Page 6 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 11:01 pm

A checklist of preferences often falls by the wayside when you meet the right person. People don't truly know what they want until they find it.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 6:26 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
A checklist of preferences often falls by the wayside when you meet the right person. People don't truly know what they want until they find it.

Couldn't agree with this more!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 10:36 am

Sabreclaw wrote:

That's basically the difference between online dating and offline.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 10:42 am

Jacoby wrote:
people that prefer tallness are just bad people is all :roll: :P

i respect the 'preference' for height like I respect the 'preferences' for other things people can't change like skin color

It's one of those funny things. Everyone will respect all kinds of preferences which people exercise. When people start talking about and trying to rationalize that stuff it gets icky fast. Anyone should just date whoever and as many people as they want, but if their preferences involve hot topics then they risk sounding like a total douche if they talk about it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 8:38 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:

This, I know in the past I've pictured what my ideal S.O would look like or how he would be...but I never made it into a checklist a guy has to fit every point on to be datable. I didn't necessarily picture a guy with a big red beard who's on the chubbier side as the specific thing I was seeking out, but thats who I met and fell in love with so yeah. I've been attracted to skinny guys, chubbier guys, guys with dark hair, guys with light hair, guys with freckles, guys without freckles, guys with different colored eyes and guys with different skin tones, tall guys, short guys, guys with facial hair and guys who shave it.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2017, 8:44 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
people that prefer tallness are just bad people is all :roll: :P

i respect the 'preference' for height like I respect the 'preferences' for other things people can't change like skin color

It's one of those funny things. Everyone will respect all kinds of preferences which people exercise. When people start talking about and trying to rationalize that stuff it gets icky fast. Anyone should just date whoever and as many people as they want, but if their preferences involve hot topics then they risk sounding like a total douche if they talk about it.

Yeah, also whilst I don't expect to tell anyone who to date....I certainly cannot say I would find it 'respectable' if their reason for turning someone down is racism for instance. If you don't find someone of a particular race attractive cool, you probably don't want to continue on to generalize that everyone of that race as 'unattractive'. Because then you start sounding like a real dick when you start mocking peoples racial features and even if your not a racist you'll certainly sound like one.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 7:32 am

Hey, it's hard being a tall guy too. Do you know how rare it is for me to find a girl who's the same height as me?

(yes I'm joking)

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 7:48 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Hey, it's hard being a tall guy too. Do you know how rare it is for me to find a girl who's the same height as me?

(yes I'm joking)

It actually is rare finding a woman who's my height. I'm nothing exceptional, but the average woman is well below me in height. It's kind of a pity, since I actually like tall, sturdy, strong looking women quite a bit, though I'd never have the nerve to ask one out; they're way, way out of my league.

It really isn't a big deal though. I have quite a broad range of what I consider attractive, and as I've said in the past, attraction can be developed over time, plus preferences aren't set in stone anyway.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 2:54 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

(yes I'm joking)

Sorry, but that sounded more like a sarcastic put me down joke than an actual attempt at being funny joke.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 3:25 am

ZachGoodwin wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

(yes I'm joking)
Sorry, but that sounded more like a sarcastic put me down joke than an actual attempt at being funny joke.
I had to add "(yes I'm joking)" after Peacesells took my joke on another thread literally.

But I'll admit it wasn't a nice thing for me to say. I apologise.

Julu
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2017, 3:38 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Women are also socialized sometimes to be 'attracted' to certain things to, like they think they should be attracted to tall men or should be attracted to this or that so they portray that. But I think a lot of times when they actually fall in love they find those traits they were 'supposed' to find attractive over others aren't so important after all.

This! Even when I was a teen I used to say I liked tall guys, but in reality (and hindsight) I really don't :lol:
I mean when I think of every guy (not that there have been many..) I've been with or become attracted to, they have pretty much all been my height or a little shorter. I'm quite tall (and lanky) for a girl, with long legs, so sometimes I think it's like a unconscious genetic thing that I would not be attracted to another tall person. My boyfriend now is a few inches taller than me, but he has a long torso and shorter legs :D .

If you fall for someone it doesn't matter how tall they are, but I guess because society tells us that couples where the woman is taller than the man 'look weird', people get self conscious. But not all women care about societal norms, and if they're so shallow that they can't look past height then why would you want to be with them anyway? :wink:

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 1:58 am

To be fair, tall women have a disadvantage aswell, even though it's easier for women in general because of the gender dynamic.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 2:24 am

Closet Genious wrote:
To be fair, tall women have a disadvantage aswell, even though it's easier for women in general because of the gender dynamic.
I don't speak for all men but I find tall women to be very attractive. To me tall women are graceful and elegant. The other reason is that I'd like to be able to kiss a woman without stooping first.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Mar 2017, 6:58 am

Unless you're like Lurch I don't think height is ever a disadvantage, man or woman.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2017, 7:10 am

Jacoby wrote:
Unless you're like Lurch I don't think height is ever a disadvantage, man or woman.
I wouldn't think so either but I've heard girls complain they're too tall. I think it's quite unfortunate. They should learn to feel good about themselves.

I've heard 5'6 girls wanting to be 5'9 and 5'9 girls wanting to be 5'6. Suffice to say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

28 Mar 2017, 7:17 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
I wouldn't think so either but I've heard girls complain they're too tall. I think it's quite unfortunate. They should learn to feel good about themselves.

I've heard 5'6 girls wanting to be 5'9 and 5'9 girls wanting to be 5'6. Suffice to say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

I wouldn't take their complaints seriously