What makes someone unattractive?

Page 1 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 6:02 am

I saw this interesting article n thought that it may help some people understand why they may be struggling. Alot of things here are things that make sense to me and there's been research into it so I hope it helps :)

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style ... ebook-post

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 6:10 am

They forgot the physical attributes, like being born short or overweight.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:14 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
They forgot the physical attributes, like being born short or overweight.

Likely because those ones are obvious

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:25 am

The sleep one is a physical one, no?
I imagine if you look sleep deprived you just look ill, so no ones gonna find that attractive which is pretty obvious. Unless you like those people who look tired on purpose to seem cool cause they don't give a f**k about anything.

Being mean, well I guess that applies if you're trying to attract some soft arse of a partner. The subcultures I hang around in the more mean/threatening you look the better. xD

Quote:
The "power pose" is a controversial topic in the scientific community. A 2010 study found that expanding your body can make you feel more powerful and confident, but one of its authors recently said the effects aren't real.

All that comes to mind is this:

bahaha they look so silly, especially the first a***hole.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 7:57 am

Lunella wrote:
The sleep one is a physical one, no?
I imagine if you look sleep deprived you just look ill, so no ones gonna find that attractive which is pretty obvious. Unless you like those people who look tired on purpose to seem cool cause they don't give a f**k about anything.

Being mean, well I guess that applies if you're trying to attract some soft arse of a partner. The subcultures I hang around in the more mean/threatening you look the better. xD

Quote:
The "power pose" is a controversial topic in the scientific community. A 2010 study found that expanding your body can make you feel more powerful and confident, but one of its authors recently said the effects aren't real.

The first guys power stance fails because of the placement of his feet. They are turned in making him look insecure. Plus the faces don't help

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:07 am

They remind me of this

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2017, 8:26 am

^ hahaha true.

And yeah agreed, the first one just looks ridiculously bad. I reckon someone has made them do that and told them it'll make them come across as confident but hugely backfired. Wouldn't be surprised if the Independent put that in the article as a little dig at this particular thing, lol

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 1:31 pm

Lunella wrote:
Quote:

First guy looks ridicilous. He's trying to project confidence, but winds up projecting "has to pee badly.". The lady looks exactly like what I would expect an upper middle-age woman with no training trying to assume a boxing stance to look like. Third guys looks distracted and indecisive (he's looking one way, but his feet are pointing almost the opposite direction, as though whe wants to leave right now, but can't). The man in the black and white photo actually pulls it off rather well.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 7:29 pm

Making yourself look bigger than you really are is a common tactic among animals to scare off potential predators.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 7:38 pm

A person with a big ego.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 8:35 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
A person with a big ego.

I'm now officially a king...

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 8:47 pm

Okay it's bugging me that for the most part nobody knows the people in the power pose image.
From left to right - Former chancellor George Osborne, former Prime Minister David Cameron, current PM Theresa May, former PM and now a global ambassador Tony Blaire.

*exhales*

ShadowProphet
Toucan
Toucan

16 Mar 2017, 10:10 pm

Physical Attributes

-Someone who looks like a slob. Doesn't comb their hair, brush their teeth, wears baggy clothes, looks like trash.
-If you're a man, being scrawny. Small girls are considered cute and feminine yet small guys are seen as weak.
-Being overweight
-Slouched posture
-Unkempt facial hair
-Bad haircut
-For men, being really short.
-For women, being really tall.
-Bad skin

Non-Physical Attributes

-Doesn't speak with confidence
-Poor communication skills
-Has no passion or desire in life
-Has no ambitions
-Unable to support themselves.
-Mean-spirited
-Coming off as creepy.
-Is afraid at looking people in the eyes.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 10:50 pm

Who would like to admit they like someone who is cocky and mean?

Not many would, some may even convince themselves it is the case but sometimes peoples experiences contradict it.

I am not saying I am right. But we cannot let a few words disapprove what people have experienced. Words are easy. The fact is as much as you can understand your own preferences, you are going to see people who are not the nicest get girls.

Last edited by Shahunshah on 17 Mar 2017, 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ZachGoodwin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 11:04 pm

There are women that can be as racist, homophobic, sexist, and mean as much as men. There is no badge of honor or badge that declares that you will undo your singleness in as short of a time as possible. I believe that men should realize it does not matter if people are not treating you like Jesus with a camel going to town.

What matters is if work is finished, and if you are not too worried about other people's lives. I am as socially awkward as anyone else, and perhaps as appearing of selfishness as anyone out there, but I'm trying and that's all that counts.

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2017, 11:07 pm

all this lists just make me feel sure I'll be always alone