The Body Positive and Fat Acceptance Movement

Page 7 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 7:05 am

Drake wrote:
If your kid is fat, you're a bad parent. You decide what your child eats, not them. How often do you see a fat child with a slim parent?

I was fat. My mom wasn't.

I ate junk because I was depressed, not because of "bad parenting."

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 11:44 am

Most us will not dare admit to playing politics, much less create our own clubs and scenes, at separate expense, from the rest of society.

I see naysayers, on either side of the argument -- mostly paper tigers, with nothing to give or take from you.

If you think people are so inscrutable, just do the math. When someone makes you feel so uncomfortable, just ask what good is that person. There is a numerical answer, if you want to keep points. Objectify the person, who objectifies you. Everyone can do the same thing to everyone.

Everyone just makes-up their own reasons:
https://www.mgtow.com/poster/american-w ... -superior/

People eat, when they find it pleasurable, and act arrogant, when they find it pleasurable. This can be uncomplicated.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 12:15 pm

Drake wrote:
If your kid is fat, you're a bad parent. You decide what your child eats, not them. How often do you see a fat child with a slim parent?

That's not fair. I gained weight in middle school, but I hardly blame my parents.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2017, 12:34 pm

We are we on the defensive. :oops: :lol: I feel hungry, right now, and look forward to holiday food.

Own up to it.

HelloWorld314
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Apr 2017, 12:19 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
HelloWorld314 wrote:
I think being openly rude to anyone for something that does not harm other people is very rude itself, so I consider being rude to overweight people because they are overweight as something very unacceptable.

parents may give their overweight children a hard time, if they are projecting their own feelings of embarrassment at them, embarrassment of having a fat kid, and being mortified at the prospect of being called a bad parent...feeling that they have failed. somehow.

of course, this is certainly not the fault of the kid, and it is very hurtful to both parties when an elder places the blame of their own bad predicament on the kid (ie, "if you weren't fat, i'd be much happier")

BS, you are the one who is making yourself unhappy, failing to take responsibility for your own state of mind

it is very unfortunate. in many families with overweight kids, not only to they have to bear the weight of their own adipose tissue, but the weight of their relatives' suffering as well...

Yes exactly that. I have been recently reading research about ASD, and I remember CAMH posted an article about how teaching CBT techniques and mindfulness to caretakers of people with ASD reduce the caretakers' stresses in the long term much better than teaching actual real life skills to help caretakers to take care of ASD people.

I guess it is the same thing for parents of overweight children, the burden of the emotional stress and judgements from others really out-weighs the burden of the real care-taking stress.

p.s. English is not my native language, please correct me if I have made any mistakes. I would really appreciate it. Thanks:)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2017, 2:31 am

I am continually frustrated at the fact that just about anything that tastes remotely good, is usually not so good for one's health.

barbarKain
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Apr 2017, 10:40 am

auntblabby wrote:
I am continually frustrated at the fact that just about anything that tastes remotely good, is usually not so good for one's health.

Agree. I'm on the low carbohydrate diet for 3 months, feel really good. Sometimes I eat burgers and noticed that right after that I feel a bit sick.

When I was at the college, I had a lack of time for everything, especially for writings and essays, that made me nervous. Just follow https://essayshark.com/buy-college-essay.html to avoid my mistakes. "You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" Zig Ziglar

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 2:46 am

barbarKain wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Agree. I'm on the low carbohydrate diet for 3 months, feel really good. Sometimes I eat burgers and noticed that right after that I feel a bit sick.

a "cheat day" now and then is ok, within limits. for me, the limit is one cheeseburger with fried onions. :chef: or one slice of the works pizza.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 12:31 pm

Fat people are objectifying their caretakers, with demands of food, pleasure, and acceptance.

Honestly -- it sounds cushy, posh.

My only question, at this point, is whether your waiters / butlers / fluffers are willing masochists, and if fat people are comfortable with that. Do both sides of this agreement acknowledge the situation for what it is, wholeheartedly.

I mean, if the collapsed, king size bed and bed pan ultimately belong to you, you can just say no. You can choose to kick the person out of that car, with the critically-burdened suspension, and not be the chauffeur, if you don't like to do that. Who is to say that it's your personal, social problem, to fix.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2017, 12:32 pm

barbarKain wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Hopefully, not from that place, with the Olestra and silly putty chemicals.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 1:59 am

XFilesGeek wrote:

did you buy the junk, or did your mom or someone else provide it? allowing it to be accessed, so you could eat it.

it's dumbfounding, the genuine surprise some parents have at their child's weight after they have gone and bought cheap, fattening foods, stocking the pantry with it. (not that this is you)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2017, 6:16 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

did you buy the junk, or did your mom or someone else provide it? allowing it to be accessed, so you could eat it.

it's dumbfounding, the genuine surprise some parents have at their child's weight after they have gone and bought cheap, fattening foods, stocking the pantry with it. (not that this is you)

Some poorer families can't afford anything but less healthy food.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 12:39 pm

I am sure they are heavily-funded, via corporate welfare, but, at point-of-sale, wholesome food staples are very cheap, in this time and place.

You have to make the choice, to go either way.

I feel that you can look at a pastry chef stereotype, and say he likes to have his cake and eat it, too. That his choice. I went to a fudge store, in a German town, and the owner was very large. Is anyone feeling a moral dilemma or identity crisis, on reading that. There's a rhyme and a reason, for that, and it doesn't hurt my feelings.

It doesn't need to be helped, and Joe Blow fat-phobe is not the appointed lifestyle coach.

Yes, you are probably a faster runner. Really. Go do that. Enjoy your salad. To each his own. Maybe, you can win a bicycle marathon.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 12:48 pm

what I don't grok, is on tv there is this program called "evening magazine" showing these beautiful people with no body fat on them, taut and muscular, lean and mean, eating mass quantities of all this rich food at this eatery or that, and they get away with eating like that with never any bad effect, IOW they stay slim and fit. HOW DO THEY DO THIS??! !? can their genes really be that much better than mine? Image

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 1:03 pm

These ideas are discussed in the Mediterranean, French, and Atkins diet plans:
https://archive.org/details/letteroncorpulen00bant

Heavy foods are not inherently harmful and even serve to stabilize blood sugar. Once a person has a steady metabolism, it's still possible to have occasional treats, as for a holiday or social event.

My eating is usually, somewhat primal, but I eat plenty of everything, on the day, when everyone does that. I like eating and say that I do. We are lucky for the food.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2017, 1:27 pm

This is the best thing that's happened in recent years. I stay away from the Fish n Chips most of the time now. I only have sweets on special occasions like Valentines Day, Easter, birthdays and Christmas. I've slipped with the Pringles and Doritos. I'll be replacing those with salad for the next 5 months while salad is cheap. I'll also be saving up my money at the same time so I can afford salad all year round. I also drink Mio water more often than pop. My goal is to get to the point where I'm drinking pure water and Mio water instead of diet soda and Mio water.