternate-news about the pedophilia sex-trafficking rings is fake and destroys real lives of real people (despite the fact that there have been many child sex-trafficking operations investigated and busted all over the world with hundreds upon hundreds of arrests including in several parts of the U.S. but most of the U.S. government either does not take it seriously or considers it to be non-existent; whistle-blowers, how-ever, have indicated that pedophilia sex-trafficking exists in every state of the U.S.), because it actually is a witch-hunt mentality if you see how «irate» much of the world gets (well, just pull up whatever PedoGate videos show up in search-results, then read the comments below those videos to see for yourself how the researchers/viewers/public feels about wanting to mutilate pedophiles).

I most certainly do not condone any form of child-abuse, but at the same time, I would be hesitant to do anything violent or brutal to even those who are abusive, for it worries me that I would then be no better than just another child abuser (regardless of whether the one being punished is considered to be an adult or not). I believe that everybody can be rehabilitated, just that it takes longer for some to be rehabilited than others, but I also know for a fact that none will escape their «karmic fate» to be abused similarly by others in the future as they have done similar abuses to others. I think this is a great topic to discuss and talk about that does fall into taboo-category.

Alliekit wrote:
Are pedophiles (those attracted to children but haven't committed a crime) mentally ill or just criminals? Do you think it can be treated? Discuss

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:57 pm

Pedophiles aren't criminals until they have actually molested somebody.

Thoughts are not crimes.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 2:11 pm

Alliekit wrote:

Thats a good question. And..the subject of "what should society do about folks who....happened to be sexually attracted to children?" would make a good thread PPR thread topic. And its something I have wondered about long.

If you woke up one day and found yourself sexually attracted to pre teen children, and no longer to adults (same or opposite sex) what would do?

Are folks who are that way "mentally ill"? That gets into the thorny subject of what is "mentally ill".

Pedophiles have the urge, but only a subset of pedophiles act on the urge and become child molesters.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 2:18 pm

I don't believe anybody should be treated like a criminal until that somebody commits a criminal act.

We should get to the bottom of why certain people are attracted to pre-teen children.

I really get the feeling that some sort of "dominant" relationship is desired by pedophiles.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 3:58 pm

androbot01 wrote:

I think it is a topic that needs to be discussed. Most pregnancies of Down's syndrome babies are terminated once the abnormality is discovered. I think it will be the same for autistic people when genetic testing becomes available. Talk of encouraging acceptance will be moot then.

I had an equally scary thought though when a guy at work with an autistic son insists, in his opinion, that it's all the wireless signals and that the US and UK has a high correlation of both autism diagnosis and wi-fi.

While I seriously doubt it's anything that simple I do wonder if parents, these days, would do something as inconvenient - for their kids - as manually plug their devices in.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:17 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Alliekit wrote:

Thats a good question. And..the subject of "what should society do about folks who....happened to be sexually attracted to children?" would make a good thread PPR thread topic. And its something I have wondered about long.

If you woke up one day and found yourself sexually attracted to pre teen children, and no longer to adults (same or opposite sex) what would do?

Are folks who are that way "mentally ill"? That gets into the thorny subject of what is "mentally ill".

Pedophiles have the urge, but only a subset of pedophiles act on the urge and become child molesters.

Then you have to ask yourself, do I accept the sexual-attraction-is-fixed dogma?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 5:40 am

I think what's helpful on the last topic is to think a bit on the consequences of such action and ask who on earth would want that situation, in the literal outward sense of being in jail and having most of the building (and those outside of it) wanting to kill them, the recommendation of chemical castration, and without that a nagging unanswered urge to do something that will bring the first or at least recommend the second.

Seems like a lot of these people have either developmental problems, child traumas at just the right spot of the timeline, I'm really guessing some combination of both, to be placed on this trajectory. If it's from being abused as a child good luck to them at finding fluidity. If they're simply a very woefully misguided adult without the intelligence or self-awareness to answer to where that puts them and what the consequences generally are - that's not something they can generally fix either and I'm starting to wonder with respect to willful blindness, if someone goes down that track, what did they have in them to allow that to take successfully? I already deeply doubt anything other than determinism and 'free will' just seems to imply that legally, socially, etc. to regulate society we're forced to hold the individual accountable for their actions to a greater or lesser degree whether they can help them or not.

But yeah, the evidence here doesn't seem to suggest fluidity.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin