Can't get past how two-faced people are.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Mar 2017, 1:25 pm

I was going to go to prom alone last year, but a friend I've known since I was a child offered to go with me. I was grateful, even though we were more just family friends and didn't know each other that well... Then, at the prom, she got all bitchy about some girl she didn't like who was there, because apparently she gave her teachers trophies for being "a part of her journey", (they were both Seniors then.)

So then she's like, "I have to go say hi to her, ugh" and I was so confused because I looked over and they were being so friendly to each other! Then some kids I know started talking trash about this girl for being pretentious a bit later. All these kids were in the intellectual, non-Christian academic circle my family is in. The girl they talked about was a bit pretentious, but for the love of God, why couldn't they accept that she just had her flaws like anyone else? She was fine to me, she seemed nice, maybe she was kind of pretentious, but come on, do we have to hate someone because they're not perfect?

There's another girl at school who's seems fine and well-liked and maybe she looks kind of funny but a girl I'm kind of friends with said she did all these creepy things, then admitted, "I don't know if it's true."

My friend also talked about this weird thing another well-liked girl at school did. Maybe talking behind kids' backs doesn't mean you don't like them? But why do we have to do it?

I know that I have plenty for people to talk about, when I wish they would just let it go. But I can't let it go. I have no idea if kids like me or if they're just being polite.

How two-faced are people anyways?

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 12:51 pm

What do you mean by two faced people? That doesn't make any sense to me and never heard of that word before.

Gardiad
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Mar 2017, 1:08 pm

Corny wrote:
What do you mean by two faced people? That doesn't make any sense to me and never heard of that word before.

It means they act one way infront of one person and a different way infront of another, often it's used in the sense that they will insult someone to you but act like the best of friends to that person themselves.

Relating to the main thread I have that feeling all the time of, do they really like me or do they say stuff behind my back and it feels almost impossible to not care. I have never really understood gossiping even with famous people it's kind of information sharing in a very... unfriendly way I think it's because rumours and speculation tend to be more fun than reality.

Five six seven, open up the pearly gates
Ain't no time to wonder why
Whoopee we all gonna die.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:13 pm

Gardiad wrote:
Corny wrote:

It means they act one way infront of one person and a different way infront of another, often it's used in the sense that they will insult someone to you but act like the best of friends to that person themselves.

Relating to the main thread I have that feeling all the time of, do they really like me or do they say stuff behind my back and it feels almost impossible to not care. I have never really understood gossiping even with famous people it's kind of information sharing in a very... unfriendly way I think it's because rumours and speculation tend to be more fun than reality.

Yes I feel the same way with you. And I'm glad you told me what it means because I know know what you and her are talking about. But I do feel the same way. Because in my classroom some kids like talking to me or maybe act like they do. But from what I heard. They sometimes make fun of me when I don't know it. And do sometimes though teasing me. And is this what you meant?

Gardiad
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Mar 2017, 1:21 pm

Corny wrote:
Gardiad wrote:
Corny wrote:

Yes I feel the same way with you. And I'm glad you told me what it means because I know know what you and her are talking about. But I do feel the same way. Because in my classroom some kids like talking to me or maybe act like they do. But from what I heard. They sometimes make fun of me when I don't know it. And do sometimes though teasing me. And is this what you meant?

Yes this is what I meant, it's a good word to use for people in the situation, sometimes it's important to know that not all teasing is meant in a mean way my friends and I tease each other a lot, it is sometimes hard to realise if it's really them being mean but most of the time it's not.

Although if it is meant in a mean way it's best not to react, the adult in me would say tell them to stop but in school it's not so easy.

Five six seven, open up the pearly gates
Ain't no time to wonder why
Whoopee we all gonna die.