New here! Feeling unsure about everything!

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

wendylaine
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2017, 8:08 pm

I have no idea what I am doing. I am honestly not even 100% sure my daughter is on the spectrum. Can't afford testing when a diagnoses isn't really going to do anything to help her anyways. Sometimes I am SO sure she is and other times I wonder if is just me. She is usually fine in school, but I can hardly deal with her at all at home! I am so frustrated and then embarrassed that I can't seem to handle a almost 6 year old! Please help me!! !

NotThatClever13
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Mar 2017, 10:33 am

wendylaine wrote:
I have no idea what I am doing. I am honestly not even 100% sure my daughter is on the spectrum. Can't afford testing when a diagnoses isn't really going to do anything to help her anyways. Sometimes I am SO sure she is and other times I wonder if is just me. She is usually fine in school, but I can hardly deal with her at all at home! I am so frustrated and then embarrassed that I can't seem to handle a almost 6 year old! Please help me!! !

It's unfortunate the healthcare system in the US doesn't allow everyone access so they can get the help they need. Pretty sure I can't help you but from my own personal experience I had some problems in school too but by the time I got home I was totally worn out. That would lead to meltdowns etc making me impossible to deal with at times. Could this be what is happening in the case of your daughter? Only you can be sure.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:48 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

There is a Parents' Discussion forum here on Wrong Planet where you can ask other parents questions related to parenting children who have AS.

Last edited by AnonymousAnonymous on 15 Mar 2017, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corny
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 1:50 pm

I saw a online quiz you take take to see if possibly you have autism or asperger's. It's obviously online and not 100% accurate but it could give you a idea if your daughter might be on the spectrum or not. I would take it and answer the questions from your knowledge of your daugher and see if she might have it or not. And here's the link to the online quiz.https://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm