Books Which Explain Attraction/Social Dynamics

Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 10:22 am

AWALT is the primary problem with Red Pill, especially for NDs. The only thing I think Red Pill could be good for is how to identify (and shun) NT women.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I'd think a lot of these sorts of advice websites and books would have some amount of margin of error, like I feel like they will pick a particular category of women and give you 'techniques' on how to attract them...so if one relies on it like the bible or something they could miss out on women outside the group the advice is meant to attract. I mean I feel like its about the sort of women who are very much in on popular culture and norms. So I feel like you have to be looking for that sort of women for any PUA stuff to really work...I get the impression much of it would be lost on someone like me who's never been very prone to social norms. Granted I get the impression a lot guys who are into PUA stuff aren't looking for weird girls into nerdy stuff who have an aversion to dressing femininely.
Well, today's PUA literature largely goes by the mantra "AWALT" --- all women are like that. In which case, there is no such thing as "particular category". Also, the term "PUA", popular during the 2000's, is somewhat outdated now; ditto for "seduction community". It's been supplanted by "Red Pill", especially when it comes to getting sex. The difference is that PUA focused more on the results, while Red Pill focuses more on the root cause (alpha/beta divide between men).

MGTOW and MRA are related to Red Pill, but are actually rival movements, and there's quite a bit of infighting between all three. There's been some attempts to unite them as a single front, but success was limited, due to the diverging focuses.

And that is where it is wrong, there are different types of females...but it only acknowledges the one type, the sort that are into pop culture, follow all the current fashion trends and such so the more steryotypical ones. But again its certainly possible that's the sort of females guys who come up with and use those techniques are mostly interested in. So they don't see reason to include other types....doesn't really matter to me because a lot of people into PUA are those 'bro-ish'/frat boy type males, jocks and guys I've never really had a lot of interest in, usually it is more normie females who like them anyways.

79trombones
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Mar 2017, 2:51 pm

I agree with sweetleaf. However, bro-ish'/frat boy types are natural players. PUAs are nerds turned players. And Red Pill is people who need to develop a theory about women to explain why they have been screwed over in the past.

The original point of this thread is to search for sources of less biased material which can be used just for the purpose of self improvement and not an online ideological war.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 7:20 pm

79trombones wrote:
The original point of this thread is to search for sources of less biased material which can be used just for the purpose of self improvement and not an online ideological war.
I think Red Pill explains attraction/social dynamics well enough. But to avoid derailing the topic and taking it into, as you put it, an "ideological war" zone, I will step down from this thread.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 9:47 pm

79trombones wrote:
I agree with sweetleaf. However, bro-ish'/frat boy types are natural players. PUAs are nerds turned players. And Red Pill is people who need to develop a theory about women to explain why they have been screwed over in the past.

I think something like that would be far more useful, however I do not know of anything in particular like that.

79trombones
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Mar 2017, 2:58 am

Here are some of my favorite book on human interaction.

Fundamentals of Female Dynamics by Michael Knight - This book does an amazing job explaining the behaviors which either generate or kill attraction and the underlying reasons behind them. Through the medium of getting better with women, it teaches the core principles to living a more fulfilling life in general.

Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini - This book explains all the different psychological factors which influence our decisions and actions on a daily basis.

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie - This book gives more surface level advice on how to become more likable.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 4:55 pm

79trombones wrote:

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie - This book gives more surface level advice on how to become more likable.

Looks like you beat me to it, I haven't read it but I hear it is a pretty good book on the topic. I did read a little of the first chapter because one of my room-mates has a copy and its sitting out in the living room, it certainly seems legitimate. It is however an old book so some of the examples it gives and such are a little historical you could say but still valid.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2017, 8:20 pm

Books explain a lot of things but they can never solve your problems.
Only you can do that.

79trombones
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Apr 2017, 4:50 am

For Sure. Taking action is the most important step. But having a solid foundation of understanding makes your actions more effective.