What do guys look for in a woman?

Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Mar 2017, 6:39 am

whatamievendoing wrote:
Obviously I can only speak on my own behalf here, but generally, two crucial traits I look for in a potential partner are honesty and open-mindedness. I myself am honest and open-minded, and I want my partner to share those traits. Everything else is secondary.

I already have those traits so clearly I'm doing something right :)

Ban-Dodger wrote:
I already found you attractive but I do not have much social-time available for anybody at this stage in my life due to needing to deal with an incredibly intrusive and corrupt government that is trying to violate my rights.

Aww, thanks. I can understand how that can take up a majority of your time as I have a friend who has a similar issue to that.

Zed90230 wrote:
amykitten wrote:
I'm planning on reinventing myself as I've realised the only guys I can seem to attract are all people who end up abusing me in some shape or form, be it mentally or physically. Or guys who aren't a good match for me. So I know I need to do something about this so I can get a guy I like. So any suggestions?

I don't consider myself qualified to answer your question because I have my own ideas about what's attractive, some of which are diametrically at odds with what men are "supposed to" find attractive.

I'd still like to hear them please. We're all unique after all and I expect there are some people like you in the area I live or study in :D

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2017, 5:19 pm

To me the most attractive trait in a woman is empathy, and I don't mean this fake new age attention seeking kind of empathy, trying to win social brownie points from others. But real genuine empathy for others, makes me open up and makes it easier for me to build trust. Second most would be intelligence.

Looks wise I am only picky about weight, otherwise I find many different looks attractive.

Galymcd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Apr 2017, 6:42 pm

a pulse

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2017, 6:52 pm

What appeals to me are, as the thoughts happen; intelligence, kindness, grace, mercy, honesty, a sense of fun and humor, that she would have her own interesting hobbies, that she takes care of herself.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2017, 8:41 am

I still can't quite gather what I'm doing wrong. I have two dates lined up this weekend (the first in about 5 years due to being in an abusive relationship) and one later on over the Easter holidays. But neither of the first two I don't believe I will have enough in common with them to make it a lasting relationship and more a fling and the late one is moving back to China since his visa will run out soon. Seriously I have pretty bad luck when it comes to dating guys I like -.-

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 8:57 am

One thing I hadn't really thought of before, being dignity. It's a bit dumb because the remake of B&B put it into perspective, and Gaston's not really got a moral compass, but I also can't seem to stand when someone practically throws themselves at you. Doesn't need to necessarily be romantic, just anyone pushy really. You'd think I'd know better, though, having been desperate for attention and now having to learn some restraint.

That being said I'm usually pretty clueless so probably not a good idea to avoid more aggressive people.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2017, 1:22 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:
What appeals to me are, as the thoughts happen; intelligence, kindness, grace, mercy, honesty, a sense of fun and humor, that she would have her own interesting hobbies, that she takes care of herself.

That's a really nice description

Richardf269
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Apr 2017, 1:24 pm

For me, it's all about the eyes and the smile. I prefer a woman who is emotional based (empathetic), and can sense what mood I am in, or can sense my emotions that I have for her. I like women who can make me laugh a lot (that's somewhat important), I like witty or sarcastic women, and women who are willing to be sensual or very forward/playful or blunt. Also touch is important. If she doesn't like cuddling or kissing a lot, then I will probably lose interest.

Ignotum
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Apr 2017, 2:18 pm

kitesandtrainsandcats wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 2:46 pm

Well, hey, thanks y'all! :)

And now for a different answer
Q: What do guys look for in a woman?
A: neither too much nor too little filling.
:wink:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2017, 2:59 pm

I'm generally looking for the small, sickly, genius type, preferably with one eye and a limp. But I'm very open minded, and would certainly consider two-eyed candidates as well.

There Are Four Lights!

Shelf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2017, 3:16 pm

avoiding abusers is less about changing yourself (other than having good boundaries-this is a skill), and more about learning how to identify patterns that are common in abusers-also a skill, you can get better at both with study and practice. if you like reading books, I can recommend some books when I get home from work. also Google "dating red flags". youtube probably has some videos in this area as well.
Practice, these skills don't come naturally to a lot of people, hence why there are many books exploring these topics.

I also recommend taking a long time to get to know people and studying their behavior across different circumstances over time. at least a year to begin to understand what another person is about.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2017, 4:08 pm

What i look for in a woman,is a nice face,honesty,someone different and like myself,in many respects.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

Galymcd
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2017, 2:15 am

If you're an Aspie (and me especially), a pulse.

danieldoesnotexist
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 May 2017, 2:28 am

Every guy is different and look for different things in women.

The only thing most guys have in common is to want their partner to be healthy and conventionally attractive.
Make sure not to be a jerk to guys you like, I've seen some girls do this, and they are always the lonely ones.

wtf

Dave_T
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 May 2017, 4:14 am

Closet Genious wrote:
To me the most attractive trait in a woman is empathy, and I don't mean this fake new age attention seeking kind of empathy, trying to win social brownie points from others. But real genuine empathy for others, makes me open up and makes it easier for me to build trust. Second most would be intelligence.

Looks wise I am only picky about weight, otherwise I find many different looks attractive.

This, empathy and a open mind. I have fallen for 3 girls who if i had to base just off looks i would not have been interested, completely not my type but after spending some time with them and seeing them for who they are :heart:

One thing thou trying to attract a guy is not to care about the super hot girls, most nice guy will be put off by them.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 144 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 66 of 200