Page 3 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 12:35 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
and so you wouldn't actively seek for guys from 5ft7 to 5ft9, so you are dismissing millions of guys just because of that. Not actively seeking them = means that you don't find them attractive; it means that they lack something significant for you and they have to compensate it with other traits to impress you.
Let's be honest on that.

Wow Alliekit, and you who were butthurt on that other guy because he wouldn't date a woman little fatter than him.

Sorry, I shall lecture this on you too:

Quote:
"So you are 5'7, but a man who is 5'7 to 5'9 is way too short for you? Maybe you should make sure you yourself have a perfect body type before you decide men are un-datable if they aren't at least three more inches than you.".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This thread is explosive, can't you see your own double standard? Seriously seriously Alliekit and Sweeleaft, hear me well:

When next time a guy says he won't date a woman little fatter than him, don't feel butthurt, Ok? You don't have the moral right to even criticize him because you are no better.

What are you on about I never said that? Either of those things. I would happily date a guy that was 5ft7. Also that quote isn't mine

Don't accuse me of a double standard when there is not one. Makes you look like your jumping to conclusions (pshh let me tell you a secret you are). Are you that insecure yu need to make up things I didn't say?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:15 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
and so you wouldn't actively seek for guys from 5ft7 to 5ft9, so you are dismissing millions of guys just because of that. Not actively seeking them = means that you don't find them attractive; it means that they lack something significant for you and they have to compensate it with other traits to impress you.
Let's be honest on that.

Wow Alliekit, and you who were butthurt on that other guy because he wouldn't date a woman little fatter than him.

Quote:
"So you are 5'7, but a man who is 5'7 to 5'9 is way too short for you? Maybe you should make sure you yourself have a perfect body type before you decide men are un-datable if they aren't at least three more inches than you.".

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This thread is explosive, can't you see your own double standard? Seriously seriously Alliekit and Sweeleaft, hear me well:

When next time a guy says he won't date a woman little fatter than him, don't feel butthurt, Ok? You don't have the moral right to even criticize him because you are no better.

oh my god hahaahahaahahah i just realised you thought my example was my personal opinion. Apologies if i didnt explain myself well i just picked a number off the top of my head. What i meant is that i would not specify height, like I wouldnt be like "seeking guy shorter than me" (disclaimer this is my personal opinion).

either way though I never said i wouldnt date a short guy just wouldnt actively seek it. Not the same thing as some guys were who were saying they wouldnt date a big no matter what.

Even then i never took issue with guys not being attracted to bigger girls (which is normal and that persons choice). I took issue with them being categorised as a "step down" even if they had loads of other good points.

Last edited by Alliekit on 16 Mar 2017, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:17 pm

Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Let's be honest on that.

Quote:

What are you on about I never said that? Either of those things. I would happily date a guy that was 5ft7. Also that quote isn't mine

Don't accuse me of a double standard when there is not one. Makes you look like your jumping to conclusions (pshh let me tell you a secret you are). Are you that insecure yu need to make up things I didn't say?

All this was said in this context, your own words:
Quote:
Also I never said I wouldn't be attracted to a shorter guy just wouldn't be like "seeking guy under 6ft". Intelligence, humor and attractiveness would be enough for me not to be put off by height.

In other term, 5'7 to 5'9 guys are less attractive to you than 6+ despite you're being 5'7.

Hence why I lectured you the Sweetleaf words.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:18 pm

Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Let's be honest on that.

Quote:

oh my god hahaahahaahahah i just realised you thought my example was my personal opinion. Apologies if i didnt explain myself well i just picked a number off the top of my head. What i meant is that i would not specify height, like I wouldnt be like "seeking guy shorter than me" (disclaimer this is my personal opinion).

either way though I never said i wouldnt date a short guy just wouldnt actively seek it. Not the same thing as some guys were who were saying they wouldnt date a big no matter what.

Even then i never took issue with guys not being attracted to bigger girls (which is normal and that persons choice). I took issue with them being categorised as a "step down" even if they had loads of other good points.

It was a slip of the tongue from you, :shameonyou: :shameonyou:

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:20 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Let's be honest on that.

Quote:

Quote:
Also I never said I wouldn't be attracted to a shorter guy just wouldn't be like "seeking guy under 6ft". Intelligence, humor and attractiveness would be enough for me not to be put off by height.

In other term, 5'7 to 5'9 guys are less attractive to you than 6+ despite you're being 5'7.

I never said that was my opinion I just picked a random height as an example my fiance is 5ft11 so that isnt the case.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:22 pm

I genuinely think it is awful that short men can be viewed as lesser, the same way I feel about fat girls. No on should be viewed as lesser or a settle. I would rather spend the rest of my life alone than be with someone who settled for me because im better than that. Do you guys feel like that with your height?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 2:25 pm

Sometime World wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Let's be honest on that.

Quote:

The more you argue with women the less intelligent you get. :wink:

Some of these female posters reminds me of Emilia Clarke, who recently said she preferred men with dad bodies.

This is pretty much her way of trying to defeat the AWALT stereotype. It's her way of trying to appear like a sophisticated woman who isn't like the rest. "I am not like THOSE women who go for tall, buff, masculine alpha types, I am smart so I go for smart men with brains instead of brawn because I am such a smart sophisticated woman".

BS. It's her trying to market herself as "better" than other women, and to cleverly elevate her popularity as an actress. She was probably told to say it by her manager, in fact.

