Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 9:21 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
Alright, alright I'll come clean! My son who is 18 is dating a woman who is 30 yrs old with 2 kids from 2 different fathers. Every other 18 year old boy around here has a lovely lass on his arm but NOT MY SON!! ! I'm pissed about it.
Sorry, but that's how I really feel. Am I arrogant?? This witch stalked him for months, finally asks him out, and the "FECKER" goes!! ! Maybe I'm the worst mother in the world but I can't stand the sight of him and I won't give him a penny for college because of this. If he's going to be the father of baby # 3 with that woman, he's outta my life!!
Everybody probably hates me even moreso right now but I got to draw the line with this guy!! :cry: :x

You do realise 30 year olds aren't that much mature though? They just have more responsibilities, usually. You'd think some 50+ year olds would behave like a mature adult but they can be just as bad as high school children. Age really doesn't mean too much though, it's maturity and life experience that matters, of course you're still supposed to act your age in terms of not being a dick but a lot of people at these ages act way younger than they are and end up looking pretty stupid like they should still be in school.

No one hates you, it's just wrong to put everyone at x age into one group then label them bad cause there's billions of people on the planet, I think there's some room for some diversity in there. You can look like a hot 28 year old at like 40+ if you take care of yourself btw.

Maybe you could tell your son that she's not mature/right in the head? Then again, he's 18 and naive, he thinks he knows best so just leave him to it if he won't listen to you. He'll come crying back after it all goes wrong lol.

But honestly, I know he's your son but this is why I'm pro-child free, cause you can have a kid, nurture it and do whatever for f*****g YEARS of your life, be as selfless as possible then they just turn into a dick because of the wrong influences. It takes very little for a kid to go the wrong way, so I don't see the point.

If I was in your situation though I wouldn't be putting up with it, clearly the woman is manipulating his naive 18 year old mind. I'd suggest you be firm and don't take any crap from either of them. Don't let him manipulate you for money either. She could be nice as pie and not even mean any harm, just lonely or something but I can't say I agree with it since she's got 2 kids, she should be bringing them up and looking for someone who can properly support her, not dating 18 year olds who still go to college. That's like, super immature for her age.

This_Amoeba
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 10:00 am

Yea, she has no business dating a teen. People go through a lot of changes and don't mentally mature until they are 25+. She is probably taking advantage of his young nieve mind, and she probably has psychological issues. You better watch out, she may be looking to get "knocked up" to trap him into a relationship. She probably tried using that method a few times, hence having two children from different men when she's only 30.

After the age of 25, I think it's okay to date people around 10 years older.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Mar 2017, 3:37 am

My 2nd girlfriend was 19 when i was almost 28. We met on this forum. The relationship was kind of one-sided, her side because she was in college & still dependent on her parents financially, because of our age difference, she was wanting more independence than me, & she was smarter than me & didn't value my input a whole lot sometimes. I see nothing wrong with a girl dating an older guy or a guy dating an older women as long as the relationship works for both of them & noone is manipulating the other.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 5:14 am

Good advice OP!

RightGalaxy wrote:
Alright, alright I'll come clean! My son who is 18 is dating a woman who is 30 yrs old with 2 kids from 2 different fathers. Every other 18 year old boy around here has a lovely lass on his arm but NOT MY SON!! ! I'm pissed about it.
Of course you're pissed about it. I understand you want your son to have a lovely young lass on his arm, not a cynical older woman with kids. Your son should be having fun with a girl his age. They should be going out having adventures. With kids weighing them down that's not practical. I know you want what's best for your son

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 6:42 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Good advice OP!
RightGalaxy wrote:
Of course you're pissed about it. I understand you want your son to have a lovely young lass on his arm, not a cynical older woman with kids. Your son should be having fun with a girl his age. They should be going out having adventures. With kids weighing them down that's not practical. I know you want what's best for your son

How the f**k do you know that she's cynical? I doubt she's more cynical than OP anyway, if you have read her goldigging threads.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 7:14 am

Peacesells wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Good advice OP!
RightGalaxy wrote:

How the f**k do you know that she's cynical? I doubt she's more cynical than OP anyway, if you have read her goldigging threads.

There's no need to get angry.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:19 pm

I am with Peacesells here; as if 18s dating older people weren't so common in your own gender.

What if she just wants sex and doesn't need a man to support her and her kids?

At least she is not a gold digger who wants a papa replacement; a gold digger wouldn't date a guy who doesn't work yet.

I much prefer a woman who wants my body rather than a woman is after my wallet.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 1:34 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am with Peacesells here; as if 18s dating older people weren't so common in your own gender.

At least she is not a gold digger who wants a papa replacement; a gold digger wouldn't date a guy who doesn't work yet.

It would be interesting to know if her husband is older.

Btw when I was in school some girl was dating a guy 7 years older and another a guy like 9 years older. Of course when they do it none bats an eyelid.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 5:34 pm

Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It would be interesting to know if her husband is older.

Btw when I was in school some girl was dating a guy 7 years older and another a guy like 9 years older. Of course when they do it none bats an eyelid.

Same at my high school; I remember female classmates at age 18 or so went with grown guys driving cars; some were really significatly older.
Their typical justification was "we girls mature much faster mentally".

And now just because a 18 yo guy dates an older woman they tell us "he's naive and being manipulated".

Seriously....bah.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 8:18 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Same at my high school; I remember female classmates at age 18 or so went with grown guys driving cars; some were really significatly older.
That's perfect! I'm significantly older and I could easily buy a car. How can I meet these 18 year old girls who like older guys with cars?

(yes Peacesells, I'm already aware of how hypocritical that sounds after my previous post :lol: )

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 11:31 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Sorry, but that's how I really feel. Am I arrogant?? This witch stalked him for months, finally asks him out, and the "FECKER" goes!! ! Maybe I'm the worst mother in the world but I can't stand the sight of him and I won't give him a penny for college because of this. If he's going to be the father of baby # 3 with that woman, he's outta my life!!
Everybody probably hates me even moreso right now but I got to draw the line with this guy!! :cry: :x

I wouldn't cut your son out of your life or refuse to help him with college over this. Either two things will happen, regardless of you. 1. The relationship will end on it's own....either he will get some more confidence and girls his age will start to seem more approachable, or she will get frustrated with his inability to support her. 2. The relationship lasts. In this scenario, they are likely both happy and if your son is happy, what's the problem?

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2017, 11:47 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:

You'd discard your own son because you don't like his girlfriend? That's horrible. If my mother were to treat me that way I'd probably be driven to suicide. You've got be supportive of your children.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 12:57 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
That's perfect! I'm significantly older and I could easily buy a car. How can I meet these 18 year old girls who like older guys with cars?

(yes Peacesells, I'm already aware of how hypocritical that sounds after my previous post :lol: )

*Puke*

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 1:08 pm

Peacesells wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

*Puke*

Take my bowl; your turn.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 4:04 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

*Puke*

Take my bowl; your turn.

Are you making a reference to some spitting game? I don't know it so I don't understand what you want to say.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2017, 4:12 pm

Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

*Puke*

Take my bowl; your turn.

Are you making a reference to some spitting game? I don't know it so I don't understand what you want to say.

Two WPers one bowl.