Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 6:22 pm

JohnnyLurg wrote:
An autistic Trump already does exist and his name is Barron.

Your diagnosis is based on what? A few videos where he demonstrates some Autistic traits?

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2017, 6:24 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
JohnnyLurg wrote:

Your diagnosis is based on what? A few videos where he demonstrates some Autistic traits?

Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that. But seriously, this is an irrational analogy. Trump represents privileged people who are white, male, hetero, cis, etc. Autistic people are not privileged, neurotypical people are. This is like saying "could a black Trump exist?" or asking if a black person could come into power and eliminate all non-black people, which is a racist fear some white supremacists like the ones who follow Trump have.

Life can suck for autistic people and naturally this is an easy place for them to vent considering it's the largest autism-related forum. Where would you rather have them vent? That's like going to a Black Lives Matter rally and being upset that people are there complaining about white people. I mean, this is Wrong Planet. People will complain about NTs sometimes. Big surprise.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 6:36 pm

JohnnyLurg wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
JohnnyLurg wrote:

Sorry, I couldn't resist saying that. But seriously, this is an irrational analogy. Trump represents privileged people who are white, male, hetero, cis, etc. Autistic people are not privileged, neurotypical people are. This is like saying "could a black Trump exist?" or asking if a black person could come into power and eliminate all non-black people, which is a racist fear some white supremacists like the ones who follow Trump have.

Life can suck for autistic people and naturally this is an easy place for them to vent considering it's the largest autism-related forum. Where would you rather have them vent? That's like going to a Black Lives Matter rally and being upset that people are there complaining about white people. I mean, this is Wrong Planet. People will complain about NTs sometimes. Big surprise.

I did not say a thing about venting. And people have and will diagnose Barron for reasons I understand, that does not mean I have to like it

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 6:39 pm

jrjones9933 wrote:
liminal wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
Could an Autistic Trump exist?

I've never heard of narcissistic personality disorder as being a condition co-morbid to ASD.

What's up with that? Do medical professionals never see someone with both, or do they present similarly enough to make the professionals choose one or the other?

It may be possible to have both, but the way autism and narcissism express themselves tend, in some ways, to be mutually exclusive.

Narcissists as far as I'm aware lack empathy, whereas I believe most autistic people don't (and are sometimes much more able to feel empathy than even NTs).

Narcissists tend to be exploitative, while AS people tend to be more honest and disinterested (or not adept) at social manipulation.

Some interesting thoughts further here:
https://luckyottershaven.com/2015/04/11/narcissists-with-aspergers/

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 8:32 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
No no no no no no just no no no no no no.

Why?

Because I've had enough of hearing about madmen who *might* be autistic. Hitler, Jeffery Dahmer, and now Trump. Arrgh!
:wall:

JohnnyLurg
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2017, 9:18 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Why?

Because I've had enough of hearing about madmen who *might* be autistic. Hitler, Jeffery Dahmer, and now Trump. Arrgh!

Don't forget Elliott Rodger, Cho Seung-Hui, and Adam Lanza...

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 12:30 am

If it helps, I don't think that was where OP was going with this. He was asking if someone on the spectrum could hypothetically come onto the scene and gain political clout with other autistics by playing to their anger and frustrations. In other words, could there be "a Trump," I.e., a demogogue, among autistics targeting other autistics? Not asking if Donald Trump himself is autistic. But then, also, would or could such person be successful in doing this because there can be so much anger and frustration among autistics? At least that's how I read it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 3:22 am

JohnnyLurg wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

Why?

Don't forget Elliott Rodger, Cho Seung-Hui, and Adam Lanza...

Adam Lanza was Autistic

As to the topic of the thread marketing and manipulation techniques can be learned so it is possible. But why assume the "Autistic Trump" would rally against the NT's? Maybe the "Autistic Trump" will be pro cure who would exploit resentment against elitist "shiny aspies" of the Neurodiversity movement who are believed to be clueless about the problems of "real autistics"

laurasd
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Mar 2017, 12:39 pm

Trump himself has been diagnosed by psychiatrists at john hopkins as a malignant narcissit. However, there are speculations over his son, barron, being autistic, but i dont know how true that is.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 3:55 pm

It would be poetic justice if Trump is someone with ASD which in turn, may cause everyone including Trump supporters to demand his resignation.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2017, 6:39 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
It would be poetic justice if Trump is someone with ASD which in turn, may cause everyone including Trump supporters to demand his resignation.

Do you really want the public to associate his face (and demeanor) with the word "autism"?