If you hear women talking like this, ignore it and know they are full of ****. How many times have you heard it from women. "I want a man who is nice, caring, sweet, a gentleman, a good guy, someone who is there for me and emotional. I don't care if he's skinny, short [insert any other negative physical attribute]". Then they flick their beans at a tall, buff muscled alpha in the bar, workplace or on Tinder and OKCupid, only ignoring -- or even abusing -- the soft-bodied, shorter, "nice guys".

I've heard that from just about every woman I've come across in my life. That the way to get a woman isn't to be a muscular in shape masculine alpha, but to be a nice sweet caring emotional nice guy. We all learned, most of us the hard way, that its all 100% BS. This is no different. Lift, eat right, stay in shape. No matter how many times you hear it, and how many articles you see online about how women are attracted to the soft, low-muscled dad bod, ignore it all.

P.S Emilia Clarkes ex boyfriends all look tall, in shape and handsome.

wow you sound like a catch :roll:

JaredGTALover
Toucan
Toucan

16 Mar 2017, 2:53 pm

i cannot imagine that being done to people with aspergers Children,Teen or Adult.

Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
I have to say I've never come across this problem. Guys shorter than me just seem put off by my height.

I wouldn't actively seek a guy shorter than me simply because i like tucking underneath my fiances arm while we are walking. But then again I wouldn't dismiss a short guy, I'd give him a chance. My problem is that I don't wanna feel like a giant.

They are put off by your height because you obviously aren't attracted to them - as you mentioned just right in your second paragraph. Karma effect. And we men also can sense 'attitudes'.

I for example, don't care if a woman is taller than me, but since apparently 99% of your gender do care, and obsessively too, so I am kinda forced not to actively seek for someone taller.

Karma effect? Also I never said I wouldn't be attracted to a shorter guy just wouldn't be like "seeking guy under 6ft". Intelligence, humor and attractiveness would be enough for me not to be put off by height.

I have met a few guys who have that short man syndrome, like the whole world is against them because they are short and that puts me off. My old housemate was short though (5ft2") and was pretty chill. He was really artsy and intelligent so was always popular. His current girlfriend is a girl friend is pretty lanky.

But if they don't want to date a taller girl then no problem :) I hope they find a girl right for them

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 3:10 pm

Napoleon was around 5'6", which was average or above average height for a French man of that era. It's just one of several inaccurate things they "taught" kids in school, like Columbus being the first European to sail to North America or Vikings wearing horns.

I'm not happy about the lack of horns on Vikings because they look so cool, but I digress. I really don't have a problem with anyone's height, although I'm fairly tall for an adult woman so shorter people seem to be always be asking me to get things for them off of shelves. :)

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 3:40 pm

creativesoul wrote:
Last summer, I was offended when one of my female acquaintances suggested a guy for me and when I asked her how tall he was, she said that he was about my height. Then I told her that I didn't like short guys. But she responded by saying that I wasn't tall, either. I know but I am about 5'3 with sneakers and I don't have to like a guy who is about my height. It's very irritating. I was quite annoyed by my acquaintance's suggestion.

My ideal guy has to be taller by 6 or more inches but hopefully not more than 10 inches. That could be annoying, too.

Actually, I saw a guy I liked last summer who was perfectly height proportionate to me. I was sitting down and when I looked up, I caught eyes with a perfect looking Teddy Bear of medium size. Obviously, he must have been checking me out....Alas, I was too shy and looked away. Then I tried to find him but he ran upstairs. Later he came back downstairs and went to the book and gift store. I sent in an acquaintance to ask him if he was single but he disappeared before she had a chance to talk to him. I wish I had had the courage to talk to him myself. I plan to go back to the same place so maybe we will meet again. :heart:

So you didn't even bother to meet the guy or inquire about his personality and looks aside from height, you decided simply based on his height alone you don't like him and even found it irritating your friend would have the 'audacity' to suggest him. I really cannot understand seeing height as the most important feature of a person...what about personality, their looks aside from height, if you feel comfortable around them, having some common interests and things like that? Just seems so very shallow...

And so if you were on a date with a guy, and found yourself getting on really well with him and found him attractive.....but then during casual dinner conversation you find out he's actually only 3 to 4 inches taller than you, what would you do? would you reject him because he doesn't have the required 6 inches on you?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 3:49 pm

Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Let's be honest on that.

Quote:

Quote:

I never said that was my opinion I just picked a random height as an example my fiance is 5ft11 so that isnt the case.

It was Freudian slip of the tongue from you, I just know it. :shameonyou: :shameonyou:

/BooMode

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 4:21 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
would you reject him because he doesn't have the required 6 inches on you?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 5:14 pm

[MOD]

Please refrain from accusing others of being a troll. If you have such concerns, please bring it to a moderator.

Also, we do not allow negative generalizations targeting at an entire sex. Knock it off.

Thanks.

[/MOD]

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 5:19 pm

I wouldn't disregard yourself if you are somewhat overweight or anything like that, because I've seen some women in my college that were overweight and looked very beautiful either way because of their weight. In fact, just because the body type is not an hourglass figure, does not mean she can't be very attractive. There was this softball player who told me what time it was, and she looked amazing as ever... She had a slouchy back like me, and her face was so very beautiful. Her make-up made her look amazing, and she was not as short as the other girls. Probably around 5'9" or 5'8", but anyway, it was a girl who I met in college, and I liked her.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 5:47 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
would you reject him because he doesn't have the required 6 inches on you?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

6 inches are about 15 cm, right? I am going to measure it on its peak to see if I pass.

/CockMindMode

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 5:51 pm

What we need is something like Davy Crockett's buck scoring system, which takes into account not only length, but other crucial factors like girth, bend, and the size of the ridge along the glans.