Page 4 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 5:51 pm

What we need is something like Davy Crockett's buck scoring system, which takes into account not only length, but other crucial factors like girth, bend, and the size of the ridge along the glans.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 5:51 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
creativesoul wrote:
Last summer, I was offended when one of my female acquaintances suggested a guy for me and when I asked her how tall he was, she said that he was about my height. Then I told her that I didn't like short guys. But she responded by saying that I wasn't tall, either. I know but I am about 5'3 with sneakers and I don't have to like a guy who is about my height. It's very irritating. I was quite annoyed by my acquaintance's suggestion.

My ideal guy has to be taller by 6 or more inches but hopefully not more than 10 inches. That could be annoying, too.

Actually, I saw a guy I liked last summer who was perfectly height proportionate to me. I was sitting down and when I looked up, I caught eyes with a perfect looking Teddy Bear of medium size. Obviously, he must have been checking me out....Alas, I was too shy and looked away. Then I tried to find him but he ran upstairs. Later he came back downstairs and went to the book and gift store. I sent in an acquaintance to ask him if he was single but he disappeared before she had a chance to talk to him. I wish I had had the courage to talk to him myself. I plan to go back to the same place so maybe we will meet again. :heart:

So you didn't even bother to meet the guy or inquire about his personality and looks aside from height, you decided simply based on his height alone you don't like him and even found it irritating your friend would have the 'audacity' to suggest him. I really cannot understand seeing height as the most important feature of a person...what about personality, their looks aside from height, if you feel comfortable around them, having some common interests and things like that? Just seems so very shallow...

And so if you were on a date with a guy, and found yourself getting on really well with him and found him attractive.....but then during casual dinner conversation you find out he's actually only 3 to 4 inches taller than you, what would you do? would you reject him because he doesn't have the required 6 inches on you?

Peacesells, this post is a WP miracle!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 5:56 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
What we need is something like Davy Crockett's buck scoring system, which takes into account not only length, but other crucial factors like girth, bend, and the size of the ridge along the glans.

That sounds complicated, maybe I should use pâte à modeler?

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 5:58 pm

Marzipan, for Mars.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:01 pm

It will be a masterpiece, I am sure, I may sell it on ebay.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:08 pm

I'm fully in favor of legal prosthetution, so go for it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:16 pm

I invite you to put the first bid.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:18 pm

Not to my taste, sorry. I thought it would make a nice gift for someone special, or perhaps decoration for a wedding cake.

For the record, mine has already been immortalized in all it's glory in a painting. The canvas is about 40" high, and it hung (or stood) at my church for a while. It's rendered behind bars, as part of a diptych with a yoni. The artist was quite short, he said in a random attempt to get the thread back on track, and she preferred to date shorter guys, but taller girls.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:29 pm

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:30 pm

Well, just sayin'.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:37 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
would you reject him because he doesn't have the required 6 inches on you?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I don't understand what your emoticon means in response to my post...

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:43 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
creativesoul wrote:
Last summer, I was offended when one of my female acquaintances suggested a guy for me and when I asked her how tall he was, she said that he was about my height. Then I told her that I didn't like short guys. But she responded by saying that I wasn't tall, either. I know but I am about 5'3 with sneakers and I don't have to like a guy who is about my height. It's very irritating. I was quite annoyed by my acquaintance's suggestion.

My ideal guy has to be taller by 6 or more inches but hopefully not more than 10 inches. That could be annoying, too.

Actually, I saw a guy I liked last summer who was perfectly height proportionate to me. I was sitting down and when I looked up, I caught eyes with a perfect looking Teddy Bear of medium size. Obviously, he must have been checking me out....Alas, I was too shy and looked away. Then I tried to find him but he ran upstairs. Later he came back downstairs and went to the book and gift store. I sent in an acquaintance to ask him if he was single but he disappeared before she had a chance to talk to him. I wish I had had the courage to talk to him myself. I plan to go back to the same place so maybe we will meet again. :heart:

So you didn't even bother to meet the guy or inquire about his personality and looks aside from height, you decided simply based on his height alone you don't like him and even found it irritating your friend would have the 'audacity' to suggest him. I really cannot understand seeing height as the most important feature of a person...what about personality, their looks aside from height, if you feel comfortable around them, having some common interests and things like that? Just seems so very shallow...

And so if you were on a date with a guy, and found yourself getting on really well with him and found him attractive.....but then during casual dinner conversation you find out he's actually only 3 to 4 inches taller than you, what would you do? would you reject him because he doesn't have the required 6 inches on you?

I don't see how, its not like this is the first time I've said I think being a stickler about height is shallow. I'm shorter than average and its not like its never gotten a negative comments about it, yes short females also get made fun of sometimes to. Granted 5' 7" hardly seems short.

Also I don't need a snarky/sarcastic response every time I post an opinion of mine.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 16 Mar 2017, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 6:45 pm

As long as they're frowning upon it, enthusiastically... he said, vainly trying to at least get the thread back on an amusing off-track.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 3:48 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

A very unsolicited miracle. But still nice to read stuff like that once in a while.
Sweetleaf wrote:

Nothing, just a p**is joke.

qFox
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Mar 2017, 3:40 pm

The reality is that the standards of women is almost universal. A tall guy will always be seen as superior by the vast majority of the women. It is the same for being thin, having muscles, being confident, etc.

Men are the more experimental sex. Some men like thin women, other like chubby women. Some like short women, other like tall women. Some like shy women, other like confident women. The list goes on.

Exceptions always exist, but this is the general trend. The reason why it is this way is very simple, it's nature. A woman can get pregnant from only one man so she needs to make sure it's someone with high genetic quality. Our brains haven't evolved that much so humans can't help to see tall men as more attractive than for example intelligent men, despite the latter being much more important for human progress at this point. In nature men aren't the ones taking risk when being attracted to a woman with some quirks, so it is obvious we are less critical of these aspects.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2017, 6:59 pm

Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

A very unsolicited miracle. But still nice to read stuff like that once in a while.
Sweetleaf wrote:

Nothing, just a p**is joke.

Well then I suppose I missed the joke... :oops